Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He always jokes around on social media saying that he’s going to commit soon. I will say watching our big men struggle in our offense is NOT going to help.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
He always jokes around on social media saying that he’s going to commit soon. I will say watching our big men struggle in our offense is NOT going to help.
This one is for real

Reaction Score
He is a fool if he goes to Illinois. I don't care how much money they threw at him. It is horrible there in the winter and just being in the big 10 won't get him into the NBA. A good coach at a team that people care about would get him into the NBA.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hate to say I saw this coming and we better still be recruiting our commits.

Do you have any actual evidence suggesting that either of our binding LOI signees are anything but fully committed?

Reaction Score
This might sound ridiculous but his Snapchat and his Instagram are completely different animals. Snapchat for him is a lot more personal it seems. Also I mentioned this a few days ago but it looked like he was as filming a video in his gym with the standard lights turned off and some colored flourescent lights turned on reminiscent of a commitment video. I’m officially nervous

Reaction Score
Do you have any actual evidence suggesting that either of our binding LOI signees are anything but fully committed?
Not a single bit. But my guts hurt from this nonstop cycle of despair. I’m a Giants fan too and the parallels between the two are uncanny. I have never claimed to be an insider, I am however said to be quite insightful and feel situations out with some good but not perfect intuition. Hit or miss as much as anyone else on this board. One thing for sure. If we do , by the grace of God, land Kofi, he will be very popular as his ability to clown social media followers and die hard fans is masterful.

Reaction Score
Illinois plays tomorrow at 1pm. Don't think that's a coincidence.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Are we completely sure he is announcing? Why aren’t all the recruiting gurus running with this story?

Reaction Score
Not great!

1546766541807.png

Reaction Score
In a wrap up interview after the Illini visit and watching them lose to Florida International in front of no one, he made it clear he would love to play in the B1G. I believe IL is the only B1G team in on him. That off handed remark may not have been so off handed.

If he goes to what is truly a nothing program that is worse than we are at 3-11 we can thank the AAC. The gift that keeps on giving.

Reaction Score
Only positive if that video is anything associated with the announcement is that his shoes were the good guys colorway

Reaction Score
If he goes to Illinois, there is a reason. It doesn’t have to be $ or anything sinister either. Relationships matter and I thought one of his handlers/coaches was really close and long term friends with the Illinois coach.

I think we have to view all these things through a historic lens. We’ve been through this before a million times with JC as coach. When you have a good staff that recruits hard, you get good players. Many times the players you get aren’t the ones you were expecting. Yet, they turn out great.

We have to get out of the mindset that if we get players that are not as well known to us, they must be second rate. That was a KO and Co. symptom. That wasn’t a good coaching staff. It isn’t the case when your coaches are really good. If they know talent and they have a “draft board”, they’ll figure it out. Our staff as whole is excellent at identifying and getting talent. Tom Moore is best known to UConn fans and he has a tremendous track record. The other guys have gotten great results too. This staff is a top notch recruiting team.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
We have to get out of the mindset that if we get players that are not as well known to us, they must be second rate.
This. There are 4000 players in Div 1. We just got lit up for 25 by a transfer from Gardner-Webb, for cryin out loud. Cincy has 1 top 100 player, allegedly. As Herb Brooks said in Miracle, “I’m not looking for the best players, Craig, I’m looking for the right ones.”

Reaction Score
Today is tomorrow. Our insiders' silence is deafening. It's ok to share your knowledge/opinion when it isn't what we want to hear guys.

Do we have anyone at IL that would know if Kofi is in IL for their game? He is kinda hard to miss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom