OT: - Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm in shock.

I've always had a "basketball hatred" for Kobe in the way you do a great rival. Ray with Seattle and their battles contributed to that. But no question, I've always had ridiculous respect for everything he's about.

I'm genuinely sick to my stomach that his daughter was with him.

This is so crazy, I'm at a loss for words.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Gigi was the daughter that was super talented, one of the best in her age group. Seemed like she and her father were really really close. So sad.

Reaction Score
I'm in shock.

I've always had a "basketball hatred" for Kobe in the way you do a great rival. Ray with Seattle and their battles contributed to that. But no question, I've always had ridiculous respect for everything he's about.

I'm genuinely sick to my stomach that his daughter was with him.

This is so crazy, I'm at a loss for words.
Me too. I don't think I ever rooted for him and his Laker teams. But like you said, it was "basketball hatred" never personal. He seemed to be really inspiring and affable off the court. A friend of mine who works for Nike's marketing dept. worked with Kobe on some shoots for advertisements. She stated he was really easy to work with and down to earth.

I am, along with many others, still in a state of shock.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is so sad.

I was at the movies seeing Parasite and just saw the news when I checked my phone afterwards. If any of you have seen the movie, this really drives home the point about not having a plan.

And as always, Warren Zevon’s “enjoy every sandwich” advice.

Really sad for the daughter. 13 years old. SMH.

Reaction Score
for pure b-ball fans, he was one of the greats rip

don’t forget he was one of the best dunk masters

Reaction Score
Im totally shook by this, terrible tragedy for all involved and associated with the Bryant family RIP.

Reaction Score
gifdsports on Twitter: "Doc Rivers breaking down while trying to talk about Kobe's death was heartbreaking..man. https://post original url/gsGYbUTeb9" / Twitter

Reaction Score
This is so sad... good, hard working, driven human being. RIP Kobe and Gianna.

Reaction Score
If he died taking his Daughter to BB practice He died being a Dad There are worse ways to exit.
RIP KB.
The daughter was playing her dad’s game which she loved or because she loved her Dad so much.
RPI GiGI So Sad
I pray his wife and other children can overcome this tragedy.
what a loss to endure

Reaction Score
Was fortunate enough to see his last game up in Boston 4 years ago, and was in awe of the respect from the Celtic fans and the many in the stands with Laker jerseys. The Lakers won that night as Kobe hit a dagger three after the Celts got it to 2.
Despite the loss, it was ok to lose to a legend.

Reaction Score
Within an hour I found this out also learned of a beloved co-worker passing away too. Gut punch of a day.
Sorry for your loss. So saddened by this Kobe news. He was so driven during his career that we didn’t get to see much of his personal side prior to retirement. Such an amazingly talented, intelligent guy. We were just starting to see his development as a person who would have endless gifts to give to the world. One of the biggest tragedies we will ever see. Thank you for all the years of entertaining and inspiring us Kobe, RIP to all 9 people.

Reaction Score
I recommend "Kobe Doin Work" to anyone with an hour of free time. Spike lee movie of a kobe game, with him discussing all his decisions over the film after the game. Brilliant snapshot into the mind of a great

Reaction Score
Kobe had become a well rounded and engaging person. He seemed much more humble in recent years. He was always classy and he was very intelligent. I pray his wife and remaining children are able to cope and go on to have good and productive lives.

Kind of irrelevant but: I was out of town last night and met an older man sitting at a bar with his wife. My wife and I got to talking to them and he told us that his best friend was killed “yesterday” (Friday) when his Sikorsky chopper crashed. Needless to say, we were kind of extra shocked when we heard the news about Kobe and his Sikorsky chopper this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For all the things Kobe was yet to accomplish along with the promise of his daughter and the others on the flight. Such a loss.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kobe is getting inducted to the Naismith Hall of Fame this summer. Springfield will be insane.

Reaction Score
Why can't we ever always have good things? Not talking just UConn but life. RIP

1580084052709.png

Reaction Score
I recommend "Kobe Doin Work" to anyone with an hour of free time. Spike lee movie of a kobe game, with him discussing all his decisions over the film after the game. Brilliant snapshot into the mind of a great
"You don't build a house without a blueprint so you have to know what you are doing coming in..." -Kobe "Kobe Doin Work"

In this quote he talks about watching film before games. The full context is just after the 11:30 min mark.

Reaction Score
Always rooted against him, but would have loved him on my team.

He epitomized grit and determination. There is a quote by Ernest Hemingway that I think he was a shining example of... “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

Saw Jim Gray saying how fame and fortune were not what drove Kobe. It was a quest for constant excellence.

I hate many of the 'role models' that today's youth look up to. However, Kobe embodied what one should be. We all lost today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom