KO on Dan Patrick radio | The Boneyard

KO on Dan Patrick radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan is not a UConn fan but he did a good job there.

Reaction Score

That =s a better interview. When the reporter is a fan then they just throw softball question s

Reaction Score
I'm shocked we aren't getting every recruit right now... The man is a legend 2 years into his head coaching career, if you're a PG who wants to learn and work and not be handed your fate, there's no one else you should be playing for

Reaction Score
I'm shocked we aren't getting every recruit right now... The man is a legend 2 years into his head coaching career, if you're a PG who wants to learn and work and not be handed your fate, there's no one else you should be playing for

Well, we have a pretty good point guard coming in next year. And if I were a betting man, I'd wager that we get another good one in the class of '17.

Reaction Score

Understatement to say he is not a UConn fan. Day after the national title win, Doug Gotlieb of all people was on defending us, Patrick shouted him down about us deserving the Apr ban. Total about it.

Reaction Score
Well, we have a pretty good point guard coming in next year. And if I were a betting man, I'd wager that we get another good one in the class of '17.

But the thing is, Adams is a New England kid who has been a UConn fan. I'm always happy to get kids like that specifically when they grew up outside CT state lines. I'm looking forward to us simply drawing point guards because they follow college bball and hear and witness the character in Kevin Ollie and understand how his approach to coaching is probably a lot different than guys who are the other big faces of the old guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But the thing is, Adams is a New England kid who has been a UConn fan. I'm always happy to get kids like that specifically when they grew up outside CT state lines. I'm looking forward to us simply drawing point guards because they follow college bball and hear and witness the character in Kevin Ollie and understand how his approach to coaching is probably a lot different than guys who are the other big faces of the old guard.

That day will be coming soon enough but for now, we should feel lucky that two of the best PG prospects in the '15 and '17 classes grew up as UCONN fans.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ut...Oh!!!

Ollie had verb confusion in his second sentence (was/were). I hope no recruits are listening. Ollie's speech pattern is really going to set UConn back. I mean how is he going to sign top 50 kids if he doesn't sound exactly like Coach K?:rolleyes:

Oh wait...

Reaction Score
Its funny at the end he said I thought that job was going to Shaka Smart. Being in Richmond and seeing what Shaka has done at VCU i really wanted him at Uconn when Calhoun was leaving. But then hearing about Ollie I was kind of at peace since he is a Uconn guy and Calhoun hand picked him. I like Shaka, but i'm glad we went with Ollie. Uconn/Calhoun couldn't have made a better choice!!!

Reaction Score
This interview was from several months ago. Shortly after he signed the contract extension.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure (99%+) we don't pay players.

Reaction Score
Understatement to say he is not a UConn fan. Day after the national title win, Doug Gotlieb of all people was on defending us, Patrick shouted him down about us deserving the Apr ban. Total about it.
DP is a total jerk from what I have heard. Worked with a guy whose friend did a deck for him, and he told the guy to sue him to see if could get paid for it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
DP is a total jerk from what I have heard. Worked with a guy whose friend did a deck for him, and he told the guy to sue him to see if could get paid for it.

Can confirm dickishness. Was a bag boy at a country club Patrick attended back in the Patrick/Olbermann Sportscenter days. He was a . Ravech too. Ravech would have you have you bring 3 bags out to his 911 Carerra and not even a word of thanks, never mind a tip (never).

Cool guys were: Tirico and Craig Kilborn. Oh, and our own Ray Allen too!

Reaction Score
worked at espn several years ago, most of the talent are total d bags. the coolest guy was tom jackson, very nice guy. dan patrick is a jizz

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Was ravech's toupee really noticeable up close?

Not that I remember. But I tended to avoid him as a much as possible because there was no tip. And he didn't like to pay for his cart beer. Pain in the arse.

Also, was about 15 yrs ago, so he was younger.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I see him all the time at 7 Seas a Bar in Milford below his radio show. Never says anything to anyone, sits at the bar sips his beer and texts. Very anti-social.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I dont think it's necessarily fair to expect these guys to be the same people in public as they are on the air. Do you really expect Dan Patrick to hold court if he's alone at the bar? They don't know you from Adam. What does John Q. Public do when they are alone at the bar? Some people are always on and some have different on air personalities than off air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom