KO on Dan Patrick radio | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KO on Dan Patrick radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont think it's necessarily fair to expect these guys to be the same people in public as they are on the air. Do you really expect Dan Patrick to hold court if he's alone at the bar? They don't know you from Adam. What does John Q. Public do when they are alone at the bar? Some people are always on and some have different on air personalities than off air.
When they treat you like you were sub-human, then it certainly is fair to call them out. If more people knew who they were, maybe they'd change. I'm not expecting them to chat me up in public, just treat people with some respect.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When they treat you like you were sub-human, then it certainly is fair to call them out. If more people knew who they were, maybe they'd change. I'm not expecting them to chat me up in public, just treat people with some respect.

Absolutely no question. But I don't think that seeing Dan Patrick in a bar, where he was unwinding with a few texts and a beer necessarily means that he is anti-social. The guy is fully engaged for 4-5 straight hours on his radio show.

I do not give all "celebrities" a pass, nor should anyone else if they are personally insulted by them. They are just people and the only thing that really separates them from John Q. Public is their notoriety. From stories I've heard about UConn's own Coach Auriemma from a person I trust whole-heartedly, that make me tend toward the feeling that he is an unadulterated, certifiable, self entitled bag of discarded Summers' Eve liquid.

Without going into a ton of detail (because it is a second hand story), the end result of the episode was that the athletic department returned the donation made by my friend, a non-alum former women's team fan, in full at his request and some members of the Golf Course are not happy with what happened (The coach is not a member of this particular country club).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Absolutely no question. But I don't think that seeing Dan Patrick in a bar, where he was unwinding with a few texts and a beer necessarily means that he is anti-social. The guy is fully engaged for 4-5 straight hours on his radio show.

I do not give all "celebrities" a pass, nor should anyone else if they are personally insulted by them. They are just people and the only thing that really separates them from John Q. Public is their notoriety. From stories I've heard about UConn's own Coach Auriemma from a person I trust whole-heartedly, that make me tend toward the feeling that he is an unadulterated, certifiable, self entitled bag of discarded Summers' Eve liquid.

Without going into a ton of detail (because it is a second hand story), the end result of the episode was that the athletic department returned the donation made by my friend, a non-alum former women's team fan, in full at his request and some members of the Golf Course are not happy with what happened (The coach is not a member of this particular country club).
Well I've got one for you! A Simon and Garfunkel concert at Mohegan Sun. My wife saw JC and said do it. So this groupie went up to JC and asked for his autograph. I never felt like bothering a celebrity prior to this because they have as much right to enjoy a night out as any of us and signing an autograph isn't necessarily something they might want to do. But I sheepishly approached him and got his autograph on the Simon and Garfunkel ticket stub. Still have the tickets. And JC, to his credit, never made me feel stupid or uncomfortable about getting the autograph. Now the thousands of people in the audience for the concert on the other hand.............

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well I've got one for you! A Simon and Garfunkel concert at Mohegan Sun. My wife saw JC and said do it. So this groupie went up to JC and asked for his autograph. I never felt like bothering a celebrity prior to this because they have as much right to enjoy a night out as any of us and signing an autograph isn't necessarily something they might want to do. But I sheepishly approached him and got his autograph on the Simon and Garfunkel ticket stub. Still have the tickets. And JC, to his credit, never made me feel stupid or uncomfortable about getting the autograph. Now the thousands of people in the audience for the concert on the other hand...
Now THAT'S a good story!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
intlz what department did you work in?

I think you might have misread. I didn't work at ESPN. I was a bag boy at a local country club in high school. All these guys used to go there.

Reaction Score
I think you might have misread. I didn't work at ESPN. I was a bag boy at a local country club in high school. All these guys used to go there.

oh, sorry, my bad

Reaction Score
Ravech is a . He is also known to cheat on the course. Nobody at ESPN likes him..

Reaction Score
Ut...Oh!!!

Ollie had verb confusion in his second sentence (was/were). I hope no recruits are listening. Ollie's speech pattern is really going to set UConn back. I mean how is he going to sign top 50 kids if he doesn't sound exactly like Coach K?:rolleyes:

Oh wait...

I don't think anybody has any trouble understanding coach KO. Crystal!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't think anybody has any trouble understanding coach KO. Crystal!!!
That's not what Phil Mushnick says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore