KO: Enoch will one of the best off big men to ever play at UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KO: Enoch will one of the best off big men to ever play at UConn

Reaction Score
The biggest endorsement a coach can give a player is playing time. Enoch doesn't play a lot on a team with deeply flawed bigs and that overall - is a little smaller and more athletic - the kind of team he could be a real asset to if he were good enough to warrant more playing time. That should tell you everything you need to know.

All the talk about his potential, athleticism, KO quotes and all the rest of it is just a complete distraction from the above.

Reaction Score
The biggest endorsement a coach can give a player is playing time. Enoch doesn't play a lot on a team with deeply flawed bigs and that overall - is a little smaller and more athletic - the kind of team he could be a real asset to if he were good enough to warrant more playing time. That should tell you everything you need to know.

All the talk about his potential, athleticism, KO quotes and all the rest of it is just a complete distraction from the above.

I disagree in this case, because Ollie specifically said "offensive player," and the reason he can't play more is because his defense is so bad.

Reaction Score
Cmon King, by saying this you are going to have to regain credibility in your player evaluation department.But I dont believe you do

I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to. The "sees what I see?" My point was that Ollie recognizes Enoch will be a tremendous offensive talent, and the reason he's not playing him more is because he feels he screws up the defense too much. Prior to that, I wasn't sure how Ollie felt about him. As for Ollie's specific quote, "one of the best offensive big men to ever play here," I don't make comments relating to UConn's history as whole, because I wasn't around to see so much of it. But I definitely think Enoch is going to be a great offensive player. Needs to work on his footwork and the quickness of it.

Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie is putting SE on notice that he needs him to be a dominant big next season and he better start working hard and showing improvement?

Reaction Score
My hope is he can make the jump on defense before he leaves UConn. He has to move his feet more and doesn't have to be the shot blocker but a rebounder would be good.
On defense will and effort are more important than talent. All Enoch has to do is work on D and play hard and he will get better.

Reaction Score
What a joke of a statement!! One of the best offensive big men to play at Uconn? I'm sick of Ollie and his hyperbole. Enoch has been a project at best. He's not a bust because he was never expected to be much of anything.

Reaction Score
What a joke of a statement!! One of the best offensive big men to play at Uconn? I'm sick of Ollie and his hyperbole. Enoch has been a project at best. He's not a bust because he was never expected to be much of anything.
The ever low expectations of a top 60 recruit.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Enoch the youngest player on the roster? If that's true, then he's still young and certainly still has time to develop. He'll get there eventually...just hope it's next yr.

H

huskymagic

Enoch has good physical tools and was a pretty high ranked recruit coming out of high school. The problem with this statement is Enoch hasn't shown much yet and Ollie has not shown to be a skilled talent evaluator or developer of players and winning with those players. Calling Enoch one of the best big men to ever play at UCONN when he's not even better than Facey or Oriakhi yet let alone any of our NBA big men is incredibly disingenuous and counterproductive.

If you want to motivate someone you need to break him down and call him out to work harder. Enoch should look to John Collins from Wake Forest and model his game and mentality after him to reach his potential as a player. The kid was like the 230 ranked player out of high school and now as a senior will be a first round lock this upcoming draft.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think KO should have said "if he gets better playing Defense he could end up being one of the best offensive big men to play here". SE only gets extended minutes when AB is in foul trouble. It's because of his lack of D. He is not the most intense player I've seen in a UConn uniform. I'd love to see him go Nuke Laloosh and announce his presence with authority.

Reaction Score
KO isn't crazy here. Enoch has immense gifts as an offensive player. Great body, good hands, nice touch, solid footwork. If you could build a big man he would look a lot like Enoch. I absolutely think he will be a tremendous offensive player for us before he leaves.

Reaction Score
I think before he leaves he'll be a good player. Hasn't shown the development yet - but he's the epitome of a guy who figures it out by his junior year and is contributor. And then his senior year, he's a big piece of what they're trying to do.

Reaction Score
To me he is the epitome of a guy who only gets off the bench because our team was decimated by injuries this year. Lacks quickness, ability to see/anticipate the game. He is a foul machine and though he has some offensive tools he misses baby hooks and layups far far too often. He's one of those guys who needs to improve dramatically just to be adequate. My guess is he stays on the bench behind Durham and the other kid at least next year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
KO isn't crazy here. Enoch has immense gifts as an offensive player. Great body, good hands, nice touch, solid footwork. If you could build a big man he would look a lot like Enoch. I absolutely think he will be a tremendous offensive player for us before he leaves.

His offensive tools are mouth watering his defensive tools are vomit inducing.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping some sort of light bulb goes off soon, he's halfway through his UConn Career at this point and shown he can't play D1 ball so far.

Reaction Score
To me he is the epitome of a guy who only gets off the bench because our team was decimated by injuries this year. Lacks quickness, ability to see/anticipate the game. He is a foul machine and though he has some offensive tools he misses baby hooks and layups far far too often. He's one of those guys who needs to improve dramatically just to be adequate. My guess is he stays on the bench behind Durham and the other kid at least next year.

If he improves dramatically you would be embarrassed to think he would be just adequate. That's absolutely a ridiculous statement.

Although he does need to improve dramatically on defense because his skills and instincts there are not very good right now, this will be his road to PT also.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping some sort of light bulb goes off soon, he's halfway through his UConn Career at this point and shown he can't play D1 ball so far.

He's shown he can play D1 offense and anyone not seeing that is blind. Defense, I agree although there are occasional signs to many some would prefer to just say people suck.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
His offensive tools are mouth watering his defensive tools are vomit inducing.

There are those criticizing KO for not saying it in these words, and those who disagree with the statement's particulars.
It's worth asking oneself which you identify more with.
It's not at all psychological bs to take this look.
Unless it's just a reading comprehension flaw.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are those criticizing KO for not saying it in these words, and those who disagree with the statement's particulars.
It's worth asking oneself which you identify more with.
It's not at all psychological bs to take this look.
Unless it's just a reading comprehension flaw.

I agree with KO 1000 percent he doesn't have to use my words to convey that exact thought. We're UConn. You play D or you don't play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I agree with KO 1000 percent he doesn't have to use my words to convey that exact thought. We're UConn. You play D or you don't play.
Yep, championships are won when the other team scores fewer points, and I'm not the least bit bored watching when it happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom