KO: Enoch will one of the best off big men to ever play at UConn | The Boneyard

KO: Enoch will one of the best off big men to ever play at UConn

Reaction Score
I'd rather hear this than "Enoch will be a scrub", but KO has some work to do to build back his credibility in the player evaluation department.

Reaction Score

Love it. You can see flashes of it. Really looking forward to his continued development.

Anyone know what prompted Ollie to say this? Was it criticism that he didn't play enough in the last game? In any case, I'm glad to hear Ollie sees what I see in Enoch. And this is a clear indication that the reason he doesn't play more is because Ollie doesn't trust his defense enough.

Reaction Score
Ollie might be trying to play some games with Enoch, get him working a little harder. Ollie knows this team may live and die with his play next year. NEED to lock down that 5 spot, Steve.

Reaction Score
The thing that is maddening is that Enoch probably has as fluid and fundamentally sound back to the basket moves as anyone I can remember. They are not very effective, but they look the part. Emeka became a very good low post scorer for us, but Enoch has better fluidity in his actions. Emeka's jump "hook" was more of a squared body fling as compared to the traditionally definition. But, in the end, all that matters is that it goes in.

The "Enoch can shoot" idea is also strange to me. He's now shooting 45% from the field which for a big man is pretty bad. That number is aided immensely by him going 9-9 recently versus UCF and Houston. In the summer, displaying his Armenian nationalism, he shot a robust 39%. He looks the part offensively, it is just not very effective... yet. Defensively, well, that's just plain bad right now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone know what prompted Ollie to say this? Was it criticism that he didn't play enough in the last game? In any case, I'm glad to hear Ollie sees what I see in Enoch. And this is a clear indication that the reason he doesn't play more is because Ollie doesn't trust his defense enough.
Cmon King, by saying this you are going to have to regain credibility in your player evaluation department.But I dont believe you do

Reaction Score
Would love to see it and hoping like heck it happens. But he's near the end of his sophomore year and is averaging 3.5 ppg in 11.8 minutes per game. So the big fella has got some work to do in a relatively short time to get to that level. He's going to have to be a Ferrari. 0 to 60 in 3 seconds.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OMG, is he turning into Bob Diago?

Reaction Score
I said awhile back that he looks like on offense, his upside reminded me of Emeka. Like Facey, he needs to be able to play without looking over his shoulder and he looks to me like he could be pretty dominant. Good shot,hook with both hands and he will rebound cuz he's huge. I love Brimah and everything he's done here, but I think it's about that time. Enoch needs to play now and make mistakes. We could be really good next year.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
IMG_2289.JPG
The thing that is maddening is that Enoch probably has as fluid and fundamentally sound back to the basket moves as anyone I can remember. They are not very effective, but they look the part. ............... but Enoch has better fluidity in his actions. .............But, in the end, all that matters is that it goes in.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We're patiently waiting. Travis Knight did make quite a leap from his soph to junior year, and things didn't really click for Uncle Hiltie until his senior year. But with Stevie, I'm just not seeing it as of yet, unless there's a sudden and miraculous transformation. Considering the limited minutes he still sees, it sure looks like he'll still be learning on the job during the first semester of his junior season.

Reaction Score
We saw some nice offensive looks from Enoch last game. Here's hoping he can develop even more and grow from there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We saw some nice offensive looks from Enoch last game. Here's hoping he can develop even more and grow from there.
He's gonna make UConn great again!

Steve would probably have to be an 80% shooter to exceed the points he gives up.

I'm happy to know KO agrees with my assessment of Steve!

Defense needs to better is code for the kid will do squat offensively if he fouls out quickly!

The statement can also be code that KO knows how offensive The Boneyard will find KO if next season we wish someone didn't ‍ graduate this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom