KML QUESTION | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KML QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As long as KML gets starter minutes it really doesn't matter if she starts or not. I totally understand Geno's thinking in starting Caroline. It would take Caroline longer to warm up if she came off the bench because of all her ACL injuries.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
You people are missing the point. Our starters were no good even when we were winning games. It's too late to change them now. We're going to have to change the coaches. How about a trade with a team that has successful coaches?

Reaction Score
Tiff still gets lost in big games on the road and sometimes at home.........She is better than last season, but swhe is a senior and this team needs her spark driving the hoop.......

Why are so many BYs so quick to criticize Tiff. (Sometimes deserved.)

Even KML was criticized, by some, for her lack of production in the 2nd half of the Baylor game. (Deserved.)

Only 5 players (Bria, KML, Tiff, Heather and Kelly 'defensive') made significant contribution in the Baylor game.

Where was the criticism of CD for her lack of effectiveness in the Baylor game? (There has been a little.)

Stef is in her second year, yet she still can't jump.

The larger point is: Some of this Board are overly quick to criticize both Tiff and Bria, while giving other players a pass.

How about a little balance here.

Peace,

John Fryer

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Sorry I was on my cell and it messed up Moria name

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Even KML was criticized, by some, for her lack of production in the 2nd half of the Baylor game. (Deserved.)

Only 5 players (Bria, KML, Tiff, Heather and Kelly 'defensive') made significant contribution in the Baylor game.

Where was the criticism of CD for her lack of effectiveness in the Baylor game? (There has been a little.)

The larger point is: Some of this Board are overly quick to criticize both Tiff and Bria, while giving other players a pass.

Peace,

John Fryer

Balance - how about this for balance:

Why criticize CD when she is trying her d***dest to come back from her third major injury??? Geno said the leg is bothering her right now. She tried, didn't have a great game, he pulled her.

Why complain that Stef can't jump? Neither could Kara, and she turned out just fine. (nor could Larry Bird - and no I am not saying anyone "is" or is going to be Larry Bird -it's an example!) Look at how much she improved over the last year (and yes, I am counting the USA teams)

Is anyone on the team perfect - no? Did we lose a non-conference game early in the season - yes. Can the team improve - yes.

BUT:
To quote a fine old song from "The Music Man" -
"pick a little, talk a little, pick, pick, pick, talk a little more"

And BTW, to say "peace" after stirring the pot looking for criticisms seems a little, well, not nice. Quite the opposite. JMHO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BUT:
To quote a fine old song from "The Music Man" -
"pick a little, talk a little, pick, pick, pick, talk a little more"

One of my favorites musicals from when I was a youngin'

Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts. Team chemistry is very important and starting a freshman well could weaken the chemistry. No matter how good a freshman is those before her provide the necessary chemistry to make the team run efficecently. Those before her have earned their playtime and starting roles. Yes Diana and Maya and KML should've started because they are that good but they don't because they haven't earned it. Starting is a previlage you earn as is playtime. KML has earned pt. And plays alot of it.
I'd say production trumps chemistry [and I have a PhD in Chemistry].

Reaction Score
Perhaps it's a good thing for KML to come off the bench. Gives her a chance to size up the opposition and decide how she can be effective when she does get in. Not as easy to analyze when you're in the game.

Baylor's good defense made almost everyone look bad. There were very few uncontested shots taken. Griner's owning of everything 12 feet from the basket allowed the other 4 players to concentrate on defending what little of the court was left.

I think everyone played a good game. It was Baylor that made most of the Uconn players look like they weren't having a good game. Remember, Dolson was up against the best player in the country and she was giving up 3 inches in height and who knows how many inches of reach. If she happened to hit a couple of those foul line jumpers, we'd be praising her on high.

HGN

Reaction Score
OK FELLOW HUSKY FANS - ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION - NEXT SEASON (HER SOPHOMORE) WILL KML BE A STARTER? OF COURSE THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES!! BASED ON HER PERFORMANCE AGAUNST BAYLOR, I SAY BENCH DOTY & PUT KML INTO THE STARTING LINE-UP IMMEDIATELY!!! GET KALEENA ACCLAMATED TO BEING A STARTER NOW. THE STARTING LINE-UP SHOULD BE - BRIA, TIFF, KML, KELLY & STEF.
IN ADDITION, BREANNA BANKS SHOULD BE THE #3 GUARD COMING OFF THE BENCH TO REST BRIA OR TIFF. HER UPSIDE POTENTIAL IS VERY, VERY HIGH. I WOULD GIVE HER THE MINUTES DOTY WAS RECEIVING IN ORDER TO ENHANCE HER SKILLS. DOTY IS THE PAST - BANKS IS THE FUTURE.
Desertdog, this is Tiffany's senior year. So she will not be back next year. If KML joins the starting lineup it will be in Tiffany's old spot , not CD's... It may take CD another few months to get her legs back and she will be fine. No need to panic and kick her to the curb. Banks will get her chance , probably many chances. And I see her making the most of them.

Reaction Score
Desset Dog,

Could not agree with you more. Other posters have mentioned Team Chemistry....ummm did you see what happen after Doty came out after the first seven minutes, there was total team Chemistry with KLM and Heather. Team Chemistry is Broken with Doty in big games. Let's really call it was it is....2010 Final Four All over again. Final Four 2010, Stanford, Baylor (Exclude TAM) Doty is not bringing it. Doty plays because she is a fan / coach favorite. The starting line up should be Steff, KLM, Ferris, Hartly, and IMHO Heather (How quickly we have forgotten Lobo\Walters). But also I could see Hayes instead of Heather if speed is needed. As for Heather not being an offensive force? Well, put her in with Stephanie and I am can see Steph going on a scoring spree. Really TWO 6' 5" players to stop over one 6'8" - would be pretty tough to stop. Just don't see Doty causing that much fear or adding offensive cohesion in big games. Hartly is the floor general, but when Doty is in there is hierarchical confusion. We need Banks to be ready for the tournament and Hartly Running it. Doty is inspirational and a great person, but I see pride and politics overriding playing the best players.

John Fryer is on the same page as Frank and Desert Dog. My suggestion is that we very quickly turn the page and move on to the enlightened posters!!!

Reaction Score

Peace,

John Fryer

Rather than criticize Stephanie because she still can't jump why don't you buy her a pogo stick or better yet try to understand that her body type will not allow her to jump higher than she has. Her key is to box out--she will never outjump Griner even if you think she will.

Try to be more positive John

Peace

Jonathan Husky

Reaction Score
OK FELLOW HUSKY FANS - ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION - NEXT SEASON (HER SOPHOMORE) WILL KML BE A STARTER? OF COURSE THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES!! BASED ON HER PERFORMANCE AGAUNST BAYLOR, I SAY BENCH DOTY & PUT KML INTO THE STARTING LINE-UP IMMEDIATELY!!! GET KALEENA ACCLAMATED TO BEING A STARTER NOW. THE STARTING LINE-UP SHOULD BE - BRIA, TIFF, KML, KELLY & STEF.
IN ADDITION, BREANNA BANKS SHOULD BE THE #3 GUARD COMING OFF THE BENCH TO REST BRIA OR TIFF. HER UPSIDE POTENTIAL IS VERY, VERY HIGH. I WOULD GIVE HER THE MINUTES DOTY WAS RECEIVING IN ORDER TO ENHANCE HER SKILLS. DOTY IS THE PAST - BANKS IS THE FUTURE.

I thought Red Aurbach had passed away. Nice to see he's alive and coaching up a fellow member of Hall of Fame on the forum. Geno could use the advice since he really doesn't want to win another NC.

Seams to me I remember Red saying that it doesn't matter who starts a game. It only matters who finishes. Is that still true Red?

Seriously, is there anyone on the forum who really thinks they can tell Geno who or why he should or shouldn't play a player? Is there anyone on the forum who really believes that Geno is not going to do whatever he has to do to win every game or a NC? If there is, I would suggest that maybe they are on the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom