Klinsmann Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Klinsmann Out

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What are you talking about? Brooks is totally boss in his club right now. Bradley is the captain, and Gonzales had a great season in Mexico.

Maybe, but Brooks has been terrible the last two games. He needs to return to form.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Arena was not meant to be a long term pick. Arena was meant to come in, calm everyone's nerves down, and get this team to Russia. He was a good pick for that end. He is not going to banish Fabian or Brooks or anyone else who grew up abroad. He may substitute his own judgment as to whether anyone besides Johnson can play leftback, if there really is a question to which Timmy Chandler is the answer and who gets a shot to push and/or replace Jones and Bradley in the middle. He's a good evaluator and a good coach. This was a fine move.

If that's all it is, fine. But I don't think he's the longer term answer.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but Brooks has been terrible the last two games. He needs to return to form.

Not really maybe. He's probably the best young CB in that league and is highly coveted.

If I have free time later, I'm going to look up October and November results for the USMNT over the past 5 years. I have a hunch they are not good and there is an explanation for it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not really maybe. He's probably the best young CB in that league and is highly coveted.

If I have free time later, I'm going to look up October and November results for the USMNT over the past 5 years. I have a hunch they are not good and there is an explanation for it.

Prior to the Hex I would have called him one of our 5 best and most important players. He may have been out of position covering for others, I don't know really. Maybe his horrible give away for a goal was due to the CR pitch.

Reaction Score
Prior to the Hex I would have called him one of our 5 best and most important players. He may have been out of position covering for others, I don't know really. Maybe his horrible give away for a goal was due to the CR pitch.

He's a pretty young center back, so he is inconsistent. It's probably one of the most cerebral positions on the field. During the last Gold Cup I hated him with a passion, but now I would say that he and Pulisic are probably our two most important players.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He's a pretty young center back, so he is inconsistent. It's probably one of the most cerebral positions on the field. During the last Gold Cup I hated him with a passion, but now I would say that he and Pulisic are probably our two most important players.

If you are saying that Brooks is one of two most important players on the US team, then we have no more to discuss, honestly. I mean...wow...

Reaction Score
If you are saying that Brooks is one of two most important players on the US team, then we have no more to discuss, honestly. I mean...wow...

For the future. For sure. Did you not see the CA?

You're uninformed.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For the future. For sure. Did you not see the CA?

Here's the funny thing, Zoo; the second that Cameron is healthy, Brooks is on the bench. That's why I'm cracking up over here. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but seriously, we need much better quality in our central defense than Brooks if we ever want to have any hope of being a top soccer side...

Reaction Score

Judging a player by one lousy play and a lousy game is more than a little bit dumb. Other than those 100 minutes, he's been playing at a very high level for more than 6 months.

Reaction Score
Here's the funny thing, Zoo; the second that Cameron is healthy, Brooks is on the bench. That's why I'm cracking up over here. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but seriously, we need much better quality in our central defense than Brooks if we ever want to have any hope of being a top soccer side...

Um, they played side-by-side for the entire Copa . . .

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Um, they played side-by-side for the entire Copa . . .

Gonzalez, who I think is equivalent to Brooks, has played for Arena at LA. I'm guessing Brooks will be the one to sit. Furthermore, there are a lot of defenders that I would rather see (health allowing), like Miazga, Acosta, Ream, Birnbaum, etc.

I stand by my statement; if Brooks is our most important defender, this team is going nowhere...

Reaction Score

You should have deleted this before I responded. You just exposed your own ignorance. Brooks is a left sided center back, Cameron is right sided. Even my 11 year old stepson knows that.

You're a nitwit.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You should have deleted this before I responded. You just exposed your own ignorance. Brooks is a left sided center back, Cameron is right sided. Even my 11 year old stepson knows that.

You're a nitwit.

Then you're a clown, because the central positions in a flat back 4 are interchangeable. So that wraps up this discussion...

Reaction Score
Then you're a clown, because the central positions in a flat back 4 are interchangeable. So that wraps up this discussion...

Yes. Waste a left footed centerback who is great on the ball on the right side.

Go check out soccer for dummies at your local library.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yes. Waste a left footed centerback who is great on the ball on the right side.

Go check out soccer for dummies at your local library.

As the "left sided" central back, it is unimportant to be left foot dominant. I'm telling you this as someone who has played the position for numerous years.

It's not worth the discussion anymore. You clearly don't play, otherwise you would know that...

Reaction Score
As the "left sided" central back, it is unimportant to be left foot dominant. I'm telling you this as someone who has played the position for numerous years.

It's not worth the discussion anymore. You clearly don't play, otherwise you would know that...

So you know more than just about every other professional manager because you think you are some adult rec league hero? Because every left footed center back I have ever seen has played on the left side and when they are good enough on the ball like Brooks is (who you obviously have never watched) you want him over there

Got it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So you know more than just about every other professional manager because you think you are some adult rec league hero? Because every left footed center back I have ever seen has played on the left side and when they are good enough on the ball like Brooks is (who you obviously have never watched) you want him over there

Got it.

Clown, listen up and learn:

SPAIN, which plays a flat back four, has used Ramos at both the "left central" and "right central" positions. They have used Pique at both as well. If you don't believe me, then look it up. The fact that you don't know things like that means you aren't ready to have this discussion with me. Period.

Reaction Score
Clown, listen up and learn:

SPAIN, which plays a flat back four, has used Ramos at both the "left central" and "right central" positions. They have used Pique at both as well. If you don't believe me, then look it up. The fact that you don't know things like that means you aren't ready to have this discussion with me. Period.

The fact that you weren't even aware that Brooks always played on the left side club and country and Cameron always plays right back or right center back on defense for club and country (sometimes he plays mid for Stoke) tells me that you probably don't even watch the games.

Brooks always plays left. Repeat after me....

Start actually watching the games.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The fact that you weren't even aware that Brooks always played on the left side club and country and Cameron always plays right back or right center back on defense for club and country (sometimes he plays mid for Stoke) tells me that you probably don't even watch the games.

Brooks always plays left. Repeat after me....

Start actually watching the games.

Again, you're a clown. I can guarantee you that I've seen more soccer than you. And I have seen plenty of all the players you've mentioned. I've even seen the games where Jermaine Jones, a midfielder, played central defense.

We're done with this conversation.

Reaction Score
Again, you're a clown. I can guarantee you that I've seen more soccer than you. And I have seen plenty of all the players you've mentioned. I've even seen the games where Jermaine Jones, a midfielder, played central defense.

We're done with this conversation.

What side does Yedlin play on? What position does he play? This has been awesome, stop embarrassing yourself.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What side does Yedlin play on? What position does he play? This has been awesome, stop embarrassing yourself.

He plays on the right but he's not a central defender. Don't know why you're even bringing him up.

It's been fun...

Reaction Score
He plays on the right but he's not a central defender. Don't know why you're even bringing him up.

It's been fun...

I thought you were done 20 posts ago. I think you can watch some of old games on an ESPN app or something. That might help you get caught up.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Judging a player by one lousy play and a lousy game is more than a little bit dumb. Other than those 100 minutes, he's been playing at a very high level for more than 6 months.

Which is what I said. I consider him among our best players, but he had a weak second half against Mexico and a bad game against CR. Actually, I was thinking more about the guys around him, and whether he's had to make up for their lapses. In particular, Timmy Chandler was at RB in both games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom