Klinsmann Out | The Boneyard

Klinsmann Out

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco taking over USMNT. You heard it here first.

Reaction Score
Rumor is Bruce Arena will be taking over. And we're now going backwards

U.S. Soccer did not immediately name a replacement in thanking Klinsmann for his efforts in a statement, but sources told ESPN FC that negotiations are ongoing with LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena to take over the job.

Reaction Score
I do not like Bruce Arena. Seems like we're going in circles. We don't have another competitive match until March, they have to time to find a quality replacement.

Reaction Score
retreads. The rumor I heard was Bruce thru 2018 and Ramos beyond that. Makes me sick. They need to separate the MLS $ from USSF and give the reigns to Laurent Blanc or someone with the same huevos Klinsmann has to change the soccer culture in this country.

My biggest fear is using the MNT as an MLS all star team

Reaction Score
Well, that was the coach I wanted fired second most.

Yeah he dug himself a big hole. I'm disappointed because I wanted him to do what he said he was going to do. I definitely think he bit off more than he could chew and institutionally, he underestimated the barriers and the entrenched mediocrity in MLS and the USSF.

Now we may never see real reform in our lifetimes.

Reaction Score
Vermes' name is out there too.

I try not to take enjoyment from someone losing their job, but JK just got finished saying people criticizing his results don't know anything about soccer.

Now he's currently available to teach us know-nothings. He made his bed.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we just made our bed too. We have a bunch of non-soccer guys running the show.

I think JK saw the writing on the wall and took one last swipe at the soccer mouth-breathers.
He took on a monumental task of trying to pivot the footballing culture and made progress we won't see for 3-5 years.

Reaction Score
Vermes' name is out there too.

I try not to take enjoyment from someone losing their job, but JK just got finished saying people criticizing his results don't know anything about soccer.

Now he's currently available to teach us know-nothings. He made his bed.

Apparently there is a report that he is taking over Galatasaray.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah he dug himself a big hole. I'm disappointed because I wanted him to do what he said he was going to do. I definitely think he bit off more than he could chew and institutionally, he underestimated the barriers and the entrenched mediocrity in MLS and the USSF.

He could never just settle on a gameplan and build towards it. If it is Arena, Chandler is out, maybe a few others. I don't know if Arena still has it or if he really is going to have a problem with the european players, but his style does fit our current personnel.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we just made our bed too. We have a bunch of non-soccer guys running the show.

I think JK saw the writing on the wall and took one last swipe at the soccer mouth-breathers.
He took on a monumental task of trying to pivot the footballing culture and made progress we won't see for 3-5 years.

AND he just sold his house in LA. He may have wanted out...

Reaction Score
He could never just settle on a gameplan and build towards it. If it is Arena, Chandler is out, maybe a few others. I don't know if Arena still has it or if he really is going to have a problem with the european players, but his style does fit our current personnel.

What's his style? Having the highest payroll in the league and not being able to get to the third round of the playoffs for two years straight?

We have younger coaches that are ready.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah the only way Arena is palatable is if he's replaced by someone with an actual track record in 2018.

I mean, what's Guus Hiddink up to these days? His M.O. is the short term turnaround job. Why not him instead?

Reaction Score
Yeah the only way Arena is palatable is if he's replaced by someone with an actual track record in 2018.

I mean, what's Guus Hiddink up to these days? His M.O. is the short term turnaround job. Why not him instead?

I heard Louis Van Gaal is available.

Reaction Score

Kinsman did for the US what he has always done? What barriers and entrenched mediocrity did he have at Bayern?

Reaction Score
Kinsman did for the US what he has always done? What barriers and entrenched mediocrity did he have at Bayern?

That's not an apples to apples comparison. And he actually introduced a bunch of systems at Bayern that they still use today.

But go ahead and sleep easy now that Don Garber is installing his man. We're going to get a bunch of MLS All Star teams.

Reaction Score
That's not an apples to apples comparison. And he actually introduced a bunch of systems at Bayern that they still use today.

But go ahead and sleep easy now that Don Garber is installing his man. We're going to get a bunch of MLS All Star teams.

That is the definition of apples to apples. He lost the respect of that team If the re

If "installing his man" is hiring a stop gap to attempt to salvage this cycle because no reasonable replacement would entertain joining such a show after getting 0 points from the first 2 games of the hex ... then yes ... install away!

Edit - I fully expect a new coach in place in late summer 2018.

Reaction Score
That is the definition of apples to apples. He lost the respect of that team If the re

If "installing his man" is hiring a stop gap to attempt to salvage this cycle because no reasonable replacement would entertain joining such a show after getting 0 points from the first 2 games of the hex ... then yes ... install away!

Coaching a national team is not the same as a club team.

Jurgen is respected by many of our players as was shown on social media today.

Salvage the cycle? We're not even close to being in jeopardy. This is CONCACAF it is forgiving as f. Stop being so dramatic.

Reaction Score
Coaching a national team is not the same as a club team.

Jurgen is respected by many of our players as was shown on social media today.

Salvage the cycle? We're not even close to being in jeopardy. This is CONCACAF it is forgiving as f. Stop being so dramatic.

Dramatic? Wow ... nice ....

You bought in to Klinsmann's PR and ignored his results.

But please don't confuse players' social media comments as anything more than common courtesy and respect. They showed a lot of class and restraint ... and seem to be above holding grudges over petty disagreements.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Exactly this.

Anyone who believes that Klinsmann didn't have to go is just kidding themselves. His tactics were horrible, and his roster selection was puzzling at best.

Is Arena the guy? Not really. He'll get us through the hex, and probably a standard WC finish in Russia. We need to identify someone better after 2018 is over. But Klinsmann absolutely had to go...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dramatic? Wow ... nice ....

You bought in to Klinsmann's PR and ignored his results.

But please don't confuse players' social media comments as anything more than common courtesy and respect. They showed a lot of class and restraint ... and seem to be above holding grudges over petty disagreements.

Do you think he did a bad job over the whole period he was in it? I don't. He made some needed changes, and bringing in the international guys was part of that. We can't go back to an MLS first coach who wants only US born players. We need one who wants to improve the US born players (mostly by sending them to Europe), improve the MLS, and to bring in any eligible foreign born guys who can contribute.

My issues with Jurgen were that he seemed to lose the team. Maybe they couldn't execute what he asked them to do (and should have been able to). I doubt it's entirely his fault, but whether it is or not, we couldn't move forward with him, because he couldn't get the players we have to play to the best of their ability. I also found him to be overly reluctant to play young players, choosing less talented veterans instead.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Do you think he did a bad job over the whole period he was in it? I don't. He made some needed changes, and bringing in the international guys was part of that. We can't go back to an MLS first coach who wants only US born players. We need one who wants to improve the US born players (mostly by sending them to Europe), improve the MLS, and to bring in any eligible foreign born guys who can contribute.

My issues with Jurgen were that he seemed to lose the team. Maybe they couldn't execute what he asked them to do (and should have been able to). I doubt it's entirely his fault, but whether it is or not, we couldn't move forward with him, because he couldn't get the players we have to play to the best of their ability. I also found him to be overly reluctant to play young players, choosing less talented veterans instead.
Agree completely. Klinsmann needed to go. But going back to Arena isn't gonna help much. We, as the USA with our resources should be able to do better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom