Klinsmann Out | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Klinsmann Out

Reaction Score
Hoping it's to announce Benny won't be part of the USMNT pogram

Separately - 18 yr old Josh Perez made his Fiorentina debut over the weekend. We currently have two teen wingers playing first ball at top flight Euro clubs

Reaction Score
Hoping it's to announce Benny won't be part of the USMNT pogram

Separately - 18 yr old Josh Perez made his Fiorentina debut over the weekend. We currently have two teen wingers playing first ball at top flight Euro clubs

Oh, Bruce already said that he would be brought back in to give him a shot. Too late.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The team quit on him. Yes, we're better than T&T and Honduras and Panama, and should still qualify, but when teams quit on coaches it stops mattering if you're better than your opponents. Just like our football team quit on HCBD.

It was not guarantied that we'd climb up to 3rd without a change

It's still not guaranteed. It is just more likely.

Meanwhile, when is Dempsey back? Will he be fit for the remaining games? Like him or loathe him, we need that guy.

Reaction Score
Who loathes Dempsey? He has the best skillset on the front line. For my money he's been the most consistent threat/holding attacker/finisher/passer on the front line the past number of years. He's recovering from a bad heart - I hope he comes back, but that would come as a surprise, IMO.

Reaction Score
Sporting KC has a MAJOR announcement tomorrow, some suspect that Peter Vermes is leaving to take a position on Arena's staff. He'd been mentioned as a candidate in the past. I think the only reason he would leave a head coach gig to take that job is if he was a "Head Coach in waiting". That would be utterly shambolic.

There was nothing to this. Most people were surprised such a big to do was out of a simple contract extension.

Bruce Arena searching for USA playmaker - Goal.com

Decent article on the way Arena sees things. He wants a better passer in midfield (cough cough Benny), Pulisic will stay on the wing, and the team isn't going to look like Barcelona.

Reaction Score
We know the player pool. If you want a true #9, the obvious choices are Klejstan and Fielhaber. Maybe Nagbe and Nguen get a chance but I think they are less likely. Maybe if Dempsey recover he subs in there. But it's going to be Benny and Sacha who get the first looks.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would love to see Nagbe and Nguyen get more burn. And Klestjan has certainly been in form this year. Fixing the central midfield will fix a lot of what ails us...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom