OT: - Kitchen Renovation | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Kitchen Renovation

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Plumber's crack photo or it didn't happen.

We purchased a new dryer from the Sears outlet a couple years ago and paid for delivery, installation and hauling away of our old dryer. They kept pushing the estimated time later and then I didn't hear anything after 5 p.m. I called the store and said I was canceling the order because it hadn't been delivered as promised. They kept bouncing me around and had no idea what was going on. I went to bed around 11 pm and heard a truck backing down the driveway. Yep. 11 pm and let's say not the most friendly or trust-inspiring guys. In a house with three young girls. I stood in the driveway and insisted we had canceled the order and that I would refuse the delivery. My wife pleaded with me to suck it up because she really needed the dryer. I did. They needed to remove a door to install it. They left well after midnight.
My wife works third shift and is pregnant and doesn’t like being home alone when these people come to the house. Because of her’s and my schedule (I’m a teacher going back next week) and her needing to sleep today was the only day we could do. I told them the morning worked best when I placed the order last week. The person on the other end seemed offended I had a preference for when this project was being done in my house. Calls yesterday with a 3-7 window. Bros show up at 6:45. I mean they’re still in the window? Very odd to start a 3 hour project at 6:45 right?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Schedule that delivery for 12/30 or 12/31... don't miss out on a full year of the child tax credit.

you've got so much to learn about being a parent

Congrats and good luck!
Starting in 2020 CT has the best maternity leave in the country though.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Starting in 2020 CT has the best maternity leave in the country though.
Dream Jobbed, I hate to be the one to tell you this (and I mean that in all sincerity), but that new family leave law doesn't start until 2021.

"If signed, then starting in 2021, workers in Connecticut would get 12 weeks off to care for a new baby, a seriously ill family member or loved one or to deal with their own illness. The benefit will be funded by a payroll tax on workers of 0.5 percent. Benefits will cover 95 percent of low-wage workers’ pay up to $900 a week, the most generous level of wage replacement in the country."

I believe it's also discussed on the CT DOL site.

Reaction Score
God knows that I hate these threads and I simply could not have less regard for any of your opinions, but has anyone installed a quartz composite sink? We just threw the kitchen away because my mom's dog once peed in it and I'm considering putting a new kitchen in the hole where the old one was.

I will accept answers that include recommendations to change careers, selling the house and buying one that already has a new sink, going without a sink and relying on a local stream for fresh water, etc.

I will even accept an answer from someone who has actual experience with a quartz sink.

I didn't put OT before the title because I knew it would trigger 87% of Boneyarders.

Use bleach and water to wash the sink really well...leave it there and go on with life.... Much easier than replacing it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom