Kisunas released from LOI | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kisunas released from LOI

Reaction Score
I had a good feeling about him but we’ll be okay. Need 1 more guard and we’ll be a potential top 25 team. Right now we have:
PG: Adams, Gilbert
SG: Vital
SF: Wilson, Polley
PF: Williams, Whaley, Diarra
C: Carlton, Cobb

Throw a decent combo guard into that roster and there’s a lot to like.

Hoping we get a true picture of who is staying and who is leaving soon.

Reaction Score
Very much could've been a "we'd love to have you if you're willing to accept a smaller role" kind of thing. If he's decommitting and getting offers from Ivy League schools that tells you all you need to know. His offer list during his recruitment wasn't exactly a barnburner either. Purdue, Illinois, and MD were the only two P5 programs worth a lick to recruit him.

I'm sure that was what was said. Not.

Reaction Score
It may all work out, but in no way is losing an entire recruiting at this point a good thing.
It's better than signing guys you didn't recruit and don't fit into your system. You really shouldn't be surprised by this. If anything, it is a more a statement on how far back UConn fell in recruiting under Ollie. The blaze strategy = a quick way to have your program go up in flames.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
None of the linked players are going to be the same now that we've gotten rid of Ollie.

Perhaps. But bringing a Brandon Williams here at this stage would be an astonish feat for Hurley. Or Romeo Langford, or anybody else like that. There are an absolute ton of guys who only have verbals out right now though and no NKI. He could be trying to flip those guys.

Somebody like Luther Mohammed, out of NJ. UConn offered but Ohio State has his verbal.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/luther-muhammad-2699

The next few weeks before NLIs are due could be interesting. I'm about to meet up with a coach of a prep school basketball team. I'll see if he is hearing anything.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a dead period coming up in April? Hope the board doesn't get to antsy waiting for news during that time as we probably won't hear much.

Reaction Score
I had a good feeling about him but we’ll be okay. Need 1 more guard and we’ll be a potential top 25 team. Right now we have:

We need a guard who can stroke it and handle PG duties, a wing who can stretch the floor and another serviceable big. Then, maybe, we're a top 40 team. Lots of pieces to the puzzle to be fit in as of now. Our core of Adams, CV, Gilbert, Wilson, Diarra, Carlton must be kept in tact.

Reaction Score
Thought he’d stay when I thought DH wanted him. If DH doesn’t think he’s a UConn caliber player I’ll trust him. Until he gives me reason not to. You can always find a Kisunas

Reaction Score
Isn't there a dead period coming up in April? Hope the board doesn't get to antsy waiting for news during that time as we probably won't hear much.
The dead period ends at noon on April 5. Then there's a recruiting period from noon on April 5 through April 18 (with another dead period thrown in there from April 9th to the 12th). Then there are two live periods from 4/20 - 4/22 and 4/27 - 4/29. Should be a busy April for Hurley, Moore and the rest of the staff.

Reaction Score
The dead period ends at noon on April 5. Then there's a recruiting period from noon on April 5 through April 18 (with another dead period thrown in there from April 9th to the 12th). Then there are two live periods from 4/20 - 4/22 and 4/27 - 4/29. Should be a busy April for Hurley, Moore and the rest of the staff.
Always on top of things thanks TCF!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

So for all his other shortfalls I guess Ollie COULD recruit.

Reaction Score
Trust the process
Agree. We wish these players well who have decommitted and we’ll go with a clean slate!!! All the best in recruiting, Coach Hurley!! Bring back the type of players who have made UConn great and appreciate the blue and white!!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We need a guard who can stroke it and handle PG duties, a wing who can stretch the floor and another serviceable big. Then, maybe, we're a top 40 team. Lots of pieces to the puzzle to be fit in as of now. Our core of Adams, CV, Gilbert, Wilson, Diarra, Carlton must be kept in tact.

you know, i get that Whaley isn't going to be our best player, but he was our best big last year. Without having a college ready body. I'm excited to see what an upperclassmen version of him looks like.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So for all his other shortfalls I guess Ollie COULD recruit.
Shhhhhhhhhh
You are ruining the MoJo here
We need more of this:
Ollie man, wow. You know you have no clue what you are doing when a guy from from the A10 takes over at a blue blood and has no interest in retaining 66% of the recruiting class. That is wild.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
So what's everyone thinking...how do we fill these three scholarships? Is it reasonable to think we can land three freshman who are also skilled? Or should we try to land one freshman and two grad transfers to plug the hole for now?

Give me 3 grad transfers, barring a big time kid shaking loose or reclassification.

I haven't done a ton of research, but give me two guards that can knock down threes and competently handle the ball and a wing that will take some pressure off of Sid to be a day 1 stud and I'll be thrilled.

While the 2016 class obviously didn't work out, I think the plan that we had in 2016 looking ahead to 2017 should be what we emulate here. Fill in blanks with grad transfers to maximize our (hopefully) last year with Jalen and then let DH start putting his stamp on the team with the '19 and '20 classes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom