UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Good luck kid.

Whats brendon adams up to?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Good fit for him that other white big man we briefly recruited after Hurley was signed signed with Butler, also a good fit.

UconnU

Reaction Score
He’s probably right about it being the best place in the world to both study and play basketball.
Duke because the academics aren't that much different but the basketball is on a much higher level.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Stanford>>>>>>> Duke. Hoops aside, it's not even close.
Again they're both great academic schools but Duke is legitimately one of the 2 or 3 best basketball programs in the country. It's like the Harvard of basketball with Ivy league level education.

Reaction Score
Again they're both great academic schools but Duke is legitimately one of the 2 or 3 best basketball programs in the country. It's like the Harvard of basketball with Ivy league level education.
That's why they were saying basketball aside Stanford kicks Duke's rump.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stanford is Ivy level in terms of education and reputation; Duke is not. There are a lot of schools at Duke’s level, educationally and reputationally. Stanford is the most selective school in the country for a reason.

And yeah Palo Alto ftw.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Stanford is Ivy level in terms of education and reputation; Duke is not. There are a lot of schools at Duke’s level, educationally and reputationally. Stanford is the most selective school in the country for a reason.

And yeah Palo Alto ftw.
The statement was that it's the best place in the world to both study and play basketball. My opinion was that that is incorrect because the level of basketball played at Duke would make it better. If you were to give basketball and education equal weight and rank the 4 components here I would rank them as such:

1. Duke for Basketball
2. Stanford for Education
3. Duke for Education
4. Stanford for Basketball

1+3 > 2+4

If weighted heavier for education than your statement makes sense, if not than Duke is better because of the basketball.

Reaction Score
The statement was that it's the best place in the world to both study and play basketball. My opinion was that that is incorrect because the level of basketball played at Duke would make it better. If you were to give basketball and education equal weight and rank the 4 components here I would rank them as such:

1. Duke for Basketball
2. Stanford for Education
3. Duke for Education
4. Stanford for Basketball

1+3 > 2+4

If weighted heavier for education than your statement makes sense, if not than Duke is better because of the basketball.
Stanford>>>>>>> Duke. Hoops aside, it's not even close.

Reaction Score
Stanford beats Duke into a powder academically and athletically.

Duke has a better basketball team. Stanford has won the NACDA Directors Cup for about the last 284 years.

Not a contest.

UConn has been called the Stanford of eastern Connecticut, by some.

Reaction Score
Having sheparded two kids through the college process in the last four years, from a well-above average public school system in Westchester, I can knowledgeably say that Stanford is the hardest school in the country to get into, this side of Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Duke is not on the same level, but is just below, with the likes of Cornell, Penn and Georgetown. If my son or daughter was a stud student/athlete with their choice, Stanford would be a no brainer.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score

Duke has a better basketball team. Stanford has won the NACDA Directors Cup for about the last 284 years.

Not a contest.
No contest if he were a swimmer. Last year's senior class at Duke played in 16 NCAA tournament games and won 13 (2 FF and 1 title). Average 4 year run there. Stanford's class never played in the big dance.

UconnU

Reaction Score

Not a contest.
How many top 150 type kids offered by both Duke and Stanford say well Stanford is better academically so ill go there? Not many and they recruit the same type of kids(or at least they used to).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No contest if he were a swimmer. Last year's senior class at Duke played in 16 NCAA tournament games and won 13 (2 FF and 1 title). Average 4 year run there. Stanford's class never played in the big dance.

That was why I said that Duke had a better basketball team.

I’ll use pictures next time to make it easier to digest.

Reaction Score
How many top 150 type kids offered by both Duke and Stanford say well Stanford is better academically so ill go there? Not many and they recruit the same type of kids(or at least they used to).
They don't at all recruit the same kind of kid, that's why Kisunas is going to Stanford. Duke gets their pick of the top basketball players in the country, Stanford gets their pick of the smartest kids in the country.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

If it was Ivy League caliber it wouldn't serve as the premier safety school for Ivy League rejects, particularly those who get rejected by Princeton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom