Kings of New York | The Boneyard

Kings of New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Wtf was it with the huge number of Indiana fans? THIS IS UCONN'S CITY!!!

C

Chief00

Quite frankly a good win tonight. An intense, hard fought game. Celebrating tonight in city; heading home tomorrow.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
1 0 2 !!!!

Sorry if you didn't like my style!

Reaction Score

With all due respect, UConn hasn't drawn well in NYC in a decade. Cuse and St. John's by far outdraw UConn in NYC. That wasn't the case in the 90's when UConn was in their heyday, but I've been at tons of games since those days and UConn brings paltry crowds in comparison. As a SJU fan I used to hate the UConn presence. For quite a few years now, SJU far outdraws UConn for those games. It's no longer your city though. Not even close any more. SJU fans are still fighting Cuse fans off though. They have drawn better than any other team has. It is maddening to tell the truth. I'm hoping it changes with them in the ACC, but I think you'll see a packed MSG with a lot of Cuse fans when they play SJU next month.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
St. John's fans are just freaking adorable.

If they were stuffed animals, I would buy and buy and buy and just squeezes them all to bits.

You drew fewer than 4,000 people tonight. You've drawn fewer than 4,000 every night. There were more people at the Garden working in craft services than there were fans in the seats at Louie's little arena.

You have no fans.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We were in 102. There were more. Indiana fans but we made a lot more noise.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, UConn hasn't drawn well in NYC in a decade. Cuse and St. John's by far outdraw UConn in NYC. That wasn't the case in the 90's when UConn was in their heyday, but I've been at tons of games since those days and UConn brings paltry crowds in comparison. As a SJU fan I used to hate the UConn presence. For quite a few years now, SJU far outdraws UConn for those games. It's no longer your city though. Not even close any more. SJU fans are still fighting Cuse fans off though. They have drawn better than any other team has. It is maddening to tell the truth. I'm hoping it changes with them in the ACC, but I think you'll see a packed MSG with a lot of Cuse fans when they play SJU next month.
LOLOLOLOL

Reaction Score

Must admit Cuse has a big presence in New York City... and somehow they are able to gather up enough to pretty much fill the garden every time they play there. It kills me every time because I hate cuse from both sides (I like Connecticut and support my Alma mater Stony Brook in L.I)... and the arrogance of "New York's College Team" (self advertised) doesn't let me tolerate Cuse fans. f'cking idiots...

St. John's however... That program hasn't been significant in years and New York is well aware of it. That's why there is less St. John games at the Garden every year and they don't even fill 60%-70% capacity. I would say get back to the Tourney for three-four years straight and then come back around and comment on attendance

Connecticut is a strong second in NYC... simple as that!

With all that said... I don't see why is it so important for Connecticut fans to own New York. This is Connecticut's team. Continue to make the brand stronger in Connecticut, those are the fans that will always support you day in day out, in good times and bad times. New York has a thousand different teams and as soon as one start to lose, they look away and search for a winning team to jump on. No loyalty in such a big city (I lived here for the past fifteen years, I think I know by now). Hartford and Storrs is where is at, and where it should always be... Don't even get me started with the Bridgeport idea... Lets just say a Big Program plays at HOME where its college students are at. College Ball afterall...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was pretty even in terms of numbers. But IU fans were loud.
Awesome game.

Reaction Score
Besides maybe a game or two in NY every few years, there are a large # of IU alumni in the Tri-state area. Plus, if you're from Kokomo and have a chance to visit the City ...

Reaction Score
Heading down to that game with a buddy that's a big Cuse fan. I'll be the guy in UCONN gear!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As far and the number of Hoosier fans, Indiana basketball can be paralleled in may ways to Nebraska football. There has been a dedicated fan base for generations, many will travel and there is enough of a scattering of alumni in major cities where if they play in a place like the Garden they will draw exceptionally well.

In response to our SJU (oh, that's right, St Joe's beat them to it so they are now StJ) visitor, it was very easy for the handful of Redman (sorry, Redstorm) fans to notice that many of our fanbase became a bit bored with blowing them out in MSG when attendance went from 4-1 UConn fans during a sellout to 3-1 UConn fans for a game at 80% capacity and later 2-1 UConn fans at 60% capacity.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Get some wins, and come back and see us.

Reaction Score

Hey play the games on weekends....that change did change the UConn following down at MSG and it's obvious!!! Many more Husky fans last night than on Thursday as Friday is a great night to head down as is Saturdays like they used to be until Jarvis figured he'd change it!!!

Monmouth is tough huh? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Cuse saturates the radio with 'NY's team' commercials for games carried on NYC radio. Where's UConn spending??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom