Kinda OT: OKC fires Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.gif

Reaction Score
Ollie isn't going to OKC for several reasons. Notice where all the Ollie to OKC fire is coming from, it's all the college basketball Twitter boys who hate UConn.

Reaction Score
Ollie isn't going to OKC for several reasons. Notice where all the Ollie to OKC fire is coming from, it's all the college basketball Twitter boys who hate UConn.
Yeah.

There is no chance Ollie coaches anywhere but UConn next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Exactly and I smell squid all over them! Not worried one bit. And KO and the staff could tell recruits that some coach is spreading rumors to impact recruiting.

Reaction Score
Honestly KO prides, I mean PRIDES, himself on being a role model and a man of his words. If he already turned down these rumors I'd highly doubt someone of his character would then turn around and leave. Let's be realistic.

If he does, then he's not the kind of guy we thought he was and good riddance.

Reaction Score
Didn't KO do that like, oh, I dunno, an hour ago

That was before Scott Brooks was fired. He could have said that out of respect for Scott Brooks. A man he has a great deal of respect for

Reaction Score
Donovan is the better choice right now for them out of Donovan and Ollie. Ollie is still relatively new to coaching but is more connected with Westbrook and Durant. If they care about offense go for Mike Dantoni...

Reaction Score
I'm not aware of this Woj hates UCONN stuff but I do know he doesn't like Lebron and he had tons of BS "sourced" rumors about LJ in the past year, all which were way off. He can let his personal opinions affect his stories, also see Coach K.

Reaction Score
That was before Scott Brooks was fired. He could have said that out of respect for Scott Brooks. A man he has a great deal of respect for

I would be willing to bet an awful lot of money that Kevin Ollie knew with certainty that the Brooks news was coming out today and the statement was his attempt to get out in front of it.

Of course, now we have people debating the definition of every single word in the statement. So it didn't really do the job.

Reaction Score
I'm not aware of this Woj hates UCONN stuff but I do know he doesn't like Lebron and he had tons of BS "sourced" rumors about LJ in the past year, all which were way off. He can let his personal opinions affect his stories, also see Coach K.
especially on twitter. clearly, ko knew brooks was getting let go this am by the timing of his statement. if he did that as a leveraging tactic, other than to maybe get more money from uconn, it would be so out character. ko is a good man who bleeds husky blue.

Reaction Score
KO's not going anywhere. It's impossible to believe that he'd move to Oklahoma with Jalen playing QB at Fordham next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lol at people acting like we should just laugh off these rumors. They're everywhere, and concerning.
And the press has never been quick to push a story without legitimate or verifiable sources? How about the recent Rolling Stone fiasco.

Reaction Score
Lol at people acting like we should just laugh off these rumors. They're everywhere, and concerning.
No they are not. These rumors all over twitter from guys who are far removed from KO. If you read the article that Woj wrote, he states:

Florida coach Billy Donovan is expected to become a serious candidate to replace Brooks, sources told Yahoo.

Presti has a longstanding friendship with Donovan, a two-time national championship coach who has been open about his interest in moving to the NBA.

Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie could be a candidate for the Thunder's coaching job, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

KO to OKC is a smoke screen............maybe it gets him a raise or more guaranteed years at UConn, maybe it gets Donovan for less at OKC. Either way, no where in print suggests that KO will go.

Reaction Score
The reality is $$$ talks and B** runs a marathon... It's the nature of the business when you're dealing with Millions of dollars... If OKC knocks KO's socks off with a lucrative offer how could anybody on this board, or any UCONN fan (if you're from the state of CT and understand finances and ultimate family security) for that matter blame KO for taking the OKC job if he's indeed the guy they want. I'd be happy for him... UCONN basketball will still go on without him... It'll be tough sledding in terms of finding the next leader (although one would speculate Calhoun may come back for a year to keep things steady up in Storrs... just makes sense)...

You just can't knock KO for taking advantage of the ultimate job opportunity, which, like it or not folks, is not head coach at UCONN.. he's still young... get the ultimate job at the NBA level... keep growing.....

Reaction Score
No they are not. These rumors all over twitter from guys who are far removed from KO. If you read the article that Woj wrote, he states:

Florida coach Billy Donovan is expected to become a serious candidate to replace Brooks, sources told Yahoo.

Presti has a longstanding friendship with Donovan, a two-time national championship coach who has been open about his interest in moving to the NBA.

Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie could be a candidate for the Thunder's coaching job, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

KO to OKC is a smoke screen..maybe it gets him a raise or more guaranteed years at UConn, maybe it gets Donovan for less at OKC. Either way, no where in print suggests that KO will go.

I heard the Donovan to NBA thing last week... Whether it's OKC (which I know us Husky fans hope) or another NBA squad he's gone... Don't blame him either...

Reaction Score
The reality is $$$ talks and B** runs a marathon... It's the nature of the business when you're dealing with Millions of dollars... If OKC knocks KO's socks off with a lucrative offer how could anybody on this board, or any UCONN fan (if you're from the state of CT and understand finances and ultimate family security) for that matter blame KO for taking the OKC job if he's indeed the guy they want. I'd be happy for him... UCONN basketball will still go on without him... It'll be tough sledding in terms of finding the next leader (although one would speculate Calhoun may come back for a year to keep things steady up in Storrs... just makes sense)...

You just can't knock KO for taking advantage of the ultimate job opportunity, which, like it or not folks, is not head coach at UCONN.. he's still young... get the ultimate job at the NBA level... keep growing.....

I agree totally BUT he most likely won't get the deal he needs to leave UConn. That is what OKC management is discussing right now.

Reaction Score

KO to OKC is a smoke screen..maybe it gets him a raise or more guaranteed years at UConn, maybe it gets Donovan for less at OKC. Either way, no where in print suggests that KO will go.

The actual tweet is not worded that way, as it suggests Ollie is the one interested (and references his message, so it's not old intel).

Reaction Score

I honestly think that his definition of the ultimate job is head coach at Uconn. Just my personal opinion. I know its sounds nuts but I dont think money is the driving factor for everyone. I've cetainly taken jobs that pay less because I liked it more and because it benefited my family more. All that said I dont know KO personally like that, so maybe coaching KD and Westbrook and being an NBA coach is the big job for him and the big money is too much to turn down. I just cant see it though based on what i've seen from Kevin Ollie since he has been the head coach at Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom