Kinda OT: OKC fires Brooks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: OKC fires Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have any of these reporters mentioned that KO has a $5M buyout? I didn't read Zags article because I don't want to give him the clicks, but I don't see any of them mentioning it in their tweets. That's a pretty ridiculous hurdle to pay for a coach not named Popovich, and its a team that is known for being cheap.
No, that would involve some research and facts.

Reaction Score
Have any of these reporters mentioned that KO has a $5M buyout? I didn't read Zags article because I don't want to give him the clicks, but I don't see any of them mentioning it in their tweets. That's a pretty ridiculous hurdle to pay for a coach not named Popovich, and its a team that is known for being cheap.
What if it secures Durant long term? The buyout usually isn't mentioned and it is a hurdle.

Reaction Score
Agreed just when Ollie is trying to build a team for next season this drama happens. Damn you twitter and your rumors!

Reaction Score
Where is Fishy-- he talked me off the ledge last week. I need some reassurance. The public statement and Shonn Miller signing helps, but not enough

Reaction Score
Nobody, and it's not only KO's buyout. It's that, plus now they have to pay the last year of Brooks' salary ($4.5M), and then whatever KO's salary is.

Reaction Score
Ugh even with KO's statement earlier today this drama will probably carry over for a few weeks. Surely can't help with recruits and transfers. Not a good timing for this BS!
I think he stays but maybe he gets a raise! lol

Reaction Score
Here I was thinking this was going to be quick and easy and it would be Billy D all the way.......

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Was Malone hired in GS to coach offense or defense? Getting confused because I remember him drawing up plays in the huddle with Mark Jackson, I might be off on this tho, I seem to recall you mentioning living out there and following the Warriors alot more closely.
Yeah, I live out in Berkeley. Malone is regarded as a great defensive thinker first and foremost, and a lot of the friction between him and Jackson revolved around Malone getting too much credit (by Jackson's reckoning) for GSW's defensive improvement.

And then look at the first 20ish games for SacTo this year - when Malone was coaching and Cousins was healthy. They were damn near elite. Then Cousins got sick and Malone got fired, and they fell off a cliff on that end of the court.

Malone would be the perfect coach for Orlando, given their defensive struggles & potential. But they're a stupid franchise, so as far as I know they're not even considering him.

Reaction Score
I think he stays but maybe he gets a raise! lol
I hope so he is worth $5M a year year. He did will an NCAA championship. UCONN can't sink to irrelevance this fast!!! Come on Warde and Herbst pay the man mo money!!!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Money talks. But KO knows that him leaving would seriously jeopardize the future of UConn basketball. The only person who I would be comfortable with taking over head coach if KO leaves is Jim Calhoun. Anyone else and the program takes a HUGE hit.

Reaction Score
Say KO does leave. Hope he doesn't. Don't think he will but lets say he does. Calhoun would coach again, right? About a year and a half ago, he made it clear he'd consider coaching again in the right situation. I would think he'd want to take over again until he can find a new successor.

Reaction Score
Say KO does leave. Hope he doesn't. Don't think he will but lets say he does. Calhoun would coach again, right? About a year and a half ago, he made it clear he'd consider coaching again in the right situation. I would think he'd want to take over again until he can find a new successor.
I would think there is a good chance this would be our only back-up plan and this junction of the off season. Hopefully it doesn't come to this but it has to be considered by Herbst and Warde to keep us relevant until we find a viable replacement.

Reaction Score

It's a nice thought but at his age we would be in the position of finding another successor. Maybe Danny Hurley?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ok I guess it is time to get off the BY as all this is just speculation and doom and gloom about UCONN basketball right now!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
In KO's earlier statement, he did say: he had no intention of "pursuing" an NBA position..... But that doesn't necessarily mean he would turn away suitors who happen to pursue to him.
It seemed like his statement was worded very carefuly, damn.....hope nothing comes of all this, would be no bueno

Reaction Score
In KO's earlier statement, he did say: he had no intention of "pursuing" an NBA position..... But that doesn't necessarily mean he would turn away suitors who happen to pursue to him.
It seemed like his statement was worded very carefuly, damn.....hope nothing comes of all this, would be no bueno

I'm not playing these semantic games. Negotiating with the Thunder is pursuit. If Ollie weasel worded that statement that carefully, then we've all been conned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom