KIM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Where is the sarcasm?

"I am going to say this and take it the right way guys, the so-called experts are talking about 'it can't be done at Baylor.' I listened for a month about the so-called experts saying Robert Griffin can't win the Heisman. He won it. We've got the Heisman Trophy winner at Baylor, we have the player of the year in women's basketball at Baylor, we have two top draft picks on the men's team at Baylor, we have the best pitcher in the country in softball at Baylor. Every NCAA tournament across the board at Baylor. This is not the Baylor of old, this is a commitment by the administration to go hire the best coaches to bring a team or teams to that university to compete and compete at the highest level. I really wish that the little digs, the little things that were said stop. Stop it. It is unnecessary. We have a good thing going at Baylor and that's the truth."

Mulkey wasn't called out on her premature crowning of Griner as the national player of the year but was asked if she really felt that Baylor was being disrespected.

"You didn't hear them?" Mulkey said. "I don't have to call out names. '[Robert Griffin] can't win [the Heisman] at Baylor, know your place at Baylor.' I am getting tired of it. What else do we have to do? We have to do it on a consistent basis and that is our job as coaches to do that now. Baylor is a little more than an insignificant part of the Big 12 and the national scene."

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago, Kim stated that Texas A&M may quietly be the second best team in the country. No one expected them to get blown out by Huskies, especially her own team. Now she is building her teams ego back up. A lot of mind games going on here.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One problem with Kim's logic people had to recognize and vote for Robert Griffin III for him to win the Heisman. It is not an award won automatically for the best statistical season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kim can get as mad as she wants, but the bottom line is that Baylor doesn't carry TV markets and is fortunate to be in a major conference. I'll give her all the credit in the world for building up her WBB program, but that's the reality of things.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Kim is just using the media to motivate her team. Geno does the same thing. How do you keep a team motivated that has the most dominate player in WCBB? You tell them people are disrespecting them. Keeps a chip on their shoulder.

I like Kim and think she's done a great job at Baylor. If you haven't been to Waco...well...let's just say my favorite part about it is when I go through it I'm halfway to Austin. There was a ban on dancing at Baylor until 1996. So she's done a really good job recruiting and keeping her program at the top.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, Waco sucks, and the hardcore Southern Baptist element could be a turnoff for some, but you should see Storrs. Waco is boring as all get out, but there is literally nothing in Storrs. There is only figuratively nothing in Waco. Big difference. :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, Waco sucks, and the hardcore Southern Baptist element could be a turnoff for some, but you should see Storrs. Waco is boring as all get out, but there is literally nothing in Storrs. There is only figuratively nothing in Waco. Big difference. :)
But there's Cathy Johns and the Dairy Bar!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's called Snorrs for a reason!! BTW, didn't Kathy John's go out of business? i was there maybe 3 years ago at UCONN and i thought it was closed down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom