KIM | The Boneyard

KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does Kim keep reminding us how good Baylor is? In today's Courant she stated that everyone plays their top game against them because they are #1. She made a similar comment on TV last week.
In Jim Fuller's column she reminded everyone that Baylor has the country's best football player, the top player in Women's Basketball, the country's best softball pitcher, and 2 top recruits in Men's Basketball.
I always remember Geno stating that he only looks at the rankings at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
NO chance, UCONN lets its game do the talking...Kim will learn that this Sunday...........

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does Kim keep reminding us how good Baylor is? In today's Courant she stated that everyone plays their top game against them because they are #1. She made a similar comment on TV last week.
In Jim Fuller's column she reminded everyone that Baylor has the country's best football player, the top player in Women's Basketball, the country's best softball pitcher, and 2 top recruits in Men's Basketball.
I always remember Geno stating that he only looks at the rankings at the end of the year.

I don't have any problem with Kim talking up the program's successes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't have any problem with Kim talking up the program's successes.

If anyone remembers, Kim took some heat after the 2005 championship, when she said it was the first of many, which she later said was meant as stating that it was the first of many for Baylor university as a whole, not the women's program.

She DOES like to promote Baylor whenever possible. She takes great pride in her part of turning the athletic department around and bringing it to nation prominence.

Reaction Score
If anyone remembers, Kim took some heat after the 2005 championship, when she said it was the first of many, which she later said was meant as stating that it was the first of many for Baylor university as a whole, not the women's program.

She DOES like to promote Baylor whenever possible. She takes great pride in her part of turning the athletic department around and bringing it to nation prominence.

The men's program had to be completely rebuilt.

Reaction Score
Ok, the last time I took French was 36 years ago, but shouldn't that be "moi non plus?" (neither do I) Does anyone know?

I actually had to attend summer school for French 1, so you are probably right. I did not remember "neither do I" , but certainly remembered "me also." My favorite expression - Je ne sais pas (I do not know).

Reaction Score
I actually had to attend summer school for French 1, so you are probably right. I did not remember "neither do I" , but certainly remembered "me also." My favorite expression - Je ne sais pas (I do not know).

Bonjour Guy.
Bonjour. Comment allez-vous?
Je suis tres bein, merci. Et vous?
Ca va.

The very first lesson in French 1. Yes, I still remember it after 34 years.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Uggh... I get campus unity, but did she really need to tout the accomplishments of Scott Drew?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bonjour Guy.
Ca va.

Yep, the only thing I remember from "conversational" French.

Reaction Score
It's hard to blame her for being a bit of a cheerleader. In fact, I'm anything but a Mulkey fan, and like that about her.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Sherri doing the same thing when she had Courtney Paris...

Reaction Score
Bonjour Guy.
Ca va.

Exactly. My first lesson was 45 years ago and it might be all I remember. Our French teacher would enter the classrom and:
Bonjour Mes Amis
Bonjour Madame Southard
Comment allez-vous?
Je vais tres bien, merci. Et-vous.
J'ai un gros rhume.
Oh, pas mal, Madame.

My French teacher was a good person, and a good teacher who tried very hard to encourage me. I went in with an attitude of desiring to be able to understand and converse acceptably without really learning the language. And French, as you well know, has a lot of tenses, and a strict masculine/feminine delineation that I wanted to do without back then.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just for newbies: Leading up to that final championship, her coach, Geno Auriemma, would declare his likelihood of winning with the claim, "We have Diana, and you don't."

That was classic and couldn't have been more true. Probably the greatest competitor in the history of the women's game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There was a lot of talk from all UConn coaches about the men's championship, women's Final Four and football team's BCS bowl this past year. Big recruiting tool for the university and it was used liberally. There's also a poster on either the men's or football board with a Calhoun quote in his signature about the men, women and football team one day all having championships in their respective sports in the same year.

I have no problem with KM's quote. In this day and age of "the heck with you, I'm in this for myself" attitudes, it's nice to see some loyalty.

Reaction Score
I agree. Geno would never say something like, "We have Griner and you don't.":)
:p With all due respect to Geno "diana....," the players <praising particular players mmmm lol the list is long.......................................................................................................................... Maya.baby jesus<stated to make a point> is fine. The way,tone,attitude,humor.wit,making a point, and many more ways of expressing praise and attention for a player of any and all of the sports<for that matter non sports> seems to me to be just fine! Of course like anything a coach<OR FAN CAN GO OVER THE TOP>:p
Coaches as well as all of us are going to be asked or end up expressing prasie and support for a player,players, teams. Geno gets asked endless times re: players,comparison of teams,championships,etal that he,being who he is>has an endless supply of retorts. I have no problem with Kim's comments which are expressed for a # of reasons! This includes praising a player,giving them some added attention<example it has been discussed on this board who is the best college player,inferrring who should win awards.EDD,THE BIG O,Skylar, Grinar! I would want to make sure my players name is brought! In fact schools have ways of promoting the players!
Garry Blair said he spent last summer promoting the chanpionship! We have a diferent situation with the ungoing success! There certainly is no other womens program that gets the well deserved publibicity that we get.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
People do understand sarcasm, right?
sarchasm-sarcasm-the-most-delicious-of-the-humors-demotivational-poster-1266401781.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom