Kilpatrick | The Boneyard

Kilpatrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy is a great player and has been for most of his career, he gets almost no publicity nationally.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This guy is a great player and has been for most of his career, he gets almost no publicity nationally.

He played great tonight and is having a great season. He suffers from being a fifth year senior and being 24 years old.

Holy crap, 1990 was 24 years ago?! Damn that must make some of you feel old.

Reaction Score
Why would he suffer from that? I wouldn't care if he's in his 40's, good is good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He was a good player in high school, visited UConn and wanted an offer, but he was dogged by some academic issues - if not for that, he would have entered school with a much higher profile.

He's a good player and a good (24-year old) kid.

Reaction Score
I remember him wanting that UConn offer, I'll be happy when he graduates.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why would he suffer from that? I wouldn't care if he's in his 40's, good is good.

He gets no publicity nationally because he's five years out of high school and Cincy hasn't been a national factor in any of those years.

He was far and away the best player on the court today and right now deserves the conference POY and national AA attention too.

But the media buzz is all about the freshmen and the new faces.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
He has a higher offensive usage rate than McDermott at Creighton. Kid is relied upon so heavily offensively and has produced in a big way this season.

Reaction Score
Not good for Bazz's AAC POY campaign that he fell to 0-3 vs Smith, Kilpatrick and Nic Moore.

Reaction Score
I would say Bazz is definitely out of it, Kilpatrick pretty much has that award locked up.

Reaction Score
kudos to him for working on his game and making improvements, prior to this year he was inefficient chucker imo but not anymore. when he came off those screens or got an open 3 in transition I immediately put my head down because I knew they were going in.

Reaction Score
kudos to him for working on his game and making improvements, prior to this year he was inefficient chucker imo but not anymore. when he came off those screens or got an open 3 in transition I immediately put my head down because I knew they were going in.

Every off-season he has worked on a weak spot in his game and improved it. His freshman year he couldn't defend to save his life, it was a strength his sophomore year. Sophomore year his biggest issue was that he never went to his left. Fixed that. Last year it was ball handling and shot selection. Both of those are greatly improved.

He is one of the hardest working players to have ever put on a Cincinnati jersey, which is saying a ton with some of the guys who have played at UC.

Reaction Score
He seems like a good kid too, always in the middle of Rubles and Jackson when emotions run high in games………and he's improved in all aspects of his game throughout his career……….

Good for him. I guess being 24 helps no wonder it seems like he's been at Cincy for as along as Carl Krauser was at Pitt……….he can leave now!:eek:

Reaction Score
I was impressed, and even I didn't know he was that good. He's better than Smart, and many others getting the publicity.

I will say though that Bazz is his equal, just not last night.

Reaction Score
I was impressed, and even I didn't know he was that good. He's better than Smart, and many others getting the publicity.

I will say though that Bazz is his equal, just not last night.

Again he's thrown some stinkers up too so let's not go by one game. He's good but we simply saw his best last night……….it was good but if he didn't they were in huge trouble. Difference int e 2 teams was our guy threw a stinker up, theirs was his best period and we had a shot to tie with 5 seconds left……minus our 2nd best scorer……kind of like our chances at home!

Reaction Score
Bazz was double and triple teamed at the 3 point line all night, he has to recognize when that happens and let someone else take the shot. He missed 10 3's. has to play smarter.

Reaction Score
Kilpatrick stayed under control all night. Bazz had an off night and let some shots fly that he shouldn't have. Some have mentioned being tired or even ill. No matter, Kilpatrick was cool as a cucumber and rarely took an off shot or was in a bad position. Kudos to him. Bazz will be better if we meet again.

Reaction Score
Kilpatricks teams record will get him that award , bazz is actually statistically similar. Higher PER in conference games. He'll bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom