Kiki Rice’s (2022) Top 11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiki Rice’s (2022) Top 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I wrote a few weeks ago I expect Kara to make a full court press here. Actually surprised ND is missing from the list.
No SEC or BIG 12 schools either.
Maybe the absence of Princeton and the inclusion of UNC go together?
I wonder how Carla's recruiting is going though? I haven't really seen Princeton on any top 100 player's list.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Based on where some of her family attended school and their accomplishments, I would think Duke and Stanford would be the leaders of the schools she's listed. Hard to see her choosing Boston College or Yale, unless she doesn't have a goal of winning a Basketball National Championship. Academics are obviously important, but also looks like she also has some dreams to achieve somethings in Basketball as well, thus Maryland, Louisville and UConn on her list. I am surprised Notre Dame is not on the list. Can't be geography as Michigan is on her list.

And Kiki's parents are both CEOs who attended Yale.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There goes our decimal system. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As I wrote a few weeks ago I expect Kara to make a full court press here. Actually surprised ND is missing from the list.
When you have these many names on a list, its relatively meaningless. While one or two schools may be getting the majority of her interest, just as likely that none have her focus and more will enter in the future.

Reaction Score
I'm not fond of it but I can see that it has value in cutting down the life interruptions from schools no longer on the list.

I would expect most recruits to privately notify schools they are no longer being considered.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Being over a year out from early commitment window, a list of 10-12 is a reasonable winnowing down from what must be 25-50 schools recruiting her. And yes, the process of reducing the hoard of contacts is a very big reason for HS students posting a finalist or semi-finalist listing of schools.

Also, in a covid recruiting world where no one knows what college sports will look like in two weeks let alone two years, retaining a larger list of finalists makes a lot of sense. How individual schools and their conferences handle the coming months may change perceptions of those schools and conferences significantly. How they recover from the financial hits they will all experience may also change the landscape.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Former ambassador (and Stanford grad) Susan Rice is Kiki's aunt.
+1. Kiki has been on our radar since she was in middle school, and I've long thought her profile is a very good fit for Stanford, much like I had long thought about the other Kiki (Iriafen), who recently committed to Stanford. I would be very surprised if we don't at least make the short/final 5 list and not at all surprised if she ends up at the Farm. She, Lauren Betts, and Timea Gardiner are the three top 10 recruits that I think we are in serious contention for.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
+1. Kiki has been on our radar since she was in middle school, and I've long thought her profile is a very good fit for Stanford, much like I had long thought about the other Kiki (Iriafen), who recently committed to Stanford. I would be very surprised if we don't at least make the short/final 5 list and not at all surprised if she ends up at the Farm. She, Lauren Betts, and Timea Gardiner are the three top 10 recruits that I think we are in serious contention for.
Is Kiki good enough to play soccer on The Farm? She was the Gatorade POY in D.C.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of signs are pointing toward Stanford for Kiki. Her parents obviously value a certain level of education, her aunt's ties to Stanford, and she has been out a few times. In addition, pretty much all stanford players follow her (and vice versa) even Bogsana the new international recruit, and the only people she follows are Stanford commits and current players. So, there's just a lot pointing toward the farm for Kiki. Same for Betts. Of course until they both announce, anything could happen!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Is Kiki good enough to play soccer on The Farm? She was the Gatorade POY in D.C.
Given our past players she should fit in just great!:

Marta Sniezek named D.C. Gatorade girls’ soccer player of the year.

Rice joins recent Gatorade District of Columbia Girls Soccer Players of the Year Maliah Morris (2017-18 & 2016-17, St. John’s College High School), Kaili Gregory (2015-16, Woodrow Wilson High School), Marta Sniezek (2014-15, National Cathedral School) and Maddie Kulik (2013- 14, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School) among the state’s list of former award winners.

Reaction Score
UConn still pursuing?
has she put out a new list of finalists?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She will go to Duke and so will Shay. Kara will start building
Kara has already starting building. She has made Duke a desired destination again.

Reaction Score
More than a year out from her senior year, 11 does not seem unreasonable at all to me.
I think things with covid really effected recruiting so 11 in this case seems okay. I feel like it would be hard to narrow things down when you can’t visit schools as you normally would or get a feel of the normal atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom