Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards
Today's choice was the BIGGEST "no-brainer" of the season. Aaliyah scored a new CAREER high. :cool: Question........How do you spell BADDASS? Answer=A-a-l-i-y-a-h. ;)

The scary thing about Aaliyah is she's coming back for her senior year next year. She's going to be even better next year.
I expect 3 things from her next season.....
1. To lead by example for the new freshmen coming in. Show them how to work hard in practice to prepare for the season.
2. Show the "newbies" how to carry themselves on and off the court with dignity and class...UConn style. Be a leader the rest of your teammates can look up to.
3. Dominate the opposition EVERY NIGHT!!! I'm talking double-double in every game next season. ;)

I fully expect Aaliyah to have a 1st team All-America season next year. Then, on her way out of the door next May, she hands the baton to Ayanna, and SHE picks up where Aaliyah left off. :D

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are monster games, then there’s Godzilla. Today Aaliyah was Godzilla with 28 pts on 13/15, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks.

BADASS!!!

I've been calling her Thor since her freshman year. She plays with dynamism and physicality.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was bigger, stronger faster better today. That’s pretty much the definition of badassery.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Azzi would love to be shooting with the same confidence as Aaliyah right now. Just money.
The most obvious signs a shooter is losing confidence is either not taking shots when they show or hesitating before letting it go or letting the fact that the ball is not going in affect the other parts of the game; she is showing none of those. Great body language and no hesitation.
She is just missing and she is doing exactly what she must do to knock the rust off; play hard and smart in all aspects of the game, take every good shot when they show and eventually you will shoot yourself out. She is a flat out player and she certainly appears to get that all she has to do is just play. I can almost guarantee that in her head she KNOWS the next one is going in.

Reaction Score
You do the comparison,
Aaliyah Edwards stats (full season so far, not just March 2023):
Screenshot (38).png

Aliyah Boston stats:
Screenshot (41).png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You do the comparison,
Aaliyah Edwards stats (full season so far, not just March 2023):
View attachment 85340
Aliyah Boston stats:
View attachment 85339
I think in order to be accurate in comparing these two great players, you have to take into consideration how many mpg each one plays. Aaliyah Edwards averages just over 33 mpg while Boston averages just under 26 mpg. That’s roughly a 27% difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom