Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And superb D on Czinano, likely the best the very talented Iowa post has encountered.
When Czinano gets the ball in the low blocks it's either a basket, a trip to the foul line or both. Aaliyah really battled all game to keep Czinano from catching the ball in the low blocks. Worth mentioning that in her limited PT, Ayanna also battled Czinano effectively in the low blocks.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with Aaliyah, her demeanor stayed the same the entire game even when an obvious charge had her being called for a foul.
I could be wrong but Iowa took their biggest lead when she was on the bench with an ice pack on her cheek. Tough and steady as a mule.
That reminds be of another tough player. ;)

Reaction Score
Time to do away with this award. Every game is a crapshoot. Edwards was a beast, four assists from a triple double. No question she was a monster today. But, Nika was two assists away from the school record, which of course is her own, and her defense against Clark was spectacular. Azzi was Azzi when the team needed points and lifted the team when they most needed it. Without her third quarter burst, the Huskies don’t win this one. You can’t underscore how important Caroline’s contributions were. Early on, Griffin was playing great. I hate the copout answer of, “team award,” but today is a prime example of this being a team award. So my answer is Nika. No wait, Aaliyah. No, Fudd. Caroline. Aubrey. I see many posters saying it has to be Aaliyah, but I don’t think it’s that cut and dry. One of the issues is, we’re just used to 25 point games from Azzi, and 10 assist games from Nika. Too many players contributed today.
Clearly Aaliyah with Caroline as runner up!

Reaction Score
It appears we have the real Caroline Ducharme back, and we can almost pencil in Edwards for a double-double, Muhl for 10+ assists, and Fudd for 20+ points. This is going to be a scary team once we get Juhasz back.

Reaction Score
Super heroes never take off the mask!

ap_5580ea8ef04e486ca5bc7ac4fac7192d copy.jpg

Reaction Score
Aaliyah all the way!! She has finally lived up to the expectations of the pundits. Congratulations Aaliyah!! Today you earned the Badass award in a spectacular display of Uconn basketball. I wish you many,many more Badass awards. GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Caroline, a solid runner up! It was the “old” Ducharme back in the fold. Great contribution!
There will always be games when our team leaders do not have their mojo working to begin the game. That was the case today. While Azzi and Lou when trying to find their car keys, Aubrey, Aaliyah and Caroline were keeping us in the game. Sometimes that's all Geno needs from a player is to give what they can when we need it. Sometimes what they give may not be for the entire game, but for only a quarter or two. But it's what is needed AT THAT TIME.

If you read my preseason posts, you'll recall that I ALWAYS comment that I like to wait until the 5th game of the season before I make any judgements on team or individual play. I need a reasonable sample size to make an intelligent and informed analysis. This was the 5th game of the season. UConn is still undefeated, a perfect 5-0 AFTER playing 3 top ranked teams. We've seen the good, the bad and the very good and the great of this team. This team played their best basketball thus far in the second half today. ;)

We ALL where on an emotional roller coaster for two hours today. When we hit that "dip" in the ride when we were down 11 points, THAT was scary. UConn could have folded like a tent at that point, and curl up in a fetal position but didn't. This team showed their resilience, guts, grit and determination to come all the way back on a 11-0 run to tie it at 52. They showed us and the world that if you want to beat UConn, you'd better bring your lunch and hard hat, cause you're in for a long day. :mad:

Normally I sit during the entire game on my recliner. Not today. Half the time I was standing, cheering and fist bumping the air. All of the questions we had over the summer (and there were a lot) have ALL been answered or addressed. Now we know WHAT we have and WHO we have. We've been tested. We passed. Many years ago, there was radio personality named Paul Harvey. He told stories of how things turned out the way they did. He always finished the story with........................."and now you know the rest of the story."

1669584181512.png

Today is a good day!!! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom