Kibitzer Memorial Badass award - UConn vs Arkansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass award - UConn vs Arkansas

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Da. Paige.
Paige will be Paige. Therefore, I was hoping for someone else to earn the BA designation.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Bueckers + badass award? Despite the crappy FT shooting I thought Williams had one of her best games ever. Drive to the hoop, make the basket and get the foul. She would be my +1 in todays game.

Reaction Score
Paige well deserves the award ....Paige and Jim Mora

FELov4EWYAgostA
I think We got a winner in Mora, he's smart enough to take a pic with Paige it's gotta be good for recruiting todays athlete who's very social media savvy and Paige is at the top of the list ..way to start recruiting coach

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Over the course of the next three seasons, for this honor to continue to have any meaning, we might need to consider renaming it "The Kibitzer Memorial Who Besides Paige (?) Badass Award!"
Maybe the Robin Award for best side kick?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The choice today was obvious. Anyone that had a moment‘s doubt, should turn in their BY membership card and step back into the shadows (the whistler). :eek:

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I rise to a point of order. I thought @Tonyc was designated to announce the Kibitzer Badass Awards. As it was with Kibitzer, we could then agree or put up our own candidate and explain the reasons for our nomination..

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The Arkansas Head coach. He made Uconn's storied defense look like it was a high school defense and how did they get so many rebounds ..SMH . They were aggressive and got our bigs in foul trouble he just wrote the blue print on competing against us and with better talent who knows. If not for Paige this would have been a different out come she learned from last year and stopped deferring when her team needs her as for the Arkansas couch he just jumped to the front of the line if and when Geno calls it a career
Paige counts. Of course without her it would be different Without Paige we would lose some games. If the Yankees didn’t have Babe Ruth they would’ve lost more games. Arkansas couldn’t stop her.

The biggest fix has to be our guards keeping other guards from penetrating. That leads to a lot of fouling by the bigs who then have to react to at least two possibilities, a smaller quicker player and post players who might receive a pass from the penetrating guard.

My biggest surprise was Azzi, mostly because she doesn’t seem to be as quick as I expected, although her release is quick. Maybe still not as mobile as she was pre injury.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was really hoping the BA could be someone other than Paige today. Nope. Paige took over the game with her career high, without a single 3-pt basket.
Her body control is off the charts. She makes it look too easy to change shooting angles.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When we get beat on dribble drive our bigs need to be underneath not out 10 ft. All the bigs need to do is intimidate the kid driving and the kid that gets beat let her go. If possible block the shot. Our interior and help defense needs to be better.

Reaction Score
BA Award = Paige
Honorable Mention = Evina (all around game); Christyn (good game, minus the free throws); Aaliyah (making her 3-point shot, despite foul trouble)
I completely agree about Evina. If you look at her stat line, she was just extremely efficient yesterday. It wasn't flashy but completely pivotal to this being an 18 point swing from last year's game.

So she is now 75% and 60% 3pt percentage in 2 games.... plus she can actually make free throws...

Reaction Score
When we get beat on dribble drive our bigs need to be underneath not out 10 ft. All the bigs need to do is intimidate the kid driving and the kid that gets beat let her go. If possible block the shot. Our interior and help defense needs to be better.
Or the guards can stop the ball around the elbow by staying in front of their man instead of constantly putting the bigs in the position to save the day... I really put most of the blame on the guards for yesterday's foul trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom