Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award goes to | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award goes to

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
The quantity of minutes played in three games took a toll on Paige. She looked fatigued in the second half. They won't play three in a row like that again until the Big East tourney but I think Geno and his staff need to explore ways to rest her more than he does.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The quantity of minutes played in three games took a toll on Paige. She looked fatigued in the second half. They won't play three in a row like that again until the Big East tourney but I think Geno and his staff need to explore ways to rest her more than he does.
Geno tried a couple times to give Paige a few minutes, but whenever he did, UConn's execution suffered.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Geno tried a couple times to give Paige a few minutes, but whenever he did, UConn's execution suffered.
Agreed. The problem is that she is that her breaks are for such a short period of time that the team has no chance to establish any rhythm without her. Evina or Nika can handle the point without her. I still don't get the 40 minutes against Arkansas. Maybe the fatigue in the second half gives the staff something to think about in the future.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Despite the hot shooting start of Paige and Evina I thought the MVP of the first quarter was Liv. Overall I thought she took a step forward today...hope to see more steps thruout the next games. She needs more help from Dorka/Aliyah!!/Aubrey down the road/CD...anybody! Cannot just wait for Ayanna and Ice.

Reaction Score
Hard to rest "Buckets" when she is our primary shooter and assist leader.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Since I believe that the "BadAss Award" goes to a UConn player or players, I say that this one is awarded to both LIV and Paige. Both were equally BA's in their game today.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@Tonyc

Badass, not bad ass. Bad asses are something else.

AC14088B-0891-4020-A525-8A04FAD30512.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
AB doesn't always play to her potential, but she did today.
Energized by being closer to her home? Wonder if she had a family contingent?

Reaction Score
I'll take the hate mail for this, but if there has to be a Badass Award even in a loss. :( It has to go to the SC team and staff.
They jumped out and UConn responded with a run that would have made most teams shrink and drop their shoulders. SC never quit and Dawn made some good substitutions and got her team playing defense.
I recognize where our team is at this point in time, as Geno said post game "they are the better team at this time." I see better results down the road, thus the BA not going to the opponent. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Energized by being closer to her home? Wonder if she had a family contingent?

I think it was a combo of the match-up and Dawn imploring her to be dominant.

Reaction Score
Paige
It seems inappropriate to give this award to a UCONN player. Even if they are the only candidates. We lost. We got bullied in the final quarter of the game. UCONN scored three points...Uconn made one shot...in the entire quarter. there is no badass.

Reaction Score
No offense to Pre-3 or Old Dude, or even to Liv who did play well; but did anyone else notice who tied Liv for most rebounds, all while making 33% of the team’s points and 39% of the assists.

Reaction Score
LIV had me out of my chair in the first quarter and afterward = True Grit!
Paige and E Westbrook are the steady elements of this team. I 'm waiting
for the full package to start to gel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom