Kia to Start over Saniya on Sunday | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kia to Start over Saniya on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewie started the first 8 games her freshmen year, then came off the bench until the NCAA tournament ( when she again started), she realized she had to work harder, so will Saniya. Another thing of having Kia in the game, Stewie isn't the one passing the ball inbound, its Kia. Saniya, and Kia looked good together running the offense, when Moriah went out.

Reaction Score
No I didn't make that remark, someone else did.

And I don't necessarily think that Chong is lost for the season….Is that unclear?

But I do think that the whole episode was not handled in the best manner.
And I do think that Chong's offensive woes tonight were directly related to her being scapegoated for the loss.

Yes still unclear to me. -- the coment you made

"I don't necessarily think that Chong is lost for the season."

This is still unclear. You either do or you don't. I guess at the end of the season you can't be wrong here with that comment. We can agree to disagree.

As for Chong's shooting woes- I won't agree or disagree. If you think so-- okay. I played at a much lower level and I never understood how some days I was on and so badly off on others. I can't totally figure out 20 year old players - I don't even know to this day why I could be so good one day and so bad another.

By the way- we're having a fun argument here- aren't we? This is Off-topic -please don't take my comments that I'm mad and if I seem like I'm being obnoxious etc - I don't mean to be. Recently, I had a poster named hoeerring or whatever say I was mad at another post he made. I still couldn't figure out why he said it then. And just recently another post- I had willy on the men's board tell me I should relax. I didn't think I was any more "uptight" than the general posters on the men's board but apparently my writing seems to suggest that. I'm not mad. I'm relaxed. I have peaceful thoughts. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Once again she was blamed for allowing 30 Stanford points,
The breakdown among guards of Stanford points allowed was Jefferson 17, Chong 16 and Nurse 12. If you add the points scored Chong was the only one in the plus column .

What about his teams complete disorganization on the final inbound pass.

To publicly distort facts and make a kid a scapegoat for a loss is wrong.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Once again she was blamed for allowing 30 Stanford points,
The breakdown among guards of Stanford points allowed was Jefferson 17, Chong 16 and Nurse 12. If you add the points scored Chong was the only one in the plus column .

What about his teams complete disorganization on the final inbound pass.

To publicly distort facts and make a kid a scapegoat for a loss is wrong.

I'm guessing Geno wasn't being literal with the 30 point comment. I also don't really think he was scapegoating Chong though I understand why supporters wouldn't be happy with his comment or lineup change. I'm guessing he realizes there were plenty of issues in the game, one of them being perimeter defense. He's not going to move KML to the bench or even Jefferson who struggled at times. He clearly likes Nurse who is a better defender. It's bad luck but not the end of the world for Chong. She can still play a fairly vital role if she can improve defensively.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
very OT: I was a fiend for keeping the pitch down…Once almost came to blows (really a nasty row) w Andre Previn at Caramoor
when he wanted the A higher. I said to him…you like? it's because we keep the pitch down.

very much a struggle when the pitch kept creeping up to A 444, even when I was in college. But sometimes you are dealing with instruments affected by humidity and so on. Back in the day....way before you and me, pitch was A438 - if you listen to any recording of music before (gonna guesson this) the later classical era played on original instruments and tried to play/sing along (as I sometimes do when I am trying to memorize), the difference in pitch made it impossible because the instruments were tuned so low. Actually, many of the composers music sounds much "better" in that lower tuning.

Some would think that this would not affect a singer, but you could not be more wrong. A singer practices a piece to "get it into their voice". Singing at a different key than the one that will eventually be performed can be disastrous, especially if the tessitura of the piece is at the top of the range....

I won't even go on about the changes made to the flute....

I could go on and on....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
very much a struggle when the pitch kept creeping up to A 444, even when I was in college. But sometimes you are dealing with instruments affected by humidity and so on. Back in the day....way before you and me, pitch was A438 - if you listen to any recording of music before (gonna guesson this) the later classical era played on original instruments and tried to play/sing along (as I sometimes do when I am trying to memorize), the difference in pitch made it impossible because the instruments were tuned so low. Actually, many of the composers music sounds much "better" in that lower tuning.

Some would think that this would not affect a singer, but you could not be more wrong. A singer practices a piece to "get it into their voice". Singing at a different key than the one that will eventually be performed can be disastrous, especially if the tessitura of the piece is at the top of the range....

I won't even go on about the changes made to the flute....

I could go on and on....

Should probably move this into a PM…getting pretty esoteric for the board…a topic I'm interested in

Reaction Score
Our guards were slapped silly running into picks in the Stanford game. This isn't rocket science. If your "man" sets a pick, you call it out. This was the major contributor to Stanford's high FG%, where we have always done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom