Kia to Start over Saniya on Sunday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kia to Start over Saniya on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
elzorrogris said:
But WE, part of his job is motivation, and motivation is just another name for mind games. When tournament time comes, he will have whoever is in the rotation then tuned to A above middle C both individually and collectively. Count on it. He is a past-master at the carrot and the stick.

Tuned to an A440 - not one frequency higher or lower

Reaction Score
Kia is an assertive player. Chong is not. They are both good players, but are works in progress. Clay in the master's hands.
Kia will get more finess and Chong will get more assertive. Both tools have their use. Better to have a good selection of tools than I have. I use a pair of vise grips for everything. Not recommended.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep hearing about he poor calls on Kia. How bout during the 5-6 minute mark in the first half. UConn is building a lead and Stewie blocks a shot and instead of UConn getting the ball Stewie gets a foul plus Stanford gets foul shots. Then Stewie gets a rebound and the Stanford player knocks it out of her hand giving Stanford more points and UConn none. I believe that was an 8 pt turnaround. We still had a chance to win the game. My thoughts are if we weren't called for blind man fouls we would've won as good as Stanford played. Just something to think about. I think our defense was off but being in foul trouble had a lot to do with it. When you your in foul trouble you cant foul so it affects your defense.

Reaction Score
A440, which has a frequency of 440 Hz, is the musical note A above middle C and serves as a general tuning standard for musical pitch.
I knew I'd learn something if I hung out long enough! :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
very OT: I was a fiend for keeping the pitch down…Once almost came to blows (really a nasty row) w Andre Previn at Caramoor
when he wanted the A higher. I said to him…you like? it's because we keep the pitch down.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
very OT: I was a fiend for keeping the pitch down…Once almost came to blows (really a nasty row) w Andre Previn at Caramoor
when he wanted the A higher. I said to him…you like? it's because we keep the pitch down.
A440, which has a frequency of 440 Hz, is the musical note A above middle C and serves as a general tuning standard for musical pitch.
I knew I'd learn something if I hung out long enough! :)
I love a beautiful pitch.
7087571515_0ff6c10878_z.jpg

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That last foul called on Kia was a terrible call.
Kia got called on perfect defense vs Lili Thompson, for her 4th, and I think it was her who got called for the charge when the defender was planted in the circle. KML got hammered on a block that she just made it out of the box and was parked b 4 she got hammered. 3 officials- these types of calls shouldn't be difficult.

Reaction Score
I really don't think it matters who starts. When you have as much talent as any top ranked team has it's who is hot and who is not that are in the game at any given time. Someone has to start but that doesn't mean that given game situations that a player coming off of the bench won't see as much or more playing time as the so-called starter. I would say it's early in the season and teams have to see different players playing together to build team chemistry and who should be on the floor in different game situations. Whether your 6th, 7th or 8th coming off of the bench you will see quality minutes.

Reaction Score
To blame Chong for all the defensive liabilities of the team is silly.

Ossining Pride and Geni-ista studied the game and came to different conclusions with regard Saniya's effectiveness on D.
As did Geno

I haven't…too painful, can only comment on what I know and what I can hypothesize.

Remember that only a few short weeks ago, coach praised Saniya to the heavens.
I have a feeling that we're dealing with mind games here; he knows she's mentally tougher than last year
that she's not going to go into a corner and sulk, that she's going to improve her D starting this week

Remember that it was Mo that was benched during the game.
And it was Saniya was not afraid to take the big shots; another problem Geno articulated.
And she doesn't turn the ball over.
o
Interesting conundrum for coach

I sure hope he's playing it right, that he can tear Chong down and build her back up.
i would sure hate for her to disappear into a shell after being so effective and making so much progress at least offensively.

He's also really challenging K
Be interesting to see how it all plays out; we'll know a lot more after Sunday
And remember Creighton is not a bad team, not bad at all.

I was thinking along those lines. Remember the "we don't have a post presence(/player)." But Charles was allowed to play rather then sit. From what people are saying here it seems that there have emerged a consensus that Chong that while others may have played

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Emirates Stadium, home of the Gunners. Watched the Man U game yesterday, my condolences.
Yes, I'm in mourning. :( Not a great season so far.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
We do pay an awful lot of attention in here to who starts.
A byproduct of this change may be SC becoming that offensive spark off of the bench that has been the hallmark of many UConn teams past: Nykesha, Shea, early DT, etc. That has been a very valuable role in the past and could be a great slot for SC if she can come in at some point between the 1st and 2nd media time outs and bring those points off the bench.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Starts, shmarts.
The important thing is that Saniya has been publicly humiliated (after she scored 20 points).
How she responds is the key.
If you ask me (don't have to), it should…(how about might)…have been handled differently.

Reaction Score
Starts, shmarts.
The important thing is that Saniya has been publicly humiliated (after she scored 20 points).
How she responds is the key.
If you ask me (don't have to), it should…(how about might)…have been handled differently.[/QUOTE

Couldnt agree more!
As far as someone claiming that Chong gave up 30 points to Stanford..it was JEFFERSON 17, Chong 16 and Nurse 12. if you look at what each player scored Chong was the only guard in the positive. hey...can't blame anyone after all the commentator on ESPN couldn't help herself from bashing Chong on defense while propping up Nurse as if she was her daughter. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more!
As far as someone claiming Chong gave up 30 points to Stanford...it was Jefferson 17,Chong 16 and Nurse 12. If you look at what each player scored Chong was the only guard in the positive. hey can't blame anyone after all the commentator on ESPN couldn't help herself from bashing Chong on defense while propping up Nurse as if she was her daughter. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
That last foul called on Kia was a terrible call.
The charge call as Doris pointed out the defenders feet were inside the circle, and has to be called a block, completely missed by the ref.

Reaction Score
Chappette, thanks for the correction. You are correct on both accounts, yes that was a rant, I need to vent about Gino, Luigi, whatever, somewhere and yes I misspelled GENO but not on purpose.
I use Gino because it is a shortened form of Luigino not Luigeno. I guess Geno is still thought of as Little Louis by his family. In my family we were all Luigi I guess we are all thought of as adults, LOL!!
Just kidding about the adult thing, I will try to remember to use Geno from now on, I guess after 9 NCAA chips he has earned the right to spell his nick name anyway he wants.
Like I said, I needed to rant somewhere, just hate it when coaches play mind games with kids at any level.

What mind games are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Regarding Morgan Tuck, I am clearly missing something. Don't get me wring. I've been a fan since she got to UConn. But I;ve been generally disappointed with what I saw in the two games so far. Sometimes she was just what you'd want. Other times, hands of stone and an inability to follow up on chippies. I hope she's as good as Geno is saying, but I guess I'm just a hopeful skeptic right now.

This is her soph year and she missd a year of basketball. Missing a year imo is huge. She'll be fine. It's unfortunate we're in the lousy AAC as well. In the NCAA tourney she may struggle also. She's just a soph for intents and purposes.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'd say "publicly challenged" as opposed to humiliated.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
And this statement was based on what?

Just my opinion Kib, the play that mainly stands out is where Orrange attacked the basket from her right hand side going to her left, which was no surprise and Chong just opened up and let her go even though she was on the left side and could have stood for a charge or kept her on her right side.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So who starts for KML, Saniya or Morgan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom