Kia Nurse? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse?

Reaction Score
Sharing all the thinking that maybe, just maybe, the coaches, trainer, and player actually know more than we do, even though many of us do sleep in Holiday Inn Express.

But just to say that, practically speaking and in all likelihood (note the qualifier!), Kia isn't needed until the elite 8 of the NCAAs. In the meantime, it's an opportunity to bring Molly along. Of all the injuries we could have feared going into the greatly depleted season, so far as we can tell from the last game, (qualifier, qualifier, qualifier!!!), given where UConn is in the season right now and Saniya's improvement, this is one of those that we would have certainly settled for.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder why this post is necessary. The coaches will have had almost three years to correct this problem and at least one ref would have called it by now. In other news, I watched the USC replay and this kid was hobbling almost from the moment she entered the game and her struggle was evident. She had to play, though, and she gave it a solid effort, reentering late in the game to nail a three to help seal it. Now she's paying the price, and likely the loss of her part in a continuing win streak as well as a result
Is any post necessary? I was not knocking Kia. I was just making an observation and wondered if anyone else noticed it, just as someone commented on Saniya's head fake. Did you question that one?. I know that Kia is tough and will be very important going into the conference and NCAA tournaments.

Reaction Score
Don't think it's 100 consecutive starts on account of the two seniors nights. I think the bigger thing on Kia's mind is that she has played in all 100 games of the winning streak. Wouldn't be surprised if Geno puts her in for a few minutes of garbage time near the end of the next couple of games so she can keep that going. I could get behind that, though not anything much more ambitious. Rest up and take care of that ankle, Kia.

I believe that UConn has won every game Kia started. Don't think garbage time will count. More logical to start her for a few minutes, then pull her. Most logical: don't play her at all . . .

Reaction Score
Seems to me Molly will have to play at least 10 minutes to give the two guards a rest. She certainly will have an opportunity to show what she can do tonight.

As long as fouls are not a problem, I think that Dangerfield is going to pick up the majority of Nurse's minutes with Bent getting some late garbage minutes.

Reaction Score
Is any post necessary? I was not knocking Kia. I was just making an observation and wondered if anyone else noticed it, just as someone commented on Saniya's head fake. Did you question that one?. I know that Kia is tough and will be very important going into the conference and NCAA tournaments.
+1
Kia sometimes enjoys taking a "Euro step". Works in international play. Actually, I haven't seen it nearly as much this year, at least on drives from half-court sets. I haven't been looking so much on her break-away lay-ups, however, so I'm not disputing....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's in street clothes wearing a boot and looking pretty miserable.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
About Kia. Go back and look at some of the games in which she has a breakaway layup. She sometimes takes as many as four or five steps just before she lays it up. Look at the DePaul game in the first quarter. She took five steps and nothing was called. She takes more than two steps quite often.
Sometimes looks like Chong does as well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... we obviously didn't need to Kia to kick Tulane's butt!!! :rolleyes::eek::)

Teams are delicate things and Kia may not be putting up killer numbers in the stats, but she sure is an important part of this team! Leadership, toughness, and the ability to go off occasionally when others are struggling. And a stone cold defender.

Glad she is sitting out so that the ankle full heals, and I suspect everyone plays better in the next game, but I also hope she gets back on the court really, really soon!:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom