Kia Nurse? | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened and how she is doing? She's one tough cookie gutting it out last game against SC.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened and how she is doing? She's one tough cookie gutting it out last game against SC.
Once she left she should have been done for the night. Dumb putting her back out there when Crystal Dangerfield and Saniya were playing great. Bria's ankle injury serves as a cautionary tale about how delicate these ankle injuries can be.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Ankles get weak when they keep getting sprained repeatedly - if she doesn't rest it and heal fully it will just be more prone to moderate and serious sprains. It's a slippery slope.

Reaction Score
Adamec reports she is a "gametime decision" Hope they keep her out!
Can't imagine why she would be needed for at least the next 2 games. Bench her, and let her heal and be 100% for tournament time.
I agree, but I don't think it will be an easy task for Geno to convince her not to start after 100 consecutive starts.

Reaction Score
Don't think it's 100 consecutive starts on account of the two seniors nights. I think the bigger thing on Kia's mind is that she has played in all 100 games of the winning streak. Wouldn't be surprised if Geno puts her in for a few minutes of garbage time near the end of the next couple of games so she can keep that going. I could get behind that, though not anything much more ambitious. Rest up and take care of that ankle, Kia.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree, but I don't think it will be an easy task for Geno to convince her not to start after 100 consecutive starts.

Thanks Java for the 100 starts nugget. I thought she had started every game, but I wasn't sure. I couldn't remember her sitting out any games due to injury, or being in Geno's dog house (Casa de bow-wow) as Kara Wolters referred to it.

If this is that important to her and Geno, and they wish o keep the streak alive, he can start her, then sub for her at the first time out, and let Crystal and Molly play her spot the rest of the game, giving them the extra floor time they need. This can be done for the rest of the regular season (10 days), or until her ankle heals enough to allow her to resume playing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't th
ink it's 100 consecutive starts on account of the two seniors nights. I think the bigger thing on Kia's mind is that she has played in all 100 games. Wouldn't be surprised if Geno puts her in for a few minutes of garbage time near the end of the next couple of games so she can keep that streak going. I could get behind that, though not anything much more ambitious. Rest up and take care of that ankle, Kia.

I hear you. Although for a program that does not pride itself on streaks/numbers but rather NCs, I think putting her in just to keep the streak going and jeopardizing the latter (NC) would be surprising.

Reaction Score
I decline to even presume to "advise" Geno and his staff on whether or not to play Kia for these upcoming games. They'll make the right call, I'm sure. But the very tenor of the discussion we're having here is a testament to the kind of "tough-as-nails" player we all know her to be, and her likely negative reaction to being held out. One need not look very far around the landscape of WCBB to understand the importance of such a player to any team's success. As Margo so eloquently frames it, Tennessee looks like it could use a bit of that kind of grit!

Reaction Score
I hear you. Although for a program that does not pride itself on streaks/numbers but rather NCs, I think putting her in just to keep the streak going and jeopardizing the latter (NC) would be surprising.

Good point, it would probably depend on the extent of the injury, something we probably won't get any real info on. If it's quite minor, such that she wants to play, I'd make her stay out for a couple of games except for a few minutes so she can "test" the ankle. :p

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kia is certainly tough as nails and would certainly play hurt if the team needed her, but I believe the success of the team is far more important to Kia than her own personal streak of having played in 100 straight wins.

If Kia resting her ankle will get her healthy, and make UConn a more formidable team in the NCAA tournament, I don't think Kia would hesitate for a minute to sit out a few games/practices, particularly when Saniya & Danger are playing well together.

Reaction Score
Once she left she should have been done for the night. Dumb putting her back out there when Crystal Dangerfield and Saniya were playing great. Bria's ankle injury serves as a cautionary tale about how delicate these ankle injuries can be.

When KLS picked you her 4th foul, who was Geno going to put in for her?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

I have emailed this to Geno and his staff. Your wisdom needs to be pointed out to them.

Reaction Score
I have emailed this to Geno and his staff. Your wisdom needs to be pointed out to them.

This is why Geno knows things that are said here. Not because he's lurking, but because people take it upon themselves to contact him directly.

Reaction Score
This is why Geno knows things that are said here. Not because he's lurking, but because people take it upon themselves to contact him directly.
Yes and he has said the fans are crazy have no clue about what goes on with the team behind the scene.

Reaction Score
Her reaction says it all.....

Check out Kia at 2:40. Her demeanor changed dramatically when a reporter asked her about getting back into the game with an injury, and she downright shuts him down when he inquires about the extent of it. Kind of felt bad for the reporter but her disappointment is obvious. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in tomorrow's game at some point, even if only briefly.

UConn Women's Basketball Postgame (Players) - South Carolina

Reaction Score
I thought he had said that while he doesn't look at message boards and social media his assistants do?

Reaction Score
Her reaction says it all.....

Check out Kia at 2:40. Her demeanor changed dramatically when a reporter asked her about getting back into the game with an injury, and she downright shuts him down when he inquires about the extent of it. Kind of felt bad for the reporter but her disappointment is obvious. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in tomorrow's game at some point, even if only briefly.

UConn Women's Basketball Postgame (Players) - South Carolina

I loved her response to that reporter, but I didnt think her demeanor changed. She simply and firmly and politely said she wouldnt comment on any injury ever, so there was no need to ask the question. Once again, her poise shone through.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You do know this was irony, right?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
He's often talked about all the e-mails he gets from fans.

I was using humor to make a point. Last time I do that.

I give up. Or, as my grandson sings, "Shutup and Dance".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom