Kia Nurse WBCA NDPOY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse WBCA NDPOY

Reaction Score
Great news for 2 reasons.
1. She is recognized nationally for her ability to play defense, the BEST in the country!!!
2. I'm assuming that being recognized as NDPOY means she is automatically included in the 10 member group of AA, and thus becomes eligible for admittance into the prestigious "Huskies of Honor", and have her #11 jersey mounted on the wall in Gampel along with the other UConn greats that preceded her. Am I right or wrong in making this assumption? :eek:
I don't think it's automatic, even if it should be. We all hope so and are rooting for it, but regardless this is a tremendous award and one very well deserved.
Ironic how U Conn has had two consecutive DPOY and not the same person. Also have two first team AA and one is different. Shows the truly amazing talent, depth they have.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with this photo and what it represents. Then I had a thought..Kia is one BAD-ASS!!!! She's been a BA over the course of the entire year. A player that Geno could depend on to shut down an opposing team's best non-post player on defense, while exuding a calming effect to her teammates on offense. This is a much deserved award for Kia, a rare 4 year starter at UConn. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you're an opposing player, Kia Nurse is the last player you want guarding you. :cool:
Kia's been a BA since she first stepped on the court 4 years ago.

There's a saying I heard years ago. "I don't take any crap. I don't give a crap. I'm not in the crap business."

Kia sure doesn't take any crap and she sure isn't in the crap business. As Meatloaf crooned, "Two out of three ain't bad."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kia's been a BA since she first stepped on the court 4 years ago.

There's a saying I heard years ago. "I don't take any crap. I don't give a crap. I'm not in the crap business."

Kia sure doesn't take any crap and she sure isn't in the crap business. As Meatloaf crooned, "Two out of three ain't bad."

Well said RU!!! :):p:D

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
¡Enhorabuena Kia! Congrats to my favorite Husky. I hope she has a fine WNBA career, the returns to coach the team.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Kia on a well-deserved award achieved by some very hard work. We will need her defensive skill set tomorrow night. ND teams love to drive and draw the "and 1" call.
Great and well deserved award, nice picture too but all I can say is she had better come out with the bun tonmorrow.....

Reaction Score
Carl Adamec first time since 2013, Huskies didn’t get 3 AA’s on the WBCA team so there you have it. Gabby & Lou. No Kia, No Pheesa.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How can you not like a fella that toots his own horn! :)
e1396f2772e2f20264143a2a39d1b263326ec4069ffef4a1ab45b8b9e65fe8eb.jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's great news. I'll really miss her next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom