Kia Nurse WBCA NDPOY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse WBCA NDPOY

HGN

Reaction Score
Maybe not as well......hopefully someone will step up. Someone will fill there shoes next year. To what degree?, that remains to be seen.
Scoop , I like your optimism , but I don't know. I just don't see the size and feet you need in one player. Crystal has good feet but not the size and strength. Megan has the size and feet but not the desire at the moment. And no one else comes close for a great perimeter defender. At least not from my vantage point.

So I will try to be as optimistic as you. You do seemingly have the scoop on things sometimes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually there has been a team UCONN with 3 DPOY on the same team.
Moriah, Gabby, & Kiah.

There a couple times were there were two
Stefanie Dolson & Moriah
Gabby & Kia

If not for the presence of some 6'7" player from Texas who hogged this award three years in a row Kelly Faris would have been part of another two and 3 person UCONN team.
I knew I could count on you for the answer. But here’s a revision to my earlier question. Has there ever been another team with two different players who both received the NDPOY award while they were still playing together?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Actually there has been a team UCONN with 3 DPOY on the same team.
Moriah, Gabby, & Kiah.

Gabby and Kia were not NDPOY when Moriah was on the team. Technically Kia and Gabby are the only two to have receive the award and on the team. Moriah was NDPOY bit Gabby and Kia were NDPOY to be at the time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I knew I could count on you for the answer. But here’s a revision to my earlier question. Has there ever been another team with two different players who both received the NDPOY award while they were still playing together?
If by another team you mean besides UCONN, the answer is no. Keep in mind that this WBCA award has only been around since 2007.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gabby and Kia were not NDPOY when Moriah was on the team. Technically Kia and Gabby are the only two to have receive the award and on the team. Moriah was NDPOY bit Gabby and Kia were NDPOY to be at the time.
To be even more technical and split the hairs even finer (if you want).... The NDPOY is a regular season award so Gabby and Kia would not qualify either.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If by another team you mean besides UCONN, the answer is no. Keep in mind that this WBCA award has only been around since 2007.
Even UConn. My question is, has UConn ever had 2 players who both received the NDPOY while they were still playing together, as opposed to after one had already graduated?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
To be even more technical and split the hairs even finer (if you want).... The NDPOY is a regular season award so Gabby and Kia would not qualify either.

However the question was were they on the same team with no stipulation as to regular or post season. Gabby and Kia are indubitably on the same team having both received the NDPOY award.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
However the question was were they on the same team with no stipulation as to regular or post season. Gabby and Kia are indubitably on the same team having both received the NDPOY award.
Yup, for two whole games!

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sometime today. See below quote from this article: WBCA ANNOUNCES ALL-REGION NOMINEES FOR 2018 NCAA DIVISION I COACHES’ ALL-AMERICA

"The 2018 WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches’ All-America team will be announced Thursday, March 29, during the WBCA Convention in Columbus, Ohio."

Found the convention schedule. The WBCA All-American team announcement is at 5:30.

upload_2018-3-29_14-32-0.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes!
WBCA DPOY has never been excluded from WBCA AA team.
Kia on Huskies Wall of Honor!

As predicted by me.

The names of all who climbed on to Kia's bandwagon would fill a wall themselves @CocoHusky , but you were steadfast and I'm delighted, very, very delighted to dub you the fearless leader. This news is magnificent. Congrats Kia, so deserving.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to doubt your accuracy Coco, but are you absolutely certain that no NDPOY has ever been left off the WBCA 1st team?
We will find out soon enough. I sure hope she's an AA. She deserves it, but we UCONN fans are blessed to see her play every day. Her modest offensive numbers compared to others out there may tip the scale in their favor... Of course, not only is she the DPOY, but also one of the most elite 3-point shooters in the nation. She's on my AA team for sure!!

Reaction Score
You are correct! A kill joy and wet blanket but still correct.
Jennifer Rispert of Vandy won WBCA DPOY in 2009 and was not on the WBCA AA team.

Some BY'ers actually "liked" this post?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Some BY'ers actually "liked" this post?

Ha, it was me. See below.

Well, I don't care how many hairs get split or how many technicalities are cited, I'm just so happy for Kia, that every post on this thread gets like. :):):)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well that's one way of looking at it but I have some rose colored glasses on and to me we have had 2 NDPsOY for 2 seasons.
Gabby was the 2016-2017 NDPOY and Kia is the 2017-2018 NDPOY, so from 2016-2018 we have had 2 on the same team. :D
Those are obviously not rose colored glasses. They are clearly American flag blue. :eek:. Nothing wrong with having them, the real problem is that by never taking them off, things become skewed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom