Kia Nurse: early commitment reports; rankings debate | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse: early commitment reports; rankings debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Prospect Nation doesn't include Nurse in its rankings but does rate her as a 5-star prospect. Its 2014 ranking has only ten 5-star prospects.

Hmm ok. That's useful! Do you have a link?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Cat, are you getting at all nervous? I saw Wonkster and some guys soaking some rags in pitch and sharpening the tines on their pitchforks. Jus sayin.

Reaction Score
YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!!
So then, you're happy about that?

Reaction Score
What do you guys think , do you think she could think we already have too many incoming guards ? Or realize that she is a unique talent that is going to get plenty PT no matter who is on the roster?

If being able to play on the perimeter is that important to Wilson then she's not likely to be a player that ultimately chooses UConn. Being successful at UConn takes a player really wanting to be there, and for the right reasons. Yes the rewards are often great, but there is a cost to be paid that players have to be committed to. If that's what Wilson wants then she'll come. If not I wish her well, but I would rather her make that decision now than find out a year from now.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Hmm ok. That's useful! Do you have a link?
LINK
"Before you discount her success because the accomplishments were with the Canadian team and not in the USA, know that she’s competed on the club circuit in the states and has earned a five-star rating, comparing her with a rating similar to a top 15 American player." So a conservative estimate has her at 15, but this year she would be at least 11th (per UConnCat's links).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is a great 2014 Class coming in for UConn. But I have a concern that some of you may can clear up for me. I value you guys opinions , and that's my problem I know. But anyway, I was wondering how this latest signing could effect the possible signing of AW , since it is a guard heavy class.. There have been reports that she and her HS coach looks upon her as a guard. My hope is that she realizes that she will be allowed to 'swing' to all 5 positions , a la Stewie. Even though they both have front court size.

What do you guys think , do you think she could think we already have too many incoming guards ? Or realize that she is a unique talent that is going to get plenty PT no matter who is on the roster?
HGN - to answer your question - I think you hit it - think Stewie. Guard/wing skills in a tall frame and does not see herself or want to be seen as a post player. As far as being put off by a group of much smaller players - I just don't see it. Where ever she goes the team will have at least two other guards on the floor at all times and might have three - I don't see anyone playing her consistently with three other players 6'2" or taller.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
If Wilson watches Uconn play regularly, she'll see Dolson, Stewie and even Kiah on the perimeter. None of them are stuck under the basket, forced to do drop steps in perpetuity.

U

UCONNfan1

BTW I heard "some" other fans think this takes us out of the Durr sweepstakes. Hardly. Nurse is 6'0" tall. She's a guard/wing. Think Kelly Faris work ethic with more offense (anyone catch her 3-point form?!). I think if anything it would effect Samuelson more, but the reality is, there is plenty of PT at UCONN for kids who are incredibly hard workers, focused, and talented. By all accounts, Samuelson, Durr, and Wilson are those types of players.

As for Wilson, I think the fact that she's still interested after speaking with Geno indicates she's comfortable with his idea for her future. Clearly she's not, and does not want to be, a true 5. Her freshman year she wouldn't be, nor would she even be starting (Stokes and Stewart in the front court). Her sophomore year, it's possible UCONN would NOT have a true back to the basket type of 5 on their roster. Big deal. Stewie's not a 5 either. But she's a NPOY contender as a sophomore.

If I had to guess, I'd say if it were only about basketball, it would be UCONN in a cakewalk. But the pressure she's getting to "stay home" is coming from all corners and it's hard to say no to that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If Wilson watches Uconn play regularly, she'll see Dolson, Stewie and even Kiah on the perimeter. None of them are stuck under the basket, forced to do drop steps in perpetuity.

I think it is not only possible but highly likely that A'ja will watch UConn play regularly. Further, that she will take special note of how her friend and USA teammate Stewie plays on offense.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If being able to play on the perimeter is that important to Wilson then she's not likely to be a player that ultimately chooses UConn. Being successful at UConn takes a player really wanting to be there, and for the right reasons. Yes the rewards are often great, but there is a cost to be paid that players have to be committed to. If that's what Wilson wants then she'll come. If not I wish her well, but I would rather her make that decision now than find out a year from now.
Scotter I would say it slightly different. "If A'ja wants to only play on the perimeter..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!! YES!!! YES !! YES !!!
But what do you really think? :D

Reaction Score
I think KN has Olympic aspirations in a big way. Who better to prepare you for that level of competition than the past and present USA Olympic coach and a slew of uconn players with Olympic experience and success. Uconn has proven over and over that they will help you reach your greatest potential if you let them. Come and enjoy the ride Kia Nurse!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If its true, yay!

However, I can see why she would wait! Dont we play Penn State on Sunday?

Maybe she is waiting out of respect to the PSU staff??

At any rate I am sure Kia will make the right choice and have a great college career.

U

UCONNfan1

That "other" fan always looks for the dark cloud for Uconn in any situation.
I know. I was just tweaking them. My brother can't stand them either. But he hates them far more than I do.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
tumblr_ku2pvuJkJG1qz9qooo1_r1_400.gif

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ha. So you are happy if a Nurse comes to UConn. I'm shocked. ;)

It's always a good idea to have a nurse on board. If nothing else, nurses save lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom