Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 813 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
It will be hard for them to completely isolate the BE, which has won 8 of the past 25 championships. Or 9 if you count the one removed from Louisville.

Or not.

Nothing is sacred. They just euthanized the PAC 12. And Oregon and Washington took reduced shares to do it.

Reaction Score
St. John's and Syracuse but not UConn? Who's in charge of this?
Is it this Seth Berger?

OK these guys.

UConn is already committed to tournaments next year so they’re not eligible to be considered for this one as well.

Reaction Score
If college sports do not matter in the northeast I guess we can just move the Brooklyn and Boston parts NCAA tournament to a dumb strip mall in Floriduh.
The first and second round football games in Brooklyn and the sweet 16 and elite 8 football games in Boston are going to be amazing. I can't wait to watch Yale get a touchdown there over Princeton.

Reaction Score
The first and second round football games in Brooklyn and the sweet 16 and elite 8 football games in Boston are going to be amazing. I can't wait to watch Yale get a touchdown there over Princeton.

Right because nobody in the northeast cares about college sports because the northeast has never liked it. You make complete sense.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Yep, they're going to get rid of the best basketball brands.
Lmfao which one of the “best basketball brands” in the Big East is an absolute must have in any future P2? Half the league was in CUSA, Missouri Valley, and Horizon league as recently as 10 years ago. You are beyond delusional if you think Butler and Xavier are “must haves” at the end of all of this

Reaction Score
Right because nobody in the northeast cares about college sports because the northeast has never liked it. You make complete sense.
You're doing a Waylon act here, cool guy to emulate.

Reaction Score
Lmfao which one of the “best basketball brands” in the Big East is an absolute must have in any future P2? Half the league was in CUSA, Missouri Valley, and Horizon league as recently as 10 years ago. You are beyond delusional if you think Butler and Xavier are “must haves” at the end of all of this
They're not going to isolate/create something without UConn, Nova, Louisville, Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Baylor etc. I also don't believe the 2 power conferences will absorb all the basketball brands.

Reaction Score
UConn and Villanova are absolutely must haves for basketball

Reaction Score
Or not.

Nothing is sacred. They just euthanized the PAC 12. And Oregon and Washington took reduced shares to do it.
Yes, but Washington St and Oregon St haven't won anything in eternity.

USC and Oregon and Washington have. They couldn't make a move without those 3 teams.

Isn't it going to look a little funny if they isolate UConn?

It'll be absurd.

They could -- in theory -- kill off the BE by adding UConn, but they haven't done so.

Reaction Score
Are we really? If so, wouldn't we have been picked up?

I do think logically it makes sense to absorb some big east teams but it doesn't mean they'll do it. There is a chance they don't want the competition
If we aren’t “must haves” for basketball then no school is. Who has ever been picked for a power conference for basketball reasons? No one. Gonzaga was close, and so were we, in regards to the Big 12.

I agree that the Big East may be absorbed I just don’t see how (bias aside) UConn and Villanova aren’t “must haves” for basketball. If we aren’t then no school is - again we’re only talking basketball here.

EDIT: the alternative is a P2 basketball breakaway. I just don’t see it.

Reaction Score
Are we really? If so, wouldn't we have been picked up?

I do think logically it makes sense to absorb some big east teams but it doesn't mean they'll do it. There is a chance they don't want the competition
Must haves for basketball as in they won't create a tournament where they keep out all the basketball programs that win the national championships.

Reaction Score
Must haves for basketball as in they won't create a tournament where they keep out all the basketball programs that win the national championships.
I think they might be stupid enough to do it. I can very easily see them go to a pro style SEC vs B1G championship without adding anyone else. The networks will carry water for them and it'll be all talk about how that's the "real" championship and that everyone else still playing in the NCAA tournament is beneath them

Reaction Score
Yes, but Washington St and Oregon St haven't won anything in eternity.

USC and Oregon and Washington have. They couldn't make a move without those 3 teams.

Isn't it going to look a little funny if they isolate UConn?

It'll be absurd.

They could -- in theory -- kill off the BE by adding UConn, but they haven't done so.

And they got left out.

I can’t imagine them giving us special consideration. They will just hold the pillow over our face because they think Penn State should enjoy a better basketball future because they have a sort of bigtime football program.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
With Jay Wright retired the Big East is down to one school that qualifies and when some of the current ACC/B-12 members move up to the B1G/SEC, the Big East could easily lose that one school.

Reaction Score
It will be hard for them to completely isolate the BE, which has won 8 of the past 25 championships. Or 9 if you count the one removed from Louisville.
If they really cared about that metric they could add one team and claim 6 of the past 25 or 7 if you count the one removed from Louisville. The Big East won't be viewed as a sacred cow that must be kept whole.. if they think any parts add value they won't hesitate to slaughter it (again) to take the best pieces for themselves.

To this point.. they haven't found any value to be taken.

Reaction Score
With Jay Wright retired the Big East is down to one school that qualifies and when some of the current ACC/B-12 members move up to the B1G/SEC, the Big East could easily lose that one school.
I disagree with you. I love Jay Wright but they're not Jay Wright University. Neptune is awful but they're going to fire him and get the best coach out there. Nova is a basketball brand with major NIL.

Just how big do you think the Big 10 and SEC are going to get? Nova is out for you. Are they going to add Duke, Kansas, UConn, Baylor, Gonzaga, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Iowa State, Louisville, Syracuse, Houston, Georgia Tech etc. in addition to FSU, Clemson, UNC, Virginia?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Following UConn for a number of years may lead someone to believe that it's easy to find a coach that can win a national title but it really isn't all that easy.

NC State was a great brand with a long history coming off two consecutive head coaches that had won national titles yet hasn't been able to get back there in a little more than three decades.

Indiana was as big a name/brand as there was in college hoops. Davis ws able to take Knight's recruits to the title game year one and that program, after bringing in guys with impeccable track records more than once continue to fall.

Ohio St has been trying for six decades. UCLA (with a couple minor exceptions) for nearly three decades (and save that one Harrick year, five decades).

Look where Georgetown is today compared to the Hoya Paranoia years. Look at DePaul post Ray Meyer. Louisville has fallen off a cliff. Florida (albeit, with less history) has proven they cannot win it all without Donovan. just as Arizona has proven the same without Olsen.

Peronally I would not be willing to make a substantial wager on the likelyhood of Duke or UNC winning a national title with their current head coaches and I also would not be willing to wager even a small amount that Michigan St or Kentucky would win another with their current head coaches.

Your claim was that the BE has schools that win national titles. If Jay Wright was still on the sideline you would be correct. He isn't and again, the one BE school that does qualify may be in the B-12 or ACC in six, eight, ten years.

Reaction Score
I think they might be stupid enough to do it. I can very easily see them go to a pro style SEC vs B1G championship without adding anyone else. The networks will carry water for them and it'll be all talk about how that's the "real" championship and that everyone else still playing in the NCAA tournament is beneath them
The NCCA tournament will become the modern NIT. It happened to the NIT back in the day, relegated from top status to secondary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom