Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 648 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

GG

Reaction Score
It’s scary how much of a plague our football team is perceived as, and how little basketball matters.
It’s scary how much of a plague our football team is perceived as, and how little basketball
I thought Yormack wanted a coast to coast league? He doesn't ....

Would they go to 18? UConn & SDSU. Would make tons of sense. Unsure on TV.
He does, but the big 12 presidents don’t share (or u deter and) his vision. Wonder if they will end up regretting it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I’m wondering what this does to our football program. If we start losing recruits and coaches you have to wonder if we lower football and focus resources on men’s and women’s hoops.
P4 options are dwindling. If the national perception is we’ve given up on football might as well make it reality

I hate to over-react, but I think this may officially be the end of the UConn run at the elite level.

With the supposed iron-clad GOR in the ACC, I don't think we can survive 10 years being at such a sever disadvantage. I give it a year or two until Mora is plucked by a P4 school at this point.

But lets enjoy the next 5-10 year run for our basketball team until we are relegated to D1-AA and slowly become Holy Cross in 30 years time (along with the rest of the Big East teams).

We could give it a shot and continue to invest heavily for a few years hoping that the conference realignment wheels turn again in the next few years and we elevate our football program--but unfortunately, I don't think it will make a difference given the current landscape of minimal movement and likely reduced media dollars availbel to anyone outside of the B1G or SEC going forward..

....or we can just drink heavily!

Reaction Score
I thought Yormack wanted a coast to coast league? He doesn't and is missing major markets ....

Would they go to 18? UConn & SDSU. Would make tons of sense. Unsure on TV. Anyhow they're the minor leagues anyways.....without UConn
I think it's far more likely that they go to 18 with Oregon State and Wazzou. Cal and Stanford would likely go independent and easily survive because they're loaded with $$$.

Reaction Score
I hate to over-react, but I think this may officially be the end of the UConn run at the elite level.

With the supposed iron-clad GOR in the ACC, I don't think we can survive 10 years being at such a sever disadvantage. I give it a year or two until Mora is plucked by a P4 school at this point.

But lets enjoy the next 5-10 year run for our basketball team until we are relegated to D1-AA and slowly become Holy Cross in 30 years time (along with the rest of the Big East teams).

We could give it a shot and continue to invest heavily for a few years hoping that the conference realignment wheels turn again in the next few years and we elevate our football program--but unfortunately, I don't think it will make a difference given the current landscape of minimal movement and likely reduced media dollars availbel to anyone outside of the B1G or SEC going forward..

This isn’t an overreaction. We learned today we will never be invited to the big dance. A table with the P5 rejects is not a win.

Reaction Score
The football team is going to be pretty much playing for it’s life this season.

Jim got 6 wins last year with a banged up roster. I have a small bet he ups it to 10 this year at +2600 odds.
For us non-gamblers, is that 26 to 1 or 260 to 1?

Reaction Score
This was the absolute worst case scenario for us. I’m genuinely scared that our football program will shutter in 2-3 years.
this is what I was worried about for a few years. It's up to Mora now to prove the nation they are wrong.

Reaction Score
It's a moot point now, but I am going to try to get some answers. Not from the UConn side. It was very obvious to me that Mike Anthony did that yesterday when he put out his article - which should have been done way earlier (and there should have been a greater proactive push addressing the UConn football narrative; that shouldn't have to come from me when I am not a journalist).

But I am going to persisently try to get some insight from the Big 12 side. I'm tied of people using the UConn brand and getting away with it. Going to try to hold someone accountable here.

Reaction Score
guess we're never going to wash the stink off this program. one of the most succesful athletic departments in the country and we fail to change the narrative. we keep getting played over and over again. we are missing something.

Reaction Score

Only hope is some rich booster is willing to step up and get Mora market salary. He is under no pressure to win huge at UCONN, and he can coach as long as he wants. At other P4 schools, he will be under pressure from day 1. At his age, it might not be worth the stress.

If there are UCONN boosters we can fund his salary and the NIL that's required in this day and age, it is possible football can still survive and thrive since we can pretty much schedule to get wins as an indy.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So my scenario where the ACC wakes &$k up and becomes aggressive is still in play. They are at 15 now. Go to 18.
The problem is that the money is not there for the ACC to expand. ESPN isn't going to take pro-rata, and the current ACC schools sure as heck are not going to take a reduced per school payout to expand.

The time of network dollars driving expansion is over unfortunately. There will be expansion by the B1G and SEC when the ACC GOR expires. After that happens, there is more likely to be contraction than expansion.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The football team is going to be pretty much playing for it’s life this season.

Jim got 6 wins last year with a banged up roster. I have a small bet he ups it to 10 this year at +2600 odds.
From your lips to God's ears

Reaction Score
I see your point, but isn’t that what happened with the PAC? Fox and ESPN had no bid whatsoever, but now they are paying those schools good money through BIG 12 and the B1G.
The PAC didn’t have a GOR in place until 2036

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Tulane, Cal, SMU, USF and UConn will be in the same situation, Can we get a real FB conference together,

Reaction Score
This isn't over yet. I feel dirty saying go FSU but it is what it is. ESPN the daddy posted this.

Reaction Score
Can someone give a single possible scenario where our football department doesn’t crumble in the next few years?

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
This. The presidents/chancellors screwed Yormark. Unless we go to 18 with SDSU, he's not getting that "big NY moment". Utah and ASU agreed to 25 million for first 2 years. I apologize to you all. My information ended up being wrong.
Just stop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom