Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 558 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
It will be very hard though to get them to travel to B12 locales other than Orlando. This conference really is unappealing. Some places like Lawrence, Kansas could have appeal, but they're hard to get to from Hartford.

Ever been to Stillwater, OK? I have. It was hard to keep my jaw from dropping as I was driven through town. And I don't mean that in a good way. The coals joke that it got its name not because the water was still but because there was still some water over there.
Like any conference, some locales are not great for visitors. In the Big 12, I find Orlando, Boulder, Fort Worth, Provo, Houston as places I have been to and I would return to. Been to Cincinnati and West Virginia and I would consider going to games there. Been to Kansas City and I would consider going to a basketball game at Kansas. Baylor is relatively easy to get to from Dallas or Houston. Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas State are tough trips.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It will be very hard though to get them to travel to B12 locales other than Orlando. This conference really is unappealing. Some places like Lawrence, Kansas could have appeal, but they're hard to get to from Hartford.

Ever been to Stillwater, OK? I have. It was hard to keep my jaw from dropping as I was driven through town. And I don't mean that in a good way. The coals joke that it got its name not because the water was still but because there was still some water over there.

I think the UConn fans will enjoy building travel plans around games in Orlando, Denver, AZ, Provo, Dallas and Houston. Kansas and Cincy are not difficult per se. Stillwater, Morgantown, Lubbock, perhaps Ames would be the least attractive, although flying into Des Moines and driving 50 mins north is not hard.

Orlando, Denver, AZ, Dallas, Houston and Provo are pretty decent destinations.

Reaction Score
I fear the Big12 adds Arizona and stops until 2031 when the ACC GOR expires. At that point…

UVA, UNC, Washington, Oregon to Big10

Clemson, FSU, Miami, Ga Tech to SEC

Duke, Louisville, NC State, Va Tech to Big 12

Cuse, BC, Wake, Pitt join Big East and link up with OrSU, Wazzu, Utah, Cal, Stanford for football only league
Ten years is a long time to wait for "maybe this happens".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mora won't be here long term if we don't get into a P5 conference. If you read between the lines of his comments, it is readily apparent.
"If you read between the lines" equals I'm just making this up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LoL the fact that he was wrong every step of the way didn't sway you?

Or the fact that his goalposts changed every day based on that days Twitter?

How about when he was asked directly by someone if he was or knew an insider, he didn't answer?

Or when I challenged him with all this, he didn't deny it?

And now he says he leaving- just when the tea leaves look more complicated. But leaves himself an out to come back and claim I told you in case we get in.

You guys believed him because you wanted to believe him. In fact, he didn't come off this way at first, you guys kept hammering him and put him in that position, so he just went along with it best he could.

We may still come away with an invite, but it won't be from anything he knew

I'm pretty sure if you go back to like May/June he suggested Colorado and UConn.

Colorado is in and UConn is still TBD.

I get if you're on Twitter or social media and you spew rumors for engagement or whatever tf it's called, but what's there to gain here? The long con of 3 months posting for Boneyard likes? Lmfao.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If you ever find yourself in Provo, check out Slab Pizza. And then probably get the hatch chile pizza or something because comparing it straight up to New York/CT pizza probably isn't fair. Or go over to Orem and hit up Tucanos for a Brazilian grill.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if you go back to like May/June he suggested Colorado and UConn.

Colorado is in and UConn is still TBD.

I get if you're on Twitter or social media and you spew rumors for engagement or whatever tf it's called, but what's there to gain here? The long con of 3 months posting for Boneyard likes? Lmfao.
He’s changed his story from Colorado going first, then UConn. Now it’s the 16 teams, because that’s what the actual insiders are putting out there. Obvious fraud is obvious.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't get the trolling vibe at all. He could be wrong, but he's been posting here for months with a pretty even keeled demeanor.

Would be an exceedingly bizarre way for someone to waste their time.
Well, I guess it's only trolling if he eventually flips and starts talking about how great KU is, which, arguably he has done a little bit. He's never tipped his cards at all other than to say that "we're in". It's tough for me to find unsourced info from an unknown poster to be credible.

It might be "exceedingly bizarre" for fans of one team to troll another fan base, but it's pretty common on the Internet. Heck, @Deepster has made himself Public Enemy number one over on the Providence board.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The most frustrating aspect of all this is the national perception around UConn football.
It was abysmal from the time RE 1.0 left until the hire of Mora. No doubt about it.

But people don’t even realize the job Mora did in just 1 year to turn it around from legitimately a bottom 5 team in the country.

As Mora has stated countless times, and I’m sure Yormark is well aware of- the football facilities here are top notch. We’ve only just scratched the surface of UConn football in its limited history in D1. Have been a top 20 team before. Been to a BCS bowl.

The Patriots are not a dynasty anymore. The door is open for a good football team to take over the state of CT. It’s not like the Jets or Giants have been that exciting for a while now either.

I think UConn has the highest ceiling as a college football program in New England, and maybe even the state of New York, as well. Get us into a P5 and see what happens with 5 years of Mora. The fans are there ready for the taking. They will come as the wins come. Same deal happened with the basketball program post-Ollie.

Why didn’t anyone who voted Colorado into the Big 12 even blink an eye at their 1-11 football program? And Deion Sanders, as flashy as a hire as that is… how confident are we in his abilities to lead a P5 program coming off a 1-11 season? Is he a better football coach than Jim Mora? It’s not like their basketball program are world beaters either. But UConn football would set the conference back? I just don’t understand.

I’m a basketball guy primarily, but please enlighten me what I’m missing about the potential of UConn football and why even Colorado is more attractive to the Big 12 than UConn.

CL82

Reaction Score
The most frustrating aspect of all this is the national perception around UConn football.
It was abysmal from the time RE 1.0 left until the hire of Mora. No doubt about it.

But people don’t even realize the job Mora did in just 1 year to turn it around from legitimately a bottom 5 team in the country.

As Mora has stated countless times, and I’m sure Yormark is well aware of- the football facilities here are top notch. We’ve only just scratched the surface of UConn football in its limited history in D1. Have been a top 20 team before. Been to a BCS bowl.

The Patriots are not a dynasty anymore. The door is open for a good football team to take over the state of CT. It’s not like the Jets or Giants have been that exciting for a while now either.

I think UConn has the highest ceiling as a college football program in New England, and maybe even the state of New York, as well. Get us into a P5 and see what happens with 5 years of Mora. The fans are there ready for the taking. They will come as the wins come. Same deal happened with the basketball program post-Ollie.

Why didn’t anyone who voted Colorado into the Big 12 even blink an eye at their 1-11 football program? And Deion Sanders, as flashy as a hire as that is… how confident are we in his abilities to lead a P5 program coming off a 1-11 season? Is he a better football coach than Jim Mora? It’s not like their basketball program are world beaters either. But UConn football would set the conference back? I just don’t understand.

I’m a basketball guy primarily, but please enlighten me what I’m missing about the potential of UConn football and why even Colorado is more attractive to the Big 12 than UConn.
A decades worth of suck has left the stain. Likewise Edsal' courageous leadership in deciding to take 2020 off and @go golfing 1000 miles away" also left a stain.

It's all good, particularly if we get an invite to the big 12. The new narrative will be how Connecticut didn't give up on football, hired a good coach and continued to pursue a P5 conference affiliation. The vast majority of journalist are lazy and they will adopt any convenient narrative.

Reaction Score
LoL the fact that he was wrong every step of the way didn't sway you?

Or the fact that his goalposts changed every day based on that days Twitter?

How about when he was asked directly by someone if he was or knew an insider, he didn't answer?

Or when I challenged him with all this, he didn't deny it?

And now he says he leaving- just when the tea leaves look more complicated. But leaves himself an out to come back and claim I told you in case we get in.

You guys believed him because you wanted to believe him. In fact, he didn't come off this way at first, you guys kept hammering him and put him in that position, so he just went along with it best he could.

We may still come away with an invite, but it won't be from anything he knew

Is the guy on trial now for posting what he was told? If it turns out his info doesn't pan out that's one thing. As I've said before (aside from Colorado which should have been obvious to everyone who wasn't wrapped up in the hysteria) nobody knows nothing for sure. There are a few in the Big 12 who do and Dave Benedict, and they aren't talking. No reason to start bashing anyone who comes in here, compliments our program and puts up with our insanity.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He’s changed his story from Colorado going first, then UConn. Now it’s the 16 teams, because that’s what the actual insiders are putting out there. Obvious fraud is obvious.

Colorado has gone first, so there's that.

And the rest of the moves are tbd? I'm not saying id wager even $100 on it but what else do we have to go on?

CL82

Reaction Score
Is the guy on trial now for posting what he was told? If it turns out his info doesn't pan out that's one thing. As I've said before (aside from Colorado which should have been obvious to everyone who wasn't wrapped up in the hysteria) nobody knows nothing for sure. There are a few in the Big 12 who do and Dave Benedict, and they aren't talking. No reason to start bashing anyone who comes in here, compliments our program and puts up with our insanity.
Even if he was talking out his butt, he was fine.

Reaction Score
If you ever find yourself in Provo, check out Slab Pizza. And then probably get the hatch chile pizza or something because comparing it straight up to New York/CT pizza probably isn't fair. Or go over to Orem and hit up Tucanos for a Brazilian grill.
I have driven past Provo a few times on my way out to CA. Always grabbed a bite near one of the interchanges. What I remember was the towering mountains overhead. Kept telling myself to go visit sometime when I had more time. It looked very attractive. And of course Sundance is near. Opens for skiing December 1.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well, I guess it's only trolling if he eventually flips and starts talking about how great KU is, which, arguably he has done a little bit. He's never tipped his cards at all other than to say that "we're in". It's tough for me to find unsourced info from an unknown poster to be credible.

It might be "exceedingly bizarre" for fans of one team to troll another fan base, but it's pretty common on the Internet. Heck, @Deepster has made himself Public Enemy number one over on the Providence board.

I mean, he didn't really? He basically said Kansas has a better program than UConn which isn't exactly a crazy argument to make? It was more our fans that went ballistic.

It's not really even trolling though? Like what's the rub or who's he pissing off? Maybe a handful of people who think he's maybe credible end up being proven wrong?

Reaction Score
How is Lawrence hard to get to? KC has a brand new airport and Lawrence is right off of I-70. It's 52 minutes from the airport to Allen Fieldhouse. The football stadium is slightly closer. Boulder is likewise appealing and easy to fly to. Cinci and Orlando are easy flights. Fort Worth is appealing and easy from DFW. Ames is 45 minutes from the DesMoines airport.

Stillwater is the boonies. K-State is over 2 hours from KC Airport. Lubbock is just way out there. So don't go there.
It takes me an hour for me to get to the Rent longer for Storrs. I've gone there to watch track meets for crissakes! And the proximity of Bradley to either location is great for visitors.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I have driven past Provo a few times on my way out to CA. Always grabbed a bite near one of the interchanges. What I remember was the towering mountains overhead. Kept telling myself to go visit sometime when I had more time. It looked very attractive. And of course Sundance is near. Opens for skiing December 1.
Sundance and skiing are definitely options if you're staying a few days. For a quick little hike, you can go up to the giant Y they have on the side of the mountain and it provides a nice view of Provo. Or if it's the right time of the year, Bridal Veil Falls is nice and easy to get to.

Reaction Score

One 6-7 season does not erase a decade of under performing, which, btw, included its own 6-7 season. Still a losing season, and whether or not the upward trend will continue is not yet demonstrated. The last time previously, it did not.

And we are perceived as yankees, which we are.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean, he didn't really? He basically said Kansas has a better program than UConn which isn't exactly a crazy argument to make? It was more our fans that went ballistic.

It's not really even trolling though? Like what's the rub or who's he pissing off? Maybe a handful of people who think he's maybe credible end up being proven wrong?
I think people pass on what they hear, but nobody "knows" because it can't be known. Same with recruiting. Kid can change his mind at the last minute. Doesn't mean "he's probably going to X" was wrong. The situation is fluid.

As for being an actual KU fan, bringing up Dean Smith usually confirms that for me. Most UConn fans don't know that Dean Smith is from Emporia, KS and played at KU for Phog Allen (who played for Naismith). Adolph Rupp is from Kansas too, also played for Phog Allen (he was a bench player on one of those Helms teams). So when GoKU said what he did, it's because KU takes some credit for the success of both UNC and Kentucky on top of what KU has done. It really is the birthplace of college basketball in many ways.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
One 6-7 season does not erase a decade of under performing, which, btw, included its own 6-7 season. Still a losing season, and whether or not the upward trend will continue is not yet demonstrated. The last time previously, it did not.

And we are perceived as yankees, which we are.
Then explain why this program was so easily accepted into the conference. All because they played in a better conference? Well they’ve proved for 2 decades they don’t belong in a power conference for football.
IMG_1224.png

IMG_1225.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom