Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 73 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Heather Dinich ‏@CFBHeather · 5h5 hours ago
Talked to Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby tonight and he said formal legislation for deregulation has been proposed and should be voted on in Jan

Bowlsby: “It’s officially in the system. We haven’t encountered any resistance to it at all."

To me, the liklihood of the Big 12 having a title game with 10 teams in '16 is much greater than chance of it adding 2 teams.

Bowlsby on deregulation: "In the end I expect that it will be approved."

Big 12 officials aren't going to revisit the possibility of a title game, though, until it actually IS approved.

If the deregulation passes in Jan. as expected, the ACC should reconsider either N-S divisions, or scrapping them entirely.

Heather Dinich ‏@CFBHeather · 3h3 hours ago
. @Big12Conference fans need to stop panicking. 1 yr of data doesn't equal locked out of @CFBPlayoff. If it's a trend, change will happen.

Heather DinichVerified account
@CFBHeather
Love the game, live for Saturdays. Covering the #CFBPlayoff for ESPN and looking for the four best teams. With ESPN since 2007.

Reaction Score
Sign me up for an OU and UConn B1G expansion. Elite football and instant rival for Nebraska and the western corridor. Elite basketball and instant rival for Rutgers and eastern corridor. Opens up the ability to get into MSG for big games or even future conference tournaments. Also would be quite a carrot for further expansion: Kansas and Texas (more elite basketball and football).

OU. UConn. Get it done. We all know the B12 is run by morons and days are numbered. Be the first national UBER conference that dominates YEAR ROUND sports content. Do it Jim. Do. It.

Warde and Susan better be burning up the phone lines to Boren and Castiglione to work a package deal. This sounds a lot like TX A&M and Maryland. We need to tag along.

Reaction Score
I just checked it out and the poll is closed apparently due to some ballot stuffing. Are there people out there crazier than us?

"[Update: Poll closed! Technical difficulties! UCF's and USF's vote tallies are inflated well beyond what they should be. Before SHENANIGANS struck, the poll was led by BYU and Cincinnati, with UConn third and UCF fourth. I do not recall where USF was, but it was definitely not first or second.

And yes, since this story has not even been clicked on as many times as UCF has been voted for (disregard my grammar), yes, SHENANIGANS have struck.]

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Warde and Susan better be burning up the phone lines to Boren and Castiglione to work a package deal. This sounds a lot like TX A&M and Maryland. We need to tag along.

Would LOVE if UConn/OU announced a series in any sport. That way, we would all know the two ADs are talking.

Reaction Score
I just checked it out and the poll is closed apparently due to some ballot stuffing. Are there people out there crazier than us?

"[Update: Poll closed! Technical difficulties! UCF's and USF's vote tallies are inflated well beyond what they should be. Before SHENANIGANS struck, the poll was led by BYU and Cincinnati, with UConn third and UCF fourth. I do not recall where USF was, but it was definitely not first or second.

And yes, since this story has not even been clicked on as many times as UCF has been voted for (disregard my grammar), yes, SHENANIGANS have struck.]

Also, I know its a meaningless poll but what's the deal with the guy saying BYU and Cincy were ahead of us before "shenanigans"?
UConn-471 votes
BYU- 426
Cincy- 227

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
We had 30% of vote. And UCF BYU and Cinci followed with 10-17% range. Then the next minute some UCF brut force bot dumped like 500 votes in there, followed by USF dumping a load more.

Reaction Score
We had 30% of vote. And UCF BYU and Cinci followed with 10-17% range. Then the next minute some UCF brut force bot dumped like 500 votes in there, followed by USF dumping a load more.
That's cheating! Perhaps UCF and USF are pulling for the ACC invite!

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 24h24 hours ago
Big 12: One True Boren.

B12 expansion "possibilities": Dealing with BYUtv. It takes one game per year. Additional travel to Utah, Ohio, Florida? B12 want that?

B12 pros: Possible access to Florida but likes of Strong are huge there anyway.

B12 cons: 40% of the time in former conf champ game (1996-2010) underdog covered spread or won outright. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...game-could-affect-big-12-national-title-hopes

B12 expansion cons: In history of all conf champ games, favorite has been upset more than 30 percent of time. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...game-could-affect-big-12-national-title-hopes

B12 expansion pros: Twice in four years of 10 teams, B12 has narrowly missed champ game/playoff (Okla State '11, Bay, TCU '14).

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 23h23 hours ago
B12 expansion cons: SEC and B12 has lost most national title contenders in conf champ game upsets. 3 each. SEC 3 in 23 years, B12 3 in 15.

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 23h23 hours ago
@Brmadsenad Only schools that are going to end up in a good place -- regardless -- are Texas and Oklahoma.

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 21h21 hours ago  Overland Park, KS
While pro rata would remain the same for B12 expansion, what 2 schools are worth combined $50 mil per year?

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 21h21 hours ago
After media rights B12 still has $100 million in revenue that would be split 12 ways instead of 10. Wise?

Rights holders paid B12 the same for 10 as it did for 12. Champ game would be a negotiation. Can't believe rightsholders would break bank.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu · 21h21 hours ago
@dennisdoddcbs If small and private TCU is worth it then easily Cincinnati and UCF are worth it. No disrespect to TCU

@ack4wvu TCU & WVU filled out a roster. Were deemed better than any available school at the time. Including Louisville.

At the end of the day, Dave "Wallflower" Boren needed attention. Again.

Whatever happened to One True Champion? What if Cincinnati misses Texas and OU? Select comm won't like it.

Dennis Dodd retweeted
Tom Shatel ‏@tomshatelOWH · 21h21 hours ago
@dennisdoddcbs Who raises value of football product? And if you're OU or Tex, do you really want that? Another TCU getting in the way?

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 3h3 hours ago
Nightmare scenario: Memphis upsets Texas in B12 champ game. Good Lord, what have they done? #onetrueboren

Reaction Score
I really, really don't see OU to B1G as an option because the Sooners cannot leave Oklahoma State behind. The state made it clear back when they were flirting with the Pac 12 years ago that the two schools were a package deal.

I don't see the B1G taking two schools from Oklahoma. I think the more likely scenario is that OK/OK State actually bolt for the PAC 12 and KU heads to the B1G as No. 15 with a scramble set off to determine who becomes No. 16.
The P12 made it clear they weren't interested in OU if Texas wasn't involved during the last flirtation!! Check out their CR board on LT's....interesting stuff on the mindset outside our area.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu · 21h21 hours ago
@dennisdoddcbs If small and private TCU is worth it then easily Cincinnati and UCF are worth it. No disrespect to TCU

@ack4wvu TCU & WVU filled out a roster. Were deemed better than any available school at the time. Including Louisville.

At the end of the day, Dave "Wallflower" Boren needed attention. Again.

Whatever happened to One True Champion? What if Cincinnati misses Texas and OU? Select comm won't like it.

Dennis Dodd retweeted
Tom Shatel ‏@tomshatelOWH · 21h21 hours ago
@dennisdoddcbs Who raises value of football product? And if you're OU or Tex, do you really want that? Another TCU getting in the way?

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 3h3 hours ago
Nightmare scenario: Memphis upsets Texas in B12 champ game. Good Lord, what have they done? #onetrueboren
Huh... Remind me, is Dodd's background in Austin? He's not related to DeLoss Dodd is he?

(And Dodd >>> Dood even though Dood would probably like what Dodd is saying in this case)

Reaction Score
Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 3m3 minutes ago

Landthieves retweeted Paul Finebaum
Oklahoma/OSU/WVU

Paul Finebaum @finebaum
"My sense is that 1/3 of our Presidents want us to get bigger" - BigXII Commissioner Bob Bowlsby

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh. As bad as the AAC is, imagine it without Cincinnati and UCF.

We need this life boat so bad.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
I really, really don't see OU to B1G as an option because the Sooners cannot leave Oklahoma State behind. The state made it clear back when they were flirting with the Pac 12 years ago that the two schools were a package deal.

I think it's not that they're a package deal, it's that the hangers-on in these relationships--Okie Lite to OU, KSU to KU, Texas Tech to Bevo--have to be taken care of. They can leave but either 1. the XII needs to stay in the Cartel or 2. the hangers-on need to go to other Cartel leagues.

Reaction Score
Ugh. As bad as the AAC is, imagine it without Cincinnati and UCF.

We need this life boat so bad.

It kills me to think that a directional school like UCF, or Memphis would get a P5 invite and UConn would be stuck in the G5. Louisville was bad enough. I might give up at that point.

Reaction Score
Brandon Helwig ‏@UCFSports · Jun 25
During interview with @thebeatofsports, George O'Leary, regarding Big 12 expansion, said it "could get interesting the next couple months."

pj

Reaction Score
B12 cons: 40% of the time in former conf champ game (1996-2010) underdog covered spread or won outright. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...game-could-affect-big-12-national-title-hopes

B12 expansion pros: Twice in four years of 10 teams, B12 has narrowly missed champ game/playoff (Okla State '11, Bay, TCU '14).

After media rights B12 still has $100 million in revenue that would be split 12 ways instead of 10. Wise?

These cons are really weak: (1) 40% of the time the underdog covered the spread. That means 60% of the time they didn't. You'd expect 50%. What's the con from the favorite doing better than expected? (2) $100 million split 10 ways is $10 mn, 12 ways is 8.3 mn. Is $1.7 mn decisive? When you're making a strategic decision? When every conference has found that adding more schools increases per school payouts, plus you get the benefits of a championship game?

I think it is really about power. It probably has something to do with how large a coalition it takes to change the B12 bylaws.

Reaction Score
These cons are really weak: (1) 40% of the time the underdog covered the spread. That means 60% of the time they didn't. You'd expect 50%. What's the con from the favorite doing better than expected? (2) $100 million split 10 ways is $10 mn, 12 ways is 8.3 mn. Is $1.7 mn decisive? When you're making a strategic decision? When every conference has found that adding more schools increases per school payouts, plus you get the benefits of a championship game?

I think it is really about power. It probably has something to do with how large a coalition it takes to change the B12 bylaws.
I can see the vote now: Oklahoma & the rest-Aye to expansion, Texas lone dissenting vote. The Nays carry!

Reaction Score
Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn
@TTuberville dropped some bombs on us today on @SiriusXMCollege a/b the future of CFB. Thinks another realignment is coming & soon.

Tubs told us he has heard if the Big 12 doesn't expand as David Boren said it should it could be absorbed into the other Power 5 conferences

Reaction Score
@TTuberville dropped some bombs on us today on @SiriusXMCollege a/b the future of CFB. Thinks another realignment is coming & soon.

Tubs told us he has heard if the Big 12 doesn't expand as David Boren said it should it could be absorbed into the other Power 5 conferences

I agree with all of this tbh, but it also sounds a lot more like a scare tactic to get the Big12 to call UC

Reaction Score
I think he's kind of just stating the obvious at this point. It's pretty clear from Boren's comments, and a lot of folks affiliated who have been silent that the b12 is either very divided, or they have already done something, and it's just not out there yet. Unless they put some long range plan in place soon, they're not going to be able to weather a defection or 2.

Reaction Score
I think he's kind of just stating the obvious at this point. It's pretty clear from Boren's comments, and a lot of folks affiliated who have been silent that the b12 is either very divided, or they have already done something, and it's just not out there yet. Unless they put some long range plan in place soon, they're not going to be able to weather a defection or 2.

It all sounds like the Old Big East.

Boren is essentially Pedersen at Pitt. Blustering away, demanding big $$ for any strategic moves to keep it together. Texas is like Miami--they know they have a home.

The others are clawing to stay in the game, but they know that if they expand and the pay out is not what they expected, then Boren and his bluster will be the first out the door.

In other words, Boren is Pitt = untrustworthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom