Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 541 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The markets are what they don’t seem to care about. Yormark is imagining the B12 actually existing to people in the northeast. Some B12 fans just don’t get it. I don’t think they understand the volume of people and more importantly, cash that sits in the northeast. The last thing the B12 needs is more small and/or redundant markets.

Reaction Score
CT High School football isn't FL, never mind NJ or PA, but Loomis Chaffee and Avon Old Farms have an impressive commitment list that includes Alabama, Miami, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. Before you say those kids are not from CT and never would go to UConn, the same was true of hockey until UConn joined Hockey East.
The #1 college football recruit in the country is a New Haven kid, just saying.

Reaction Score
The #1 college football recruit in the country is a New Haven kid, just saying.
Going to Georgia.

Ryan Puglisi of Avon Old Farms is one of the top QBs in the country and heading to Georgia as well (as "the other QB recruit" in addition to the other prospect considered the #1 by some, Dylan Raiola).

Reaction Score
1. Agree. But his cons were also garbage and could easily be debunked.

2. Can we all agree to to still call it Twitter? X is stupid and hope the name does not catch on
I still refer to the Civic Center, so don't count on me to call Twitter by another name.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of posts by B12 fans trying to raid the ACC by taking Syracuse.

I don't think these people know much of anything about the northeast.
Even w boeheim’s army getting blown out by a mid major?

Reaction Score
Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

Reaction Score
Even w boeheim’s army getting blown out by a mid major?
the amount of knowledge of some of these fans is not even bigger than an ant's awareness of northeastern geography.

Reaction Score
The game was always to use football as a means to leverage the state into giving it more resources. Partly because that's how they think they made UConn work.

This wasn't the current presidents plan but he's full on board because he knows sports runs the bus. Marty Meehan is a former 6 term congress critter and was Lowell's chancellor (disclosure i am a UMass Lowell alum, UConn doctorate) and so he buys into roughly the same game plan.

That being said I know that wasn't UConn's game plan as such but played a roll. My view has always been that CT wanted a high quality state institution whereas MA is boston focused and they don't feel the need for such an institution due to all the private schools
I am an employee of UMass. Athletics seems to be an afterthought. Research grants and green initiatives seem to be priority. The community has been excited about the recent success in hockey.

Reaction Score
If UConn was announced with Colorado, the Big 12 loses its leverage with Arizona. Why do you think the 14 number was given to the press?

Kansas leads college basketball in all time wins. Our first coach invented the game. Rupp and Smith learned at Kansas. We are basketball.
Great. You can be the old boomer teacher. We will be the team with 5 men's titles in the last 25 years. So 20% of all titles in a quarter century.

Reaction Score
The problem is everyone knows UConn isn’t going anywhere and will always be available.
UConn is like a 6 in a bar at 10:00pm. No one is gonna try and pick up UConn when there are still 8 and 10’s in the bar. UConn will have wait until 15 minutes before closing time and hope all the 8‘s and 10’s have gone home.

Reaction Score
If UConn was announced with Colorado, the Big 12 loses its leverage with Arizona. Why do you think the 14 number was given to the press?

Kansas leads college basketball in all time wins. Our first coach invented the game. Rupp and Smith learned at Kansas. We are basketball.
You might be basketball, whatever that means, but Kansas is still looking up at a bunch of schools including UConn in winning championships. A little humility goes a long way when visiting another team’s board.

Reaction Score
A problem UConn hasn’t fixed is 90% of these schools and people only think colleges excist for football and nothing else. Unfortunately we looked bad this past decade in football and need time to fix it. Not sure 1 year can cleanse eyes of what happened under Edsel and crew.

Reaction Score
If your conference commissioner has a plan to make your conference the 3rd best in the country why would the university presidents not vote for the commissioner's plan?
We can only hope.

Reaction Score
The problem is everyone knows UConn isn’t going anywhere and will always be available.
UConn is like a 6 in a bar at 10:00pm. No one is gonna try and pick up UConn when there are still 8 and 10’s in the bar. UConn will have wait until 15 minutes before closing time and hope all the 8‘s and 10’s have gone home.
Who are the 8 and 10s?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom