Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 486 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is cattle country. You belong in The B1G.

"The Dairy Barns are located off of Park Avenue, directly across from Beaver Stadium. Approximately 500 animals are housed at the dairy facilities."

View attachment 89660

That's Beaver Stadium across the street from The Dairy Barns LOL.

Then I guess that the SEC and parts of the B1G are cattle country as well since they have similar markets? That's something people miss when they take shots at the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t that create a ConFLiCT?
100% and Diaco needs to hand out the trophy at the end of the first game. Dude was a visionary LOL. People laughed when he talked about football games being broadcast on Nickelodeon, then The NFL did it. People laughed at the ConFlict and then…

Reaction Score
Then I guess that the SEC and parts of the B1G are cattle country as well since they have similar markets? That's something people miss when they take shots at the Big 12.
Nah it’s dairy country.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Here’s Tramel with another one. But he appears to be giving in to the inevitable.

They just added four non-power 5 conference schools and the scoffing at adding another? And if that AD is talking “mid major” it better be about Gonzaga. Omfg

Reaction Score

Here’s Tramel with another one. But he appears to be giving in to the inevitable.

They just added four non-power 5 conference schools and the scoffing at adding another? And if that AD is talking “mid major” it better be about Gonzaga. Omfg

Tramel is never going to openly say "Bring on UConn" but this article was as close to that as possible.

Reaction Score
At 2:3O is where it gets interesting for us, he even mentions the possibility of adding one school if only one school with value is available.

Dang, we are not only a basketball school. Yes, we are really, really good at it, but we bring so much more. These people don’t do the research. Is this Kansas City Sports Network?

Reaction Score
He’s def non-key. I think he’s a pretender but time will tell
I think he's somewhat legitimate based on his bio. But I don't know how he would have any connection to a UConn booster.

Washington-based CEO LJC. Media consulting. 7 Time Emmy Award winning TV producer & director. Host of Stream On w/Jim Williams - Forbes&Zenger columnist

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Those pushing for UConn in the Big 12 are Yormark, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia.
In your opinion, with Texas and Oklahoma leaving, which schools are going to be the power players and lead the Big 12 on the decision? As an outsider, I think Kansas would be at the top?

And which schools are on the expansion and executive committees?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I think he's somewhat legitimate based on his bio. But I don't know how he would have any connection to a UConn booster.

Washington-based CEO LJC. Media consulting. 7 Time Emmy Award winning TV producer & director. Host of Stream On w/Jim Williams - Forbes&Zenger columnist
I thought that bio was BS but after doing a little googling maybe I should give him more credit. Just seems like he throws a bunch of stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

I may have found his linked-in and he has a career in sports production for local TV in Baltimore. Has had a stint at ESPN. Grad degree (working on) from Quinnipiac.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Those pushing for UConn in the Big 12 are Yormark, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia.
Feel like UCF should be in our camp, Iowa St, Houston, Cincy BYU (spread god to the NE!), TCU neutral to yes, with dusty schools OSU and TT probably the most ardent no votes.

Reaction Score
He got them an enormous TV deal after Texas and Oklahoma told them they're bouncing, they would be idiots not to listen to him.
So to be clear, you're not against the move if it were to happen. Just think men's hoops will take a step back?

Reaction Score
He got them an enormous TV deal after Texas and Oklahoma told them they're bouncing, they would be idiots not to listen to him.
As soon as Oklahoma, Texas, USC and UCLA left, it became very obvious that only the PAC or Big XII would maintain the same level of relevance. If you're a Big XII president or AD and you compare and contrast the Big XII media deal with what is going on with the PAC, you'd be an idiot to not throw your weight behind Yormark. The PAC is basically dead and the Big XII is setting itself up to be the #3 conference.

Reaction Score
So to be clear, you're not against the move if it were to happen. Just think men's hoops will take a step back?
I won't be too excited about it but I think we have to take it. I will worry some about the impact it has on men's basketball. We have the best men's basketball staff in the country at the moment so it shouldn't impact us too much and it will be nice not having to worry about how a lack of money will impact our athletic department/school down the road.

The fact that the Big 12 doesn't really have desirable Universities works in their favor in all of this and positions them very well as the third major conference. It still shocks me how unbelievably stupid the ACC is.

Reaction Score
I won't be too excited about it but I think we have to take it. I will worry some about the impact it has on men's basketball. We have the best men's basketball staff in the country at the moment so it shouldn't impact us too much and it will be nice not having to worry about how a lack of money will impact our athletic department/school down the road.

The fact that the Big 12 doesn't really have desirable Universities works in their favor in all of this and positions them very well as the third major conference. It still shocks me how unbelievably stupid the ACC is.
The ACCs issue is hubris. The Big XII schools know that without Texas and Oklahoma, their conference could have been destroyed. But they basically won the prisoners dilemma and stuck together for each other. This stability is why they've become a destination spot.

The ACC is a sinking ship that doesn't seem to realize it's a sinking ship. You have everyone out for themselves (no surprise given what happened to the original Big East) and it seems like everyone thinks there are more seats left at musical chairs than there really are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom