Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 308 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
How did I never notice Fartman69 as a user name? It's nice to get a laugh today. Though I would suggest those activities should be mutually exclusive. May explain why you are still single.

It's the best username on the entire site.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well ESPN and fox don't think we're worthy of P5 inclusion and are willing to pay to keep us and others out. So not really a fail but it shows how dead in our tracks we are.
ESPN gets UConn content for a song. Their ROI on the AAC contract is through the roof. ESPN doesn't want to pay any of their properties $25 Million/year when they can get it for $2 Million.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The attendance is driven by the quality of play.

The problem is, there ideal candidate would be a school whose alumni base would support a loser. They want programs with fans rain or shine, win or lose.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I have to say, even though no expansion is better for us than getting left behind, its very aggravating to know how our institution and leadership got jerked around by that inept conference. honestly feel bad for a couple of our current conference mates as well. Never feel bad for Memphis though. haha.

Reaction Score
Dan Wetzel‏@DanWetzel
Entire Big 12 expansion/non expansion nonsense seems to have stemmed from David Boren thinking out loud. Maybe ignore him next time.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel · 2h2 hours ago
He psychologically disadvantaged his own conference.

Jake Trotter‏@Jake_Trotter
Filed to ESPN. No expansion. No candidate could generate supermajority.

Stewart Mandel‏@slmandel
Now every candidate can feel equally insulted.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel · 1h1 hour ago
I just want to know if anyone got seven votes.

Reaction Score
I have to say, even though no expansion is better for us than getting left behind, its very aggravating to know how our institution and leadership got jerked around by that inept conference. honestly feel bad for a couple of our current conference mates as well. Never feel bad for Memphis though. haha.

Memphis should be demoted to CUSA after this whole episode. Totally exposed their dumpster fire university and moron fanbase.

Reaction Score
David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 2h2 hours ago
The only people more disappointed than expansion candidates are those who think today is also the end of Big 12 expansion chatter.

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 1h1 hour ago
Source: Expansion never came down to a formal vote, but became clear throughout process no candidate had necessary support.

Reaction Score
David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 1h1 hour ago
Source: Expansion never came down to a formal vote, but became clear throughout process no candidate had necessary support.

So no expansion vote, apparently no vote on future divisions or CCG format...

Were they all their for the free shrimp?

Reaction Score
Memphis should be demoted to CUSA after this whole episode. Totally exposed their dumpster fire university and moron fanbase.
In a weird way, Memphis fans kind of got the last laugh. They knew they were out a month ago while the serious candidates had to wait for this nonsense. But yes, they are just an awful institution of higher learning.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant · 8m8 minutes ago
UConn Dave Benedict confirms no Big 12 expansion: "Somewhat anticlimactic."

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant · 5m5 minutes ago
Big 12 boss Bob Bowlsby called UConn president Susan Herbst.."The word tabling was not used.They are not expanding." Benedict said.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New head line: Reports: Big 12 Won't Expand For Now; UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold

Reaction Score
New head line: Reports: Big 12 Won't Expand For Now; UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold

Big 12 Won't Expand For Now; UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold

>>Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who spearheaded a three-month national search for new members, called UConn President Susan Herbst and confirmed the news.

"He communicated to her they have chosen not to expand," UConn athletic director David Benedict told The Courant. "Obviously this is second hand from Susan to me, but the communication to me was that they were not expanding and don't plan on having any further conversations about expansion. The word tabling was not used. They are not expanding and don't have any future plans of discussion expansion."<<

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 2h2 hours ago
Going to be interesting to hear Big 12 spin after 11 schools spent a lots of time, money and prestige trying to impress the presidents.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 2h2 hours ago
If this expansion process was all about removing dysfunctional label from Big 12, don't know if it quite succeeded.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1h1 hour ago
Really hope that the Big 12 doesn't need any extra votes on an NCAA issue from some group of five schools in the near future.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1h1 hour ago
Don't know if anyone in the Big 12 will acknowledge it but OU President David Boren's comments last month helped put brakes on expansion.

Pat Clarke ‏@PatClarke39 · 1h1 hour ago
UCF president John Hitt confirms to WESH that Big 12 is not expanding.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 48m48 minutes ago
Big 12 expansion is over, done and finished. Of course, those words don't have same meaning in Big 12 universe as they do in reality.

Simba Walker ‏@UConnTrumbull · 47m47 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN Should the Big 12 be worried about its future?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@UConnTrumbull Immediately? No. Long term? Yes.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant · 8m8 minutes ago
UConn Dave Benedict confirms no Big 12 expansion: "Somewhat anticlimactic."

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant · 5m5 minutes ago
Big 12 boss Bob Bowlsby called UConn president Susan Herbst.."The word tabling was not used.They are not expanding." Benedict said.

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant 7m7 minutes ago
Call came from Bowlsby to Herbst at 3:53 p.m. "No expansion and no plans to talk about expansion," she said. "This what I expected."

Reaction Score
ESPN gets UConn content for a song. Their ROI on the AAC contract is through the roof. ESPN doesn't want to pay any of their properties $25 Million/year when they can get it for $2 Million.
Yeah i know, which is why we're dead

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So no expansion vote, apparently no vote on future divisions or CCG format...

Were they all their for the free shrimp?

The shrimp really is wicked awesome!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One irritating thing about this is thinking back not quite five years; if at that time the B-12 added Louisville and Cincinnati along with TCU and WVU (to return to twelve), pretty much all of the major players involved (including the B-12 as a conference) would have been better off.

Reaction Score
Big 12 Won't Expand For Now; UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold

>>Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who spearheaded a three-month national search for new members, called UConn President Susan Herbst and confirmed the news.

"He communicated to her they have chosen not to expand," UConn athletic director David Benedict told The Courant. "Obviously this is second hand from Susan to me, but the communication to me was that they were not expanding and don't plan on having any further conversations about expansion. The word tabling was not used. They are not expanding and don't have any future plans of discussion expansion."<<

Title change again... ;) Big 12 Won't Expand, UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold; Herbst Says She's Not Surprised

>>Benedict was asked if he was upset that ESPN, a Bristol-based corporation that gets tax breaks from the state of Connecticut, might have played a role in the Big 12's efforts to nix expansion, which would have cost the network more money.

"Not truly understanding all the ins and outs of their contracts and their conference relationships, it would be hard for me to comment on whether it was good idea or bad idea," Benedict said. "ESPN is a partner in our [American] league. I think ESPN has done an amazing job helping college athletics.

"I would say I am very interested in having a dialogue with ESPN now that this is over and talking about how we can partner with them. We are the state flagship university. They reside in the state of Connecticut. I think we should have a relationship like many other universities do with big corporate partners do in their states. I look forward to those conversations.<<

Reaction Score
Title change again... ;) Big 12 Won't Expand, UConn's Power Five Dreams On Hold; Herbst Says She's Not Surprised

>>Benedict was asked if he was upset that ESPN, a Bristol-based corporation that gets tax breaks from the state of Connecticut, might have played a role in the Big 12's efforts to nix expansion, which would have cost the network more money.

"Not truly understanding all the ins and outs of their contracts and their conference relationships, it would be hard for me to comment on whether it was good idea or bad idea," Benedict said. "ESPN is a partner in our [American] league. I think ESPN has done an amazing job helping college athletics.

"I would say I am very interested in having a dialogue with ESPN now that this is over and talking about how we can partner with them. We are the state flagship university. They reside in the state of Connecticut. I think we should have a relationship like many other universities do with big corporate partners do in their states. I look forward to those conversations.<<

Was just coming here to post that...VERY interesting from DB.

For the first time ever, school/state officials and the media seem to be coming to the realization that ESPN has been putting the screws to it's flagship university.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Big 12 will bide it's time and allow for more future prospects to develop (Florida schools, etc).

Reaction Score
How did I never notice Fartman69 as a user name? It's nice to get a laugh today. Though I would suggest those activities should be mutually exclusive. May explain why you are still single.

LOL funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom