Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 289 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
He said he has heard from a lot of people regarding his column
Big 12 expansion process drags on, with dysfunction only constant for league
and there is an undercurrent of anger in the conference. If anything happens, he sees Houston and Cincy being added. He says that Houston's position has solidified and they have earned it. Cincy just makes sense. He does not see UConn getting in because UConn does not have an indigenous football culture. He said that Texas will end up in the ACC and UConn will be their partner.
The only way the Big 12 goes to 12 with UH and Cincy is if the networks low ball them to stay at 10. This won't happen and suggesting these two teams makes zero sense. All it does is highlight how uninformed thamel is on the topic. Not the first time he has been vocal and clueless.

Reaction Score
The leadership of the other conferences do not care about any G5 pieces. If the SEC or B1G ever add any additional members they will be schools in existing P5 conferences that specifically targeted to add huge dollars to their war chest.

You have essentially posted this response in every thread so it's apparent that you really don't understand anything about CR. To think that either of those conferences are "carefully watching" the clown show the B12 is running is about the most absurd thing that has ever been posted on the BY. Congratulations!
I think the ACC might have some interest in Uconn. Some have also speculated the BIG might be interested.

Settle down on the attacks Bobby! Your speaking out your arse as much as the next guy.

Reaction Score
Never change upstater, never change.

You're having difficulty here. Your first point is that it's preferred for the school (we can all agree with that) but I read it that personally you like BE "all day." Write more clearly please if you don't mean this.

Reaction Score
C-Mon man. Seriously.

The stupidity here is the very idea that anyone would ever prefer the AAC over B12 for FB and BE for BB.

So you're saying the post was making a statement that no one would ever ever ever disagree with. Grrrrrrreaaat!

Reaction Score
I thought he was quite clear with his first sentence. But that's just me. He prefers full Big 12 membership overall but Big 12 for FB and BE for everything else wouldn't' be too bad. You misunderstood his full membership to mean AAC when he meant Big 12 would seem to be what has happened here.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Aresco mentions UConn, Memphis and Temple as schools that are concerned about AAC bball.

Not Cincinnati? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Memphis needs to worry about Memphis.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Well when you haven't gotten out of the first weekend of the tournament in over half a decade you're not really a hoops school anymore.

Yes, but they have that Fed Ex money.

Reaction Score
Aresco mentions UConn, Memphis and Temple as schools that are concerned about AAC bball.

Not Cincinnati? Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Wasn't he hyping up Louisville about 12 hours before they announced they were ACC bound.

That means absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
Mackenzie Richards‏@13mrichards Sep 15
@UCPrezDav
Trail (QB) is number 12. It's another sign. #Big12Confirmed

Beverly Davenport‏@UCPrezDav Sep 17
Beverly Davenport Retweeted Mackenzie Richards

I like the number 12. Both of my children were born on the 12th. No kidding. #PawsUp
1f43e.png

Reaction Score
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 6h6 hours ago
The BIG12 needs to change the narrative as soon as possible. Either name the 4 schools or cease & desist on expansion. It's lasted too long!

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 6h6 hours ago
The Houston/Cinn. game a last week a TV matchup for @American_Conf had far too much expansion talk. Not the commentators fault. It's news.

David Honeycutt ‏@dhoney1726 · 6h6 hours ago
@TimBrando
expansion by B12 is a big mistake.

Tim Brando‏@TimBrando
.@dhoney1726 No it's not! Their methods are the MISTAKE. Dragging this thru the season is a distraction now of epic proportions. Thanks.

Darryl Welman ‏@philly_dog · 5h5 hours ago
@TimBrando
what do you think is the biggest reason the B12 hasn't made a decision on expansion yet?

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 5h5 hours ago
.@philly_dog
I don't know and I don't care but 10 months of this is quite enough. Either get the teams ya want or table it. Ruining season.

Bruce Feldman‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Only 1 Power 5 conference has a winning non-conference record vs other Power 5 opponents in 2016: the Big Ten, which is 7-3.

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · Sep 18
.@BruceFeldmanCFB
Group of 5 should form a coalition as parity is no longer a myth.They are a stronger as a group than as individual Leagues

Reaction Score
Harold R. Kuntz‏@HaroldRKuntz3
@johnehoover @Lauren_Rew American is 24-11 overall; 6-7 vs Power 5 (Big 12 is 3-6)

The USA Today write this am mentioned in his article that now Houston and Cincy might have to worry about watering down their brand given the b12's bad performances this year. We've come full circle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom