Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 240 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Man oh man for a bunch of football diehards youd swear they were playing tennis. Its too cold. Its windy. Anyone conplain about playing at Lambeau field? Football is a mans game tgats to be played in the elements.

I remember reading a quote from Diaco where he said if a recruit asks him if it gets cold in CT, he's done. Next...

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I knew I shouldn't have clicked it. And yet I did.

4 UCF Emerging powerhouse under Scott Frost?
5 UConn East Hartford in November. Ahhh.

Dodd really has a strong lexicon.

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if we looked at average high temps in September for the TX schools??? Surely that's as important as the November low temps in CT, right?

Hartford: 71
Austin: 91
Waco: 90
Houston: 88
Ft. Worth: 89
Lubbock: 88

Well how about that? As a player or a fan, its not hard to decide where I'd rather be for a classic fall P5 football tussle.

Reaction Score
Every time I read that 27k for Texas on a cold Thursday night I cringe at how every bit of that is uninformed hyperbolic BS and he got paid to press the entire terms button.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Hmm, I wonder what would happen if we looked at average high temps in September for the TX schools??? Surely that's as important as the November low temps in CT, right?

Hartford: 71
Austin: 91
Waco: 90
Houston: 88
Ft. Worth: 89
Lubbock: 88

Well how about that? As a player or a fan, its not hard to decide where I'd rather be for a classic fall P5 football tussle.

I was gonna say the same thing. If youve ever put on the pads youll know theres nothing more miserable than football in 90+ degree weather. 50 degrees was about perfect imo.

Maybe we should just dome every stadium and play on turf so no one gets all dirty and ickey. And please, wash your hands after every series, its sooo unhygenic.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There are appox 3k posts on this website mocking Rutgers for giving away tickets.

When UConn does it it's awesome and brilliant.

Yeah, those opinions can be taken seriously there isn't any bias or hypocracy in them.
Did you know there are multiple people on this website? Some of them mock Rutgers. Some of them think UConn's promo was good. Maybe there's some overlap, but it's probably not 100%.

Reaction Score
My answer to that would be a bad Michigan team came to Ct to play the worst UConn teams in its BCS era and they could of sold 50,000 tickets
Is he saying that Texas is actually in the SMU or Memphis class in attracting eyeballs,I would suggest if that's true,their appeal to another conference might not be all that you are hoping for.

Reaction Score
Did you know there are multiple people on this website? Some of them mock Rutgers. Some of them think UConn's promo was good. Maybe there's some overlap, but it's probably not 100%.

50% of Rutgers' tickets were free that year, and they weren't given to just students.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
50% of Rutgers' tickets were free that year, and they weren't given to just students.

It's cute you think UConn is only giving tickets to students. Try and keep up.

It's the kind of thing that people who actually buy tickets know....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

There are? Do you have the links to those that defended the strategy for Rutgers?

Are you really going to argue that there aren't loads of hypocritical posters?

Reaction Score
It's cute you think UConn is only giving tickets to students. Try and keep up.

It's the kind of thing that people who actually buy tickets know....

Oh, so 50% of UConn's tickets are free.

Really now?

There is a big difference between some free tix and 50% of the tickets being free. Huge difference. No surprise you can't comprehend this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, so 50% of UConn's tickets are free.

Really now?

There is a big difference between some free tix and 50% of the tickets being free. Huge difference. No surprise you can't comprehend this.

Everytime I think SA passes you for stupidity you go all in. Congrats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you have nothing, resort to insults. Whaler's MO.

Funny stuff coming from a guy who didn't even know about the free ticket giveaways.

Are you really going to argue that your hypocritcial posts about Rutgers are still valid even as UConn slides into a position where they are going to spend the season papering the house with free tickets based on some threshold of the percentage of freebees?

Well if you'd like we can dig up the thread from a few years ago how I spelled out cutting prices and freebees make it impossible to sell tickets in the future since you screw your most loyal customers. Gee do you think that chicken is coming home to roost now?

Luckily you get to pontificate from Buffalo and don't actually have any skin in the season ticket game.

Reaction Score
He questioned Rutgers and Maryland to the Big 10 and mocked accountants? He could use one to explain addition and multipication to him.
Well, at least he didn't say blogging from their mom's basement, so kudos.
I guess I should be glad he called me an accountant instead of a basement dweller since Im one of the ones he responded to after calling out the idiocy in that article

Reaction Score
I guess I should be glad he called me an accountant instead of a basement dweller since Im one of the ones he responded to after calling out the idiocy in that article

Please share...

Reaction Score
Funny stuff coming from a guy who didn't even know about the free ticket giveaways.

Are you really going to argue that your hypocritcial posts about Rutgers are still valid even as UConn slides into a position where they are going to spend the season papering the house with free tickets based on some threshold of the percentage of freebees?

Well if you'd like we can dig up the thread from a few years ago how I spelled out cutting prices and freebees make it impossible to sell tickets in the future since you screw your most loyal customers. Gee do you think that chicken is coming home to roost now?

Luckily you get to pontificate from Buffalo and don't actually have any skin in the season ticket game.

I'll say again since your limited brain can't understand basic English.

If UConn gives away half of ALL tickets for free this year, it will be a huge embarrassment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll say again since your limited brain can't understand basic English.

If UConn gives away half of ALL tickets for free this year, it will be a huge embarrassment.

Thanks for making accomodations for my limited brain.

Any time a Penn State Truther takes the time to explain the things I just can't understand I feel extra special!

Next time don't get so angry just because you are uninformed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom