Kevin Ollie, UConn ready to rebound after rough season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie, UConn ready to rebound after rough season

Reaction Score
I'm sure Chris Mullin, the coach who lost to Delaware State and LIU Brooklyn last year, really drove home that we lost to Wagner and Northeastern when he got Sid Wilson to commit to them.

The simple answer is, too many of you are emotionally scarred by those games a year after the fact. It's frustrating, but immaturity isn't illegal.

You're calling out a poster saying no one else thinks about those losses when hes responding to an article that references those losses.

Not sure what immaturity would have to do with any of this but thanks for showing your stupidity once again.

Reaction Score
Please stop. Kentucky lost to Gardner friggin Webb a few years ago. Yes, it never would have happened with Calhoun but if Calhoun is the measuring stick then we need to give up measuring now.
No, they didn't. Kentucky lost to Gardner Webb in 2007.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Chris Mullin, the coach who lost to Delaware State and LIU Brooklyn last year, really drove home that we lost to Wagner and Northeastern when he got Sid Wilson to commit to them.

The simple answer is, too many of you are emotionally scarred by those games a year after the fact. It's frustrating, but immaturity isn't illegal.
Come on Stair, this is silly.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No, they didn't. Kentucky lost to Gardner Webb in 2007.

Is he referring to the nit loss in 2013?

I think he means Robert Morris.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is plenty of room for optimism. I like the roster for the most part. Larrier, Gilbert and Adams are going to be superb. Vital is solid. I think Anderson is a great addition. Cobb looks much better than I expected, and I have high hopes that Diarra won't play like a freshman, since he's been with us a year. They absolutely can win 20+ games and get to the tournament. Few teams have three players better than our three best players.

That said, they need to do it. I was excited to start the season last year too, with a ranked team that proceeded to play in a very rank fashion indeed. While we had many other issues all year, those two losses were because KO didn't do his damned job last summer. He sounds different now. Recruiting has been more positive too. I hope he has turned the corner and has rediscovered himself. We need the real Kevin Ollie.

So I am full of optimism about what the season can be, and fully aware that it may be misplaced. Show me the Ws.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There will be pessimists about everything in life
This board is full of folks who - think its funny to be a hater, think it will get them likes for being negative or maybe, and I hope not, are like this in life
I appreciate stating faults but to beat a dead horse like several on here do gets to be a bit too much
Thank God for the ignore option but I hate to not see people's opinions but some are just plain, IMHO, dolts
The program is starting to see some sunlight - so lets make hay while the sun is shining..............

And FYI - it's not just KO who has a lot to prove but he's the easiest to point a finger at right now
He was/is not the seed of all the problems/obstacles that have sprouted in/for the program

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I doubt it swayed hin much. He knows the pitches and has established relationships by now. Also Jalen had class, but each coach did get to talk with him.

Ahh, I was assuming he got to see them go about it on the court. Teaching style etc...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is plenty of room for optimism. I like the roster for the most part. Larrier, Gilbert and Adams are going to be superb. Vital is solid. I think Anderson is a great addition. Cobb looks much better than I expected, and I have high hopes that Diarra won't play like a freshman, since he's been with us a year. They absolutely can win 20+ games and get to the tournament. Few teams have three players better than our three best players.

That said, they need to do it. I was excited to start the season last year too, with a ranked team that proceeded to play in a very rank fashion indeed. While we had many other issues all year, those two losses were because KO didn't do his damned job last summer. He sounds different now. Recruiting has been more positive too. I hope he has turned the corner and has rediscovered himself. We need the real Kevin Ollie.

So I am full of optimism about what the season can be, and fully aware that it may be misplaced. Show me the Ws.
How is getting Wilson and Akinjo better than getting Zach Brown and MAL? The 2017 class was an outstanding class that imploded. I don't buy the narrative that KO was MIA last year and suddenly rediscovered himself.

pj

Reaction Score
How is getting Wilson and Akinjo better than getting Zach Brown and MAL? The 2017 class was an outstanding class that imploded. I don't buy the narrative that KO was MIA last year and suddenly rediscovered himself.

Wilson has more promise than a guy whose best skill is armed robbery. Akinjo has the heart of a Husky, there's no quit in him; and he's a creator and you can never have enough of those. MAL, maybe he'll be good, but we didn't really need him this year with Adams/Gilbert/Vital/Anderson and we might be better without him in 2018-19 if his absence allows us to reel in Carey.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm not giving him credit for two guys who never enrolled. And the rediscovery comment wasn't targeted at recruiting anyway.

C

Chief00

Took a shot at the Cuse with the pro style comment, pushed the Sixth Borough presence, talked uconn brand and importance. This is a great sounding interview. KO sounds like he's ready to rumble this year, let's get it

Blaze strategy playing out - mixing positive with negative now

Reaction Score
Ummm, because Zach Brown never had a prayer of playing college ball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ummm, because Zach Brown never had a prayer of playing college ball.

Don't care about the original argument, but was there significant question marks when he committed?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes.
Like Cobb and Whaley?

Which poster offered an alarm when Zach verballed? He was a top five center and I recall nothing but excitement about his commitment and a couple of feel good articles were posted about his difficult life. Link me one alarm you made that differed from the prevailing attitude in this forum at that time. I bet you can't.

The point I was making is that once the sanctions ended KO and the coaches had stellar recruiting successes that for various reasons ended in failure. The narrative that some poster goes to Blaze and that fixed recruiting is pure BS.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom