Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know why folks seem to think this is something unique about that championship team just because it was mentioned in a couple articles. Every high school JV coach in America knows to have players shoot free throws when they're tired.
No one said it was unique. I said it was something I remember. It was brought up all the time, I assume for a reason. They were not doing the Nash Drill before Ollie though so he did bring that to UConn and we did lead the country in FT% I believe in 2016 so like I said it was one of the positives I remember.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
On the flip side, Jacque Vaughn may be better as a college head coach. Jobs are available

Reaction Score
Good for him, this looks like a bridge coaching type of promotion. Yes he flamed out here and made a lot of mistakes and horrible decisions.

I still don’t wish doom on him like others here will it doesn’t make you any better of a person, it’s not how I was raised. He did win us a national championship and people forget he was here in 2011, Kemba was good before 2011 but wasn’t cardiac Kemba prior to 2012.

Hopefully he has become a better as UConn obviously has with a national championship and hopefully more.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great, maybe now he can give back the millions he owes the university
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

xclamations

Back2Back2
Reaction Score
I've never seen singularly anyone more exiled, vilified, who's had so much resentment towards them from a fan base after winning a title somewhere, and of course of it's this fan base (us). Like/than Kevin Ollie. It's pretty disappointing.

Yeah he ultimately sucked, but he's still a Husky. I hope they mend that someday and have him come back. Infact im calling it now, when they have the 2014 team reunite in a decade...

Reaction Score
I've never seen singularly anyone more exiled, vilified, who's had so much resentment towards them from a fan base after winning a title somewhere, and of course of it's this fan base (us). Like/than Kevin Ollie. It's pretty disappointing.

Yeah he ultimately sucked, but he's still a Husky. I hope they mend that someday and have him come back. Infact im calling it now, when they have the 2014 team reunite in a decade...
He ran the program into the ground and alienated anyone and everyone along the way. That includes Jim Calhoun, who single-handedly got him the job.

I’m not rooting against Ollie or anything, but it shouldn’t be a mystery why so many fans don’t support him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked Vaughn, and thought he was doing a good job. This is a great spot for an interim coach. Most mid-season firings are because the team had unrealistic expectations (the Bucks) or the team sucks (almost every other midseason firing). But the Nets are decent, have low expectations, and the second easiest remaining schedule. Not a bad spot for Ollie to land in.

Reaction Score
It sounds pathetic at this point, like saying the one thing you remember about his tenure is free throw shooting.

Not to get into this for the millionth time, but people aren't mad because he sucked at the end. They're mad because he deliberately stopped doing his job. But I've been over it for a while. I wish him luck.

Reaction Score
Good for him, this looks like a bridge coaching type of promotion. Yes he flamed out here and made a lot of mistakes and horrible decisions.

I still don’t wish doom on him like others here will it doesn’t make you any better of a person, it’s not how I was raised. He did win us a national championship and people forget he was here in 2011, Kemba was good before 2011 but wasn’t cardiac Kemba prior to 2011.

Hopefully he has become a better as UConn obviously has with a national championship and hopefully more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not to get into this for the millionth time, but people aren't mad because he sucked at the end. They're mad because he deliberately stopped doing his job. But I've been over it for a while. I wish him luck.
And then fought to get the $11m that any reasonable arbitrator or court would have denied after he stopped trying. His interests were opposed to UConn's interests, so he became the bad guy. Since our AD is still short on money, I'd rather put the $11m into the Gampel concourse. Hell, maybe he can give it back and we'll name it after him.

Reaction Score
And then fought to get the $11m that any reasonable arbitrator or court would have denied after he stopped trying. His interests were opposed to UConn's interests, so he became the bad guy. Since our AD is still short on money, I'd rather put the $11m into the Gampel concourse. Hell, maybe he can give it back and we'll name it after him.

Jimbo Fisher will make $75 million over the next few years to wake up in the morning. Its what happens. A coach with a contract gets fired, and the school pays out the contract. Except when they try not to. Except that they do anyway.

I mean come on, given what Georgetown is paying Cooley, does anyone not think a national championship is worth $11 million?

Reaction Score
Maybe he can give Daniel Hamilton another chance , he probably would have been a first round pick with Hurley.

Reaction Score
I wish him nothing but the best. I have screwed up in the past and was given second and third chances. I’m not too nice but identify with lost souls.

I'm cool with second chances, even if you're 45 and making them. A second chance doesn't need to be making millions in a public-facing job.

Reaction Score

I think Shabazz and maybe Ray or Donny will have a role in reuniting Ollie with the university. The athletic department who cares so long he’s reunited with the fans and alums keep the politics out of it.

Reaction Score
As bad as the grudges are against Edsall and Diaco - at least I understand them.

We are on top of the hoops world - let KO be. It all worked out in the end. (I was pissed at him too at the time, but I'm over it)

Reaction Score

Nope only lazy entitled 23 year old gets that courtesy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom