Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Happy KO is getting another shot. Interested in seeing how he does with a Nets roster that has potential to at least make the playoffs.

Seemed like he was terrible at managing a college program, but maybe he’s a better fit for the Xs and Os of the NBA.

Reaction Score
Especially in how he ran his offenses, I always thought Ollie's style caters more to the NBA game than NCAA game.

That being said, I'm excited that he finally gets his first NBA head coach shot, plus the NCAA championship to his resume obviously pads his resume too. He's only 51, so he could have a solid 10-15 year career in the NBA, if it all works out for him.

I'm a Knicks guy, but wishing Ollie the best of luck and sucess.

Reaction Score
Sounds like they did him a big favor doing this when they did. Schedule gets much easier the remainder of the season, so hopefully they'll perform well enough to at least get him another assistant job if not the head position.

Reaction Score
I think he would be a much better NBA coach than a college one. For all his faults he did a great job gameplanning and managing the games during the NC run. He sucked at player development like a ton (not a problem in the NBA where he will have a huge staff), he sucked at recruiting (also not a problem in the nba) and acted unprofessionally. Now that last point could be a problem but the environment in the NBA is much different and he is presumably older and wiser now

Reaction Score
Especially in how he ran his offenses, I always thought Ollie's style caters more to the NBA game than NCAA game.

That being said, I'm excited that he finally gets his first NBA head coach shot, plus the NCAA championship to his resume obviously pads his resume too. He's only 51, so he could have a solid 10-15 year career in the NBA, if it all works out for him.

I'm a Knicks guy, but wishing Ollie the best of luck and sucess.
I always hear about how “KO runs his offense” but from what I remember it was just a bunch of pickup beat your man basketball? I couldn’t imagine KO running the caliber of offense Hurley runs now.

Reaction Score
He's been dead to me for a while. He was an embarrassment personally and professionally here. You all are too nice.

Butterfly effect. If everything didnt play out exactly as it had with Ollie, would the timing have ever worked out so that we got Hurley.

We can now boast 5 championships under 3 different coaches and we‘re looking strong going forward. Given some alternative history without Ollie, I highly doubt we‘d be where we are now.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn is 25th in team Free Throw%. Only positive I remember about Ollie was the tired free throws at practice.

Reaction Score
Butterfly effect. If everything didnt play out exactly as it had with Ollie, would the timing have ever worked out so that we got Hurley.

We can now boast 5 championships under 3 different coaches and we‘re looking strong going forward. Given some alternative history without Ollie, I highly doubt we‘d be where we are now.

Should I be cheering for Ollie because he was so bad we had to fire him and he cost us $11,000,000? Because I'm not.

Yes, I am happy Hurley is our coach and we won a natty. Duh. So I wouldn't go back in time and change things if I could I guess.

That doesn't mean I can't wish a heaping pile of blowout losses and more professional embarrassment on our old friend Kevin. He was both a terrible coach, a bad role model, and a s---y person while he was here. I can deal with being a poor coach; the rest of it was pathetic.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn is 25th in team Free Throw%. Only positive I remember about Ollie was the tired free throws at practice.

I don't know why folks seem to think this is something unique about that championship team just because it was mentioned in a couple articles. Every high school JV coach in America knows to have players shoot free throws when they're tired.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's been quite a road for KO. I wish him all the best both as a potential head coach or continued as an assistant. His personal life as well. JC saw something in him and one of the reasons his career as an NBA player was so long was his presence in the clubhouse and as a mentor to younger players. Best of luck KO.

Reaction Score

Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member