Kevin Ollie Throwbacks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Throwbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess I'm just trying to figure out what years the Ollie throwback is from and the Ray jersey I just bought on ebay? They def aren't from the same year.

I think Ray is '95 and the Ollie throwback is '94.

Reaction Score
although I have been a longtime boneyard reader, never joined until recently....here are my favorite jerseys, my 2 #13 Connecticut jerseys. I was told that they were "blood" jerseys, meaning if anybody in the game got blood on their jerseys during play, they would have worn these in order to return to play during said game to avoid having to miss action, not exactly certain if that was true, but these 2 jerseys definitely aren't retail, as evidenced by the tagging and lining inside the jerseys.
no evidence of any players name stitched onto either jersey back, so I assume the story I was told may in fact contain some truth
just wanted to show them off, as they have been my prized items for years now, better than any retail jersey, by far

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 91
Reaction Score
although I have been a longtime boneyard reader, never joined until recently....here are my favorite jerseys, my 2 #13 Connecticut jerseys. I was told that they were "blood" jerseys, meaning if anybody in the game got blood on their jerseys during play, they would have worn these in order to return to play during said game to avoid having to miss action, not exactly certain if that was true, but these 2 jerseys definitely aren't retail, as evidenced by the tagging and lining inside the jerseys.
no evidence of any players name stitched onto either jersey back, so I assume the story I was told may in fact contain some truth
just wanted to show them off, as they have been my prized items for years now, better than any retail jersey, by far

Very nice. Though I'm 5' 9" and i wear a size 48 (large). Those must have been for a very short player / walk on.

Reaction Score
Same here, had it signed by the '09 squad and would have framed it had they won the whole thing. Adrien will always be one of my favorite Huskies.
That's one of my favorite Uconn jerseys, have a #4 white.

Reaction Score
Dude your proving my point. I bought that Thabeet jersey in 2007. I don't care what Uconn was wearing at the time. That's the jersey that was being sold. I know it's not a Ray Allen jersey. If you read the thread you would know what I was talking about. You clearly didn't.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 39

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure what you guy are arguing about...the second any of you put on one of those jerseys, you instantly become the least authentic thing about it.

Reaction Score
The Thabeet jersey has the circle with the interlocking UC at the bottom of the neck. The Allen jersey does not.

Reaction Score
Dude your proving my point. I bought that Thabeet jersey in 2007. I don't care what Uconn was wearing at the time. That's the jersey that was being sold. I know it's not a Ray Allen jersey. If you read the thread you would know what I was talking about. You clearly didn't.
I think that you thought that I meant they switch to the one Thabeets wearing in your link in 08 when they switched to the piped jerseys that year. I just corrected your post that said the piping came in 09 when in fact they came a year earlier. The jersey in your link was worn in the early 2000's and retired after 06-07

Reaction Score
I think that you thought that I meant they switch to the one Thabeets wearing in your link in 08 when they switched to the piped jerseys that year. I just corrected your post that said the piping came in 09 when in fact they came a year earlier. The jersey in your link was worn in the early 2000's and retired after 06-07

Yea that makes sense, because I bought that Thabeet jersey in 2007. I was just saying that people always list the Thabeet jersey as a Ray Allen on ebay when it's clearly different lettering number placement and letter / number size.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you guy are arguing about...the second any of you put on one of those jerseys, you instantly become the least authentic thing about it.

So anyone that collects jerseys or wears them to games is a poser? That's a fairly large percentage of the fan base. Pretty sure no one's pretending to be on the team when they put on a jersey to cheer them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom