Kevin Ollie Throwbacks | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Throwbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Good idea but they look kinda knockoff-ish as in something that I could find on ebay...still debating on whether or not I will make the plunge though

Maybe I'll wait to see if we beat Coppin State first before I make this decision

Reaction Score
definitely looks like an item that should cost $40 that I would buy when it hit $30, not worth $65 to me at all

but a good way for them to make a product "weve been asking for" and have it not sell out ridiculously due to the price, and then they can say "but yous guys ask us for stuff and then you dont buy it"

make it high quality and a realistic price!

Reaction Score
Unless they're going by a different year, it looks like a knockoff because the details are sloppy and incorrect. For starters, the font number is off and it's missing the small white gap between the blue/red on CONNECTICUT and 12. It's difficult to see from the lone image on the site but it looks like the side panels are incorrect too. Pretty terrible.

14280.616-2T.jpg

EDIT:

I guess they based the throwback off of these. Still, the details are pretty off.

180592798-university-of-connecticut-basketball-player-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not accurate when compared. ^

People may not be able to distinguish but at that price it should be much closer to the real thing.

Reaction Score
Nice! I believe Starter was making our jerseys back then but still cool jersey. What other school can you wear the jersey of the head coach!?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nice! I believe Starter was making our jerseys back then but still cool jersey. What other school can you wear the jersey of the head coach!?!

6536712_orig.jpg

Throw-back uniform available only in black and white.

Reaction Score
i've got a ben garden jersey that reps a real playa

i'll take a reel el Amin el ala Main jersey for real if it stop pearl harbor necklace

nobod who playa want preacher man jersey; he was just last option b/c sledteam could not get any bonafide targets of that era as happens in most yrs in huskyville

Reaction Score
I actually have this exact jersey, although I got it on eBay for about $30. Love wearing it during games.

Reaction Score
I have that same jersey I bought in the mid 90's. It's an authentic jersey, great quality. Had it for almost 20 years and still looks new. I like the newer nike authentic elite jerseys, more comfortable to wear.
that Ollie jersey the OP posted looks terrible, no way a $60 jersey. Looks kinda like the cheap replica champion jersey they sold for $25 in the 90's.

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
i've got a ben garden jersey that reps a real playa i'll take a reel el Amin el ala Main jersey for real if it stop pearl harbor necklace nobod who playa want preacher man jersey; he was just last option b/c sledteam could not get any bonafide targets of that era as happens in most yrs in huskyville

What a goober

Reaction Score
I actually have this exact jersey, although I got it on eBay for about $30. Love wearing it during games.

Now its more about finding them in good condition than the price. Most of the #34 jerseys on ebay that people claim are Ray jerseys are Thabeet jerseys from 2007. I have almost 100 different Uconn jerseys and shorts. Ya i ended up winning the auction for 75 bucks but its in perfect condition and those hardly ever come around on ebay anymore, and this was the authentic one from 1996…..very hard to find now. The very next year we switched to Nike I believe. If I can find the white Starter Ray I'd pay way more than $75. I've seen the blue a bunch of times but never the white Ray? Does anyone here have this jersey in white or know if it exists to buy, I've never seen it??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sta...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Reaction Score
Now its more about finding them in good condition than the price. Most of the #34 jerseys on ebay that people claim are Ray jerseys are Thabeet jerseys from 2007. I have almost 100 different Uconn jerseys and shorts. Ya i ended up winning the auction for 75 bucks but its in perfect condition and those hardly ever come around on ebay anymore, and this was the authentic one from 1996…..very hard to find now. The very next year we switched to Nike I believe. If I can find the white Starter Ray I'd pay way more than $75. I've seen the blue a bunch of times but never the white Ray? Does anyone here have this jersey in white or know if it exists to buy, I've never seen it??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Starter-Ray-Allen-34-UConn-Connecticut-Huskies-Jersey-Size-large-48-/121500763507?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160&nma=true&si=rd3235XheLdVsEd5lFSPsZxvhe0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
That link is dead, but are you referring to the $30 one that's usually floating around eBay? It's a Chinese knock-off jersey, but I have it and love it.

Reaction Score
That link is dead, but are you referring to the $30 one that's usually floating around eBay? It's a Chinese knock-off jersey, but I have it and love it.

The link I put put here was for the Ray authentic starter jersey from the 90s that I just won on eBay. I was just asking if anyone has ever seen the same jersey in white or know if they ever made one? I've never seen one before.

Reaction Score
The link I put put here was for the Ray authentic starter jersey from the 90s that I just won on eBay. I was just asking if anyone has ever seen the same jersey in white or know if they ever made one? I've never seen one before.

and the link isn't dead yet.. you just scroll to the bottom of the page, it's still there. The auction just ended 2 days ago.

Reaction Score
Guess I'm just trying to figure out what years the Ollie throwback is from and the Ray jersey I just bought on ebay? They def aren't from the same year.

Reaction Score

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Starter-Ray-Allen-34-UConn-Connecticut-Huskies-Jersey-Size-large-48-/121500763507?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160&nma=true&si=rd3235XheLdVsEd5lFSPsZxvhe0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So they made a Hasheem jersey his freshman year? Didn't they switch over to the newer jerseys with the piping on the sides and front his sophomore year....?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I do not believe starter made a white version for sale, I know because I wanted the white and ended buying the blue in 1995. I could be wrong, here's my #34 starter blue. Still in mint condition. Would love to find a white also.

Attachments

• rayallenjersey.jpg
    rayallenjersey.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads