Kevin Ollie Settlement | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did you guys know that this Kevin Ollie guy won a National Championship in 2014?
Yep saw the whole thing. Did it with Calhoun recruits. He get kudos for finishing it out but he still isn’t the legend everyone wants him to be

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think the best thing Ollie can do right now is just go away. I wouldn't be surprised if fans are more willing to accept him back (to honor the 2014 team) down the road, but the wounds are way too fresh right now.
It’s not just the fans. It’s also the former players and guys whose careers he ruined.

Remember the Purvis tweets from last month?

Idk. The fans are one thing, but would a guy like Purvis come back for the “celebration” if Ollie was there?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Lol…stop.

”Oh, he lost his way….”

He’s a bad human being - he didn’t lose his way, that was his way. The ”he changed after his divorce’ crowd never asks why he got divorced, do they?

He can come back after the stroke of never.
The holier than thou crowd is the most comical.

Are you telling me that if you found out Calhoun has cheated on his wife, you wouldn’t consider him welcome in Storrs?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Now that the legal process has played out in his favor, I wouldn't mind seeing him take some level of responsibility for what happened. I'm not asking for an admission of guilt so much as an acknowledgement of his own problems and what he's done since to address them.

As an aside, I have no idea how Benedict is still employed here. He butchered this every which way and seems to get a lot of credit for things that fell into his lap.
Could really care less if he ever apologizes to us, the fans. He brought us a National Championship in his 6 year tenure. Yeah he made for some miserable years of fandom, but that didn’t ruin any of our lives (hopefully not, lol).

Who he needs to apologize to is his former players, the guys whose careers he ruined by being an absentee coach for his least few seasons.

Maybe he already has (but based on the Purvis tweets, doubtful). But if he hasn't, it should be a private individual apology, not some image restoration fluff statement put out by an overpaid PR firm about how “he’s changed and is still haunted by the mistakes he made during that period in his life blah blah blah.”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He can come back when he apologizes for quitting on the school, the team and the fans and donates all the money he got back to the university. Good riddance to him.

Reaction Score
Lots of drama. KO doesn't owe me or any fan a thing. Nor does he owe the players. He coached. Had some brief but substantial success. Then things fell apart for him. The team sucked. I watched less. Had more free time and I did other things. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Reaction Score
This would be a good 30 for 30. You could get insight from his former players, coaches even some boneyarders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bob Knight didn't take Indiana to court for $15 million.
Or smear a much beloved of the Hall of Fame coach.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lots of drama. KO doesn't owe me or any fan a thing. Nor does he owe the players. He coached. Had some brief but substantial success. Then things fell apart for him. The team sucked. I watched less. Had more free time and I did other things. It wasn't that big of a deal.
This oversimplifies Ollie’s egregious mismanagement of the program. There’s also those multiple stories of Ollie’s inappropriate behavior with a player’s mom. Forgive? Maybe. Forget? No way.

Reaction Score
Could really care less if he ever apologizes to us, the fans. He brought us a National Championship in his 6 year tenure. Yeah he made for some miserable years of fandom, but that didn’t ruin any of our lives (hopefully not, lol).

Who he needs to apologize to is his former players, the guys whose careers he ruined by being an absentee coach for his least few seasons.

Maybe he already has (but based on the Purvis tweets, doubtful). But if he hasn't, it should be a private individual apology, not some image restoration fluff statement put out by an overpaid PR firm about how “he’s changed and is still haunted by the mistakes he made during that period in his life blah blah blah.”

This I can get behind. The rest of the butthurt whining in this thread is embarrassing. Lot of armchair legal geniuses on this board have been wrong about every single step of this process. And fans demanding an apology? Good grief.

Reaction Score
This oversimplifies Ollie’s egregious mismanagement of the program. There’s also those multiple stories of Ollie’s inappropriate behavior with a player’s mom. Forgive? Maybe. Forget? No way.
Lebron's mom?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
This is the end of the legal proceedings. So does that mean this can be the last thread about him? Please!

As someone who was critical of his legal standing it’s hard for me to resist as I still find it confounding

How is being banned from coaching in the NCAA not just cause for termination? Next time I’m in a legal jam I’m calling KOs attorneys because they’re magicians

And to top it all off paying another 4M for reputational damage when all the university did was tell the truth about his misconduct (even while leaving the most salacious bits out of the news)

No burying the hatchet for me on this one. I will be booing if he ever has the audacity to show up at a game again

Reaction Score
I've never cared for the UCONN's approach to this case. I felt they signed a contract with someone. Then refused to honor the contract. Then manufactured slanderous reasons why they shouldn't honor the contract. Others obviously disagree with that statement, but in my opinion this is now legal fact.

I'm not impressed with my University
Feel the same way.

Reaction Score
Im really not aware of the rumors you are referring to, but they are almost certainly irrelevant.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The rest of us actually care about the program, so it’s different.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The pettiness and vindictivness of some posters on here is amazing. Hopefully none of you ever screw up, make a mistake or have circumstances that make you lose your way. It's all water under the bridge...welcome him back at any point in time because I'd bet that he's done more for UCONN than the people complaining have.
righty-o.jpeg.gif

the more folks here yammer on aboot ax murderer KO, the more i like the guy. i used to be noncomittal on the subject, thinking nothing more back then that it was time for a change, but in my time here, i've moved completely over to 'Free Kevin!,' except for that highwaters/clam digger pants catastrophe. never forget!
turrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco