Kevin Ollie news(non Uconn and non legal matter). | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie news(non Uconn and non legal matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like hoops is off the table for now.

Maybe he legitimately doesn’t want to coach anymore. He could would be an asset to any NBA team as an assistant, heck his college BBall ready resume is good enough for any non P5 program to take a chance on him. He just might not want to coach

Reaction Score
"My mission is to have Modern Acupuncture knock on every door and deliver a gift of holistic healing wrapped in self-care management. Being a former athlete and national championship-winning coach, I know that this can benefit all of us regardless of our age, gender, race or socioeconomic background,” said Ollie. “Stress is a real issue affecting every part of our society and Modern Acupuncture is a potential solution for so many, especially for our youth who are more stressed-out than ever. I am eager to do what I can to increase awareness and accessibility for all.”

Sounds just like him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Maybe he legitimately doesn’t want to coach anymore. He could would be an asset to any NBA team as an assistant, heck his college BBall ready resume is good enough for any non P5 program to take a chance on him. He just might not want to coach
I would never want to hire a person who has a history of filing lawsuits against his former employers. Red flags.

pj

Reaction Score

He has to rest and get bored long enough to recover a desire to work, and get old enough to feel like he wants the company of young people eager to learn from him. A coach needs to take pleasure in being a teacher. KO didn't seem to enjoy coaching.

Something like this is a good way to keep active during years off. KO if he recovers his desire can get a job as a coach. He has the national championship to show he's not incompetent. Someone will forgive his mistakes, if he has repaired his desire.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He has to rest and get bored long enough to recover a desire to work, and get old enough to feel like he wants the company of young people eager to learn from him. A coach needs to take pleasure in being a teacher. KO didn't seem to enjoy coaching.

Something like this is a good way to keep active during years off. KO if he recovers his desire can get a job as a coach. He has the national championship to show he's not incompetent. Someone will forgive his mistakes, if he has repaired his desire.
Given he has a 3 year show cause hanging over his head, I'm guessing that that rest and recovery period would last at least three years.

(On a semi-related note, will Hurley get us a natty before KO's interminable arbitration of his discharge is completed.)

pj

Reaction Score
(On a semi-related note, will Hurley get us a natty before KO's interminable arbitration of his discharge is completed.)

We can hope!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He legally can’t coach NCAA for 3 years. surprised Penny hasn’t hired him as an assistant just to middle finger the NCAA

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would never want to hire a person who has a history of filing lawsuits against his former employers. Red flags.

Pro sports teams wouldn't have a problem with this side of it. They are fully aware of the business aspect of the sport. This is pure business and basically run by lawyers.

Unless some great shift happens for him, I don't think he's ever coach college again. He's allergic to the recruiting trail.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He legally can’t coach NCAA for 3 years. surprised Penny hasn’t hired him as an assistant just to middle finger the NCAA

He can legally coach whenever. But the institution who hires him would have to accept 'show cause' and accept any NCAA penalties associated with his time at UConn.

He's not a good enough coach for a university to eat those penalties and PR. If it were say, a Tom Izzo type, most universities would accept the penalties just to get him in the fold.

CL82

Reaction Score
Unless some great shift happens for him, I don't think he's ever coach college again. He's allergic to the recruiting trail.
He's gone from no escalators to:
ESCALATOR.gif

Reaction Score
He can legally coach whenever. But the institution who hires him would have to accept 'show cause' and accept any NCAA penalties associated with his time at UConn.

He's not a good enough coach for a university to eat those penalties and PR. If it were say, a Tom Izzo type, most universities would accept the penalties just to get him in the fold.
Yeah...bad example considering the Mic St scandal cost hundreds of millions and prison time.

Reaction Score
I see a future filled with insurance fraud claims filed by the DOJ/OIG... will make the NCAA look like a cake walk.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah...bad example considering the Mic St scandal cost hundreds of millions and prison time.

And yet, every single school in the country (but like 10 of them) would hire him instantly. It is exactly what makes my example. People mostly don't care what you have done if you are good.

CL82

Reaction Score
I see a future filled with insurance fraud claims filed by the DOJ/OIG... will make the NCAA look like a cake walk.
?

Reaction Score
Because you can get insurance companies to cover acupuncture treatments. So suddenly he’s filing false claims... god forbid some of them are Medicare. Big, big Federal crimes. Investigated by the Department of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General.
Many of these run totally clean shops. But it’s way too tempting, especially if you feel like you’ve lost money or had to give money to people. It takes awhile to prove, too.

Reaction Score
And yet, every single school in the country (but like 10 of them) would hire him instantly. It is exactly what makes my example. People mostly don't care what you have done if you are good.
Well, there are probably less than 30 coaches with a title, and he is one of them. Someone would take a chance. Of course looking back, it appears he lost interest and while he wanted his job, his performance made many gave up.

Reaction Score
Because you can get insurance companies to cover acupuncture treatments. So suddenly he’s filing false claims... god forbid some of them are Medicare. Big, big Federal crimes. Investigated by the Department of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General.
Many of these run totally clean shops. But it’s way too tempting, especially if you feel like you’ve lost money or had to give money to people. It takes awhile to prove, too.
That is quite a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22