Kevin Freeman to be Named New Assistant Coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman to be Named New Assistant Coach

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@UCDaveD is entitled to his opinion. Which he admits is strictly an opinion. What I want to know is why supposed insider @Chief00 liked it.

Reaction Score
Smart of him to bump this. It’s a good read. The stuff about Watkins stands out and seems familiar.

Thanks for finding this. All things Kevin, very informative article by Dom Amore

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Smart of him to bump this. It’s a good read. The stuff about Watkins stands out and seems familiar.

“When I got to UConn and joined the staff,” Killings says, “Kevin was one of the guys I hit it off with right away. I just fell in love with his work ethic. In so many ways he bleeds blue. He is so proud of that place and what he accomplished there, and I just thought he understands the game. He’s great with kids. He knows how to teach, how to command respect.”

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I forgot that he was Basketball Ops for that long (7 years). Impressive patience and dedication. Looking forward to seeing a member of our family being a massive success as a coach.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone in a suit that looks better than Kevin Freeman? He has been a loyal husky in the past and I am very glad Dan hired him. The grief he shows in that picture with JC is hard to see but it is a measure of what UConn means to Kevin.

Reaction Score
I loved Freeman as a player, but his resume just did not stack up against some of the other mentioned candidates. Leads me to believe that either Calhoun or wealthy boosters had their say and pressure was applied to Hurley.

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that UConn got their second choice here, they are probably a message poster - Freeman was the favorite from start to finish.
I think they got their 3rd choice, but I’m not even smart enough to know what a message poster is, so I guess it makes sense.

Reaction Score
I loved Freeman as a player, but his resume just did not stack up against some of the other mentioned candidates. Leads me to believe that either Calhoun or wealthy boosters had their say and pressure was applied to Hurley.

The amount of people who just spew this without any evidence at all is unbelievable.

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that UConn got their second choice here, they are probably a message poster - Freeman was the favorite from start to finish.

You sure about this? Multiple insiders said otherwise. I’m happy with the choice, but let’s not call out people with historically good records as being wrong without concrete evidence.

Reaction Score
Agree with you.. If you studied the language of the job posting..You knew the author of the posting was trying to facilitate a certain candidate's resume for consideration.. The Carpenter is playing Chess..Not Checkers..

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You sure about this? Multiple insiders said otherwise. I’m happy with the choice, but let’s not call out people with historically good records as being wrong without concrete evidence.

Multiple insiders said that Freeman wasn't the first choice and Hurley was pressured to hire him for other reasons? I honestly missed that.

Reaction Score
Agree with you.. If you studied the language of the job posting..You knew the author of the posting was trying to facilitate a certain candidate's resume for consideration.. The Carpenter is playing Chess..Not Checkers..
Exactly. Why was it 2 yrs coaching experience, not 3 or 4... or more. Anyone that has done hiring knows how to draft a description to fit the person they want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom