Kenya Hunter made a mistake. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter made a mistake.

Reaction Score
Is he though? The problems with the roster are lack of depth and shooters... that's on the GM.
No argument there, Danny has grossly screwed up these past 3 drafts - along with not being able to trade up but that's not entirely his fault.

Grant Williams, Carsen Edwards, Payton Pritchard, Aaron Nesmith are nice players.... but are they really?

I think Stevens' lack of adjustments and odd rotational moves have been concerning enough to me in the playoffs the past 2 seasons - potentially more than that to say it's time for change.

He doesn't deserve to run out of town like many Green Teamers would say, but I think it's clear that it's just time for a new set of eyes and a new message.

Reaction Score
As I said, KardashianKen made a weak move.

He was going to take Indiana’s unlimited recruiting budget and with Archie Archanine Miller finish behind Rutgers in the Big Ten with good recruits.

PS: BigTenKen is a clown.

Reaction Score
No argument there, Danny has grossly screwed up these past 3 drafts - along with not being able to trade up but that's not entirely his fault.

Grant Williams, Carsen Edwards, Payton Pritchard, Aaron Nesmith are nice players.... but are they really?

I think Stevens' lack of adjustments and odd rotational moves have been concerning enough to me in the playoffs the past 2 seasons - potentially more than that to say it's time for change.

He doesn't deserve to run out of town like many Green Teamers would say, but I think it's clear that it's just time for a new set of eyes and a new message.

Do any coaches in the NBA really excite you? Stevens would be unemployed for 5-minutes before landing any NBA/college job he wants.

Reaction Score
Do any coaches in the NBA really excite you? Stevens would be unemployed for 5-minutes before landing any NBA/college job he wants.
i was going to say the same thing. if fired, he could easily find another head coaching job in the league (assuming that's what he wants). he has made the ecf in 3 of the last 4 years and is still well-regarded as an x's and o's guy.

it has definitely been a brutal celtics season, though...

Reaction Score
i was going to say the same thing. if fired, he could easily find another head coaching job in the league (assuming that's what he wants). he has made the ecf in 3 of the last 4 years and is still well-regarded as an x's and o's guy.

it has definitely been a brutal celtics season, though...

Unfortunately whatever is wrong with Kemba has a lot to do with it

Reaction Score
I think the Celtics would be nuts to part ways with Stevens, it hasn't happened for them yet but the Covid bubble and everything that's gone along with Covid/injuries/pauses the past year has made some teams looks better than they are and some worse. Teams like the Celtics, Nuggets, and Mavs are all better than their records. You stick with what you have, wait until Kemba gets healthy/right and keep building around Tatum/Brown.

Reaction Score
I think he's on his last legs in Boston, the plan just never worked out.

Indiana would be an ideal fit.
Or Duke.
He’s Indiana born and raised. Indiana is most likely his dream job
even if he got fired why would he go back to college? he's plainly demonstrated his desire to be a pro coach and hasnt done anything to the contrary since. half a dozen teams in the nba would snatch him up in a second

Reaction Score
I think the Celtics would be nuts to part ways with Stevens, it hasn't happened for them yet but the Covid bubble and everything that's gone along with Covid/injuries/pauses the past year has made some teams looks better than they are and some worse. Teams like the Celtics, Nuggets, and Mavs are all better than their records. You stick with what you have, wait until Kemba gets healthy/right and keep building around Tatum/Brown.
My question would be how much longer does he have with the Celtics? I think he has 1 more year after this. At some point the Celtics have to make that next step. At some point they may have to move on from Ainge as well.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Stevens will want to leave the NBA for college. He's a brilliant, young basketball mind with worlds of potential in management or coaching. There will be enticing opportunities available to him when he leaves the Celtics. Some might not be as a coach.

Reaction Score
Not happening
INDIANA is right now projected as a #11 seed tourney qualifier.
They r 12-10 overall and ONLY 7-8 in what is arguably the toughest league in the country TY.
They are in a very comparable bubble position as UCONN is.

Their remaining schedule is
RUTGERS, MICHIGAN, MICH STATE & PURDUE.
** THINK they finish at best 2-2 w remaining schedule.

They would finish 14-12, 9-10 in this scenario.
One W in their tournament might slide them into the tourney.

THINK UCONN needs to win at least 2 of last 3 and at least one BIG EAST tournament GAME to have a good chance of sliding into NCAA T.

Think MILLER is safe this year if they make tournament or not, definitely if they slide in,so Hunter will have a job.

HUNTER bailing on UCONN so late left a bad taste in my mouth.
He obviously was hurt by not being the coach named ASSOC. HEAD COACH here, maybe he felt he had to make this move when he did to take advantage of opportunity that opened up w Coach Flint heading to KY.

NO WAY HE GETS THE INDIANA JOB as his first gig if Miller is let go.

Reaction Score
Hindsight 20/20, he made his choice and now he may have to make another one

Reaction Score
Uh oh Archie’s seats getting warm!

IU was up 15 with 10 mins to go in the 1st half... they’re down 20 with 6:30 to play.
He's done, hasn't taken Indiana to the tournament since he took over. Career conference record of 33-41 and he took over a good situation. They're far worse than when he took over.

Reaction Score
Indiana can still win a couple and get in. They (he) are in trouble, but they've got opportunities.

Reaction Score
Uh oh Archie’s seats getting warm!

IU was up 15 with 10 mins to go in the 1st half... they’re down 20 with 6:30 to play.
I was reading this article today about coaches on the hot seat. Miller wasn't mentioned. Dave Leitao, Richard Pitino, Bruce Weber, Josh Pastner (seems to be perpetually on the hot seat), and Steve Prohm.

Reaction Score
Buddy. Anywhere in that post did I imply he wasn't a capable coach at the NBA or college level?

No.

He'll absolutely get whatever college job he wants, I have a feeling he will take a break from the NBA. The point I was making is that the message is not getting through, and his adjustments are mediocre right now. Not saying it's all his fault, but again - the message isn't getting through.

Reaction Score
No way Brad Stevens goes back to college when he’ll get another nba job quick. NBA is so much less of a grind year round and much more desirable although you have less of job security.

Reaction Score
Buddy. Anywhere in that post did I imply he wasn't a capable coach at the NBA or college level?

No.

He'll absolutely get whatever college job he wants, I have a feeling he will take a break from the NBA. The point I was making is that the message is not getting through, and his adjustments are mediocre right now. Not saying it's all his fault, but again - the message isn't getting through.

source.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom