Kenya Hunter hired as Assistant Coach | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter hired as Assistant Coach

C

Chief00

Ummm... old news. All that risk for regurgitation.;)

TCF15 is not under the gag order but I said that in jest in this instance since it’s not specifically relevant to KFree. The KO situation can’t settle fast enough - then Chief will be back to his old self.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, lots of good news.

One thought I had, is this part of a master plan? to either go back to the BE for MBB or position us as an East Coast footprint for another conference? I know it’s all about football but just some idle speculation. .
It's all about football and until UConn can dominate the AAC in both basketball and football they belong right where they are. The AAC is an excellent place for UConn to build their football program and prepare for an eventual P-5 invite. Let the men's basketball team do what the women do, win consecutive AAC Championships and trips to the Final Four. Then P-5 conferences will be fighting over who gets New England's school.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's all about football and until UConn can dominate the AAC in both basketball and football they belong right where they are. The AAC is an excellent place for UConn to build their football program and prepare for an eventual P-5 invite. Let the men's basketball team do what the women do, win consecutive AAC Championships and trips to the Final Four. Then P-5 conferences will be fighting over who gets New England's school.

I would be ecstatic if UConn made back to back Final Fours for the first time in program history. Wowzers.

Reaction Score
Yep because they were all over us when we won the National Championship in '14 and '11.

Reaction Score
This thread is the epitome of the psychotic nature of the BY and sad to say, I'm proud of it.

"We need a coach! Fire KO!" - Hurley is hired.

"We need good assistants! " - Moore, Young, Hunter are hired.

"Then who's number two?"

LOL. Way to go.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Even more impressive? Nebraska had never landed a top 100 recruit before Kenya arrived.
So we have recruiters who can get the ingredients. We'll find out if we have the cooks to make them sizzle.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It's good to see everyone arguing again. Much more fun than trying to get a record thread.

Reaction Score
Repost: This is a pretty sweet staff. The resumes of these guys are really strong.

The emphasis on strong recruiting AND player development (actual coaching) is in stark contrast to the previous staff. And I liked those guys.

Hurley locks down the Eastern Seaboard as planned. So far, everything Hurley mentioned as a priority, things he said he would do, he's done.

Heck, we even got 'continuity' and 'family' with Tom Moore, for the guys who are into that. I do think it's a nice bridge to the past, and helps Hurley navigate the transition.

It will be really nice to be able to win recruiting battles in our own backyard again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That crowd exists too. If we gave him a lifetime contract like some were suggesting then yes I think that was our future.

That crowd was the rear guard action formed to cover the retreat of the people slow to realize the former coach’s shortcomings.

Reaction Score
UConn roster updated with the new staff and includes Freeman. Feels great to turn the page. Feels like the adults are back in charge.

Dan Hurley - Head Coach
Tom Moore - Assistant Coach
Kimani Young - Assistant Coach
Kenya Hunter - Assistant Coach
Kevin Freeman - Director of Basketball Administration
Eric Youncofski - Director of Basketball Operations
Tripp Doherty - Director of Scouting/Video
Ed Streit - Dr. of Strength & Conditioning
Elijah Gore - Graduate Manager

Reaction Score
UConn roster updated with the new staff and includes Freeman. Feels great to turn the page. Feels like the adults are back in charge.

Dan Hurley - Head Coach

I'm surprised they kept Streit for S&C. Not that he's bad or anything, in fact I know nothing about him and he hasn't been here long. I would have figured Hurley would have his own guy.

Reaction Score
Streit needs a chance to show what he can do. He worked with the Bulls for 3 years so he should have a handle on building up basketball players. However, his resume isn’t super impressive because his experience is limited.

I think he will be evaluated after a year or so. Clearly, Hurley is going to tell him to bulk these guys up. Hopefully, that is something he excels at. You would think AD David Benedict was involved in his hiring last year and knew we needed someone who could build these guys into NBA bodies.

Reaction Score
This may rank up there as one of the best "trades" ever made! Who could have imagined last year when we sent Disastro off to Nebraska to be one of their assistant coaches, that our "player to be named later" would end being the highly regarded Kenya Hunter?!? Wow...I'll take that swap anytime!! ;)

Reaction Score
This thread is the epitome of the psychotic nature of the BY and sad to say, I'm proud of it.

"We need a coach! Fire KO!" - Hurley is hired.

"We need good assistants! " - Moore, Young, Hunter are hired.

"Then who's number two?"

LOL. Way to go.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Dan Hurley - Head Coach

I read KFree's bio, and couldn't help but notice that they failed to mention that he was once a teammate of Tim Thomas.

Reaction Score
I read KFree's bio, and couldn't help but notice that they failed to mention that he was once a teammate of Tim Thomas.

Agreed.

KFree's hockey career has been criminally
underreported.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET